Sonic Origins (Sonic 1,2,3+Knuckles, Sonic CD compilation) officially announced - releases June 23rd

FQl2i9gWYAQFk-w?format=jpg&name=900x900

Here's a teaser trailer from IGN:

And here's a promotional art for the game which apparently went up on PSN's CND servers:

FQouwW4WQAARDun?format=jpg&name=medium

I love the artwork.  Looks great. :love: 

Hopefully this collection is good and a quality product all around.  SEGA are so fucking stupid for not working with the teams that did Sonic Mania for a new game :shake: 

• Remij changed the title to Sonic Origins (Sonic 1,2,3+Knuckles, Sonic CD compilation) officially announced - releases June 23rd

Switch version might be coming a bit later according to this image

812Apuo.png

Says coming soon.. and apparently there's an in-game currency to unlock shit lol??

Anyway the trailer looks great.  These conversions run on the Retro Engine which is the same engine that Sonic Mania uses. :love: 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Meh, its basically just a collection of roms. I find it hard to get excited about this.

It's not emulation.

I mean... hating a collection... for being a collection of games... is just stupid.

If you don't care, that's understandable... but just say that.

10 hours ago, Remij said:

It's not emulation.

I mean... hating a collection... for being a collection of games... is just stupid.

If you don't care, that's understandable... but just say that.

I didn't say I hated it. Im just saying that its a very low effort series of ports. Sonic is more popular than its been in decades because of the movie series but instead of capitalizing on that with big new games, SEGA instead puts out ports of games from the 90s.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't say I hated it. Im just saying that its a very low effort series of ports. Sonic is more popular than its been in decades because of the movie series but instead of capitalizing on that with big new games, SEGA instead puts out ports of games from the 90s.

Sonic Team is still working on that open world Sonic game. I won’t be getting it again because I already own Sonic 2 (My favorite) in like 3 places.