MS GamePass is trying to be the Netflix of gaming meanwhile at Netflix….

:dbry: Leave it to the retards at MS to find a new way to lose money at Xbox. Netflix with 221 million subscribers is losing money and yet MS thinks that this is the future of gaming and everyone will abandon retail to go subs only. ShitPass has been on the market since 2017 and still has a measly 25 million subscriber count even after MS gives out subs like free candy for $1 lol.

No wonder they are trying to force ads into F2P Xbox games, next thing you know it will be coming straight to Shit Pass :mroff:

Edited by FIREPOWER
53 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Why is it happening, people trying to save money during a time of inflation? Competition? 

They said it’s because of competition and they plan to increase their content but I’m not sure that will be able to stop the bleeding. I honestly think they are reaching saturation point and with increased competition getting back to their old rates of new subscription is gonna be tough. They also wanna kick people off that are on shared accounts, I don’t know how people are gonna respond to that. These issues as well as the fact that they keep increasing prices every quarter, it’s not looking great for them going forward.

Edited by FIREPOWER
24 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I imagine the price increase might be associated with the drop in subscription holders.

Price increase is definitely a factor. They also said increased competition from subs like HBO Max and Disney+ as well was the culprit.

35 minutes ago, Remij said:

Jesus christ this clown is fucking OBSESSED with Xbox :tom: 

I can’t help the fact MS or MS related stuff keeps having bad news. I’m just reporting the news as I see it. Cry harder bitchass Lemij, you sound deeply hurt by all of this considering you’re supposed to be a fakeboy Hermit. Fucking clown :hest:

7A78B2AA-E2B6-44A2-B938-76CF4F54E648.jpeg

They've already raised the price to near $20, and that's probably a monthly charge where people really start to pay attention.

And now they're saying they're gonna crack down on password sharing. And that's gonna result in some people remembering their monthly auto-renewal and taking a quick look at it and thinking whether or not they want to turn that off.

They also kind of in a weird corner, because if they need to break even, then they may have to stop producing as much content........but that's going to result in more subscriber losses.

GamePass, on the other hand, hasn't even achieved 1/20th of all the things Netflix has accomplished, and they're also at a point where more and more rumors of a price increase is coming. They're going to have a major moment, themselves, when all of those people who did the $1 conversion trick back in 2019-2020 have their cheap pre-paid subscriptions expire.

• Thanks 1

Apparently, the stock drop was 30%. And something happened with their animation studios, and they've completely shut down their own internal management that overseas those animation studios.

But even worse than that is that there is now talk that Netflix had been LYING about their viewership numbers?

If there's more to that story, and they've been lying about all sorts of viewership information, this is going to get really ugly with the shareholders if they think Netflix has been cooking their data books.

EDIT: Now 35%

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1

Netflix CEO just announced that they are going to start implementing ads to their service "within the next year or two"

If that doesn't result in a discounted tier, this is gonna get ugly, real fast.

you can literally the bubble deflating

55 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Netflix CEO just announced that they are going to start implementing ads to their service "within the next year or two"

If that doesn't result in a discounted tier, this is gonna get ugly, real fast.

you can literally the bubble deflating

I can see a ton of people canceling their subs when they do that. They are losing one of the main advantages they had over regular cable. Nobody wants commercials on Netflix. Unless this is only restricted to some extremely low-cost tier it’s going to be a disaster.