[March NPD] PS5 is last place in units sold & dollars for 2022

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to [March NPD] PS5 is last place in units sold & dollars for 2022
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gamestop already has a refurbished listing for the Xbox Series X.   So does Walmart's website.   The moment people finally get the PS5 that they really want, we'll be seeing more o

the meltdown has begun

Lemmings were so sure Xbox would win units for March... Best month for Xbox and it still can't win 

If I’m inferring what that poster is saying correctly, Xbox couldn’t sell more units than PS5 despite shortages and Series S and X had to be combined to outperform it $ wise correct? :cmpunk1:

Meh, PS5 hardware shortages are a bitch.  PS5 will be dominating ShitBox as soon as Sony gets some stock.

In other news, not a single ShitBox game on the top 20 YTD chart for NPD. Meanwhile Sony has 5 including games that are years old like Spiderman Miles Morales and GOW.

:cruise: And would you look at that….GT7 had the strongest debut for a GT game on NPD, much stronger than GT Sport and HFW is selling great. Didn’t you lemshits say those two games flopped? They are both raping Halo and Flopza that both didn’t chart in top 10 last year and they are only on PS consoles unlike those two their flops :freeman:

What the fuck are lemshits playing on their Xbox? Halo and Flopza are long forgotten :sabu:

Edited by FIREPOWER
7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lemmings were so sure Xbox would win units for March... Best month for Xbox and it still can't win :drake:

LOL he's crying about PS5 getting last place... again :rofl: 

The only thing lemmings were sure about was that Sony would be in last place.. again... and that you'd be mad about it :rofls: 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

not surprised about the ps5. sony needs to step shit up.

MS bought TSMC foundry capacity up, essentially limiting Sonys output.  Sony had purchased more foundry capacity for the initial year of the consoles life.. and MS outbid them for this year.  

MS knows they can continue to outbid them for chip capacity, and limit the amount of units Sony can produce.  And obviously it's not just MS doing this... but you also have other massive players vying for chip production which is limiting Sony's output.. and they simply can't afford to pay what these other companies can.

MS can also use excess chips created for their servers lol.. so it's not like they're just creating chips that wouldn't ever get used.  They can produce as much as they need, and divert chips for other uses when required.

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

MS bought TSMC foundry capacity up, essentially limiting Sonys output.  Sony had purchased more foundry capacity for the initial year of the consoles life.. and MS outbid them for this year.  

MS knows they can continue to outbid them for chip capacity, and limit the amount of units Sony can produce.  And obviously it's not just MS doing this... but you also have other massive players vying for chip production which is limiting Sony's output.. and they simply can't afford to pay what these other companies can.

MS can also use excess chips created for their servers lol.. so it's not like they're just creating chips that wouldn't ever get used.  They can produce as much as they need, and divert chips for other uses when required.

MS playing hardball.

42 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL he's crying about PS5 getting last place... again :rofl: 

The only thing lemmings were sure about was that Sony would be in last place.. again... and that you'd be mad about it :rofls: 

You retards we're soooo sure Xbox would win March.....wrong again :sabu:

7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

MS playing hardball.

They very well could be.  They know that if people can't buy PS5's for long enough they're more likely to break down and buy whatever they can.. and if at the end of the generation, Sony isn't over 2x the console sales that MS has.. then it was a successful generation for them.

The more people who buy the console, the more of the chance there is to get them aboard the Gamepass train.

Sony will obviously have a "minimum" contract with TSMC in which they need to produce a minimum amount of consoles per the contract... but anything extra goes to the highest bidders.  And we've heard that Sony spent a lot to allocate a lot of chips for the first year.. whereas MS didn't.  We've also heard that MS has significantly ramped up capacity for the 2nd year.. so it would seem so.

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You retards we're soooo sure Xbox would win March.....wrong again :sabu:

I never said Xbox would "win" March... I said it would beat Playstation.

Quote where I said it would "win" :reg: 

Fucking lying bitch :sabu: 

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

I never said Xbox would "win" March... I said it would beat Playstation.

Quote where I said it would "win" :reg: 

Fucking lying bitch :sabu: 

On 2022-04-05 at 5:58 PM, JonbX said:

Xbox being number 1 really hurting feelings :D

On 2022-04-06 at 10:22 PM, Remij said:

I don't give a shit if they're last.. Xbox won UK this month... and I'm almost certain they're going to win NPD again this month... .

:sabu:

• dead 1
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

:sabu:

Against Sony fucking clown :mj: 

"NPD again"... They weren't first in February were they?  I said they'd win NPD.. like they'd won the month before :lemming: 

Nobody... and I repeat NOBODY gives a fuck about Switch figures here... The battle is between Xbox and Playstation.

Just now, jehurey said:

So that's a really fancy way of saying Xbox didn't win for the month of March :kaz:

It definitely won against Playstation for the month of March.  And this thread is about Playstation being in... last place. :tom5: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

It definitely won against Playstation for the month of March.  And this thread is about Playstation being in... last place. :tom5: 

So Xbox didn't win, like you guys were claiming it would.

Nobody needs to worry about the Playstation, because your OWN tweet that you posted practically excuses it as being supply limited.

Which is what we've been saying all this time.

The PS5 is in higher demand than the Xbox.

Your tweet clearly promotes that very same narrative.

So thanks for that:reg:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So Xbox didn't win, like you guys were claiming it would.

Nobody needs to worry about the Playstation, because your OWN tweet that you posted practically excuses it as being supply limited.

Which is what we've been saying all this time.

The PS5 is in higher demand than the Xbox.

Your tweet clearly promotes that very same narrative.

So thanks for that:reg:

It doesn’t matter what the demand for PS5 is when they can’t make them :D 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

It doesn’t matter what the demand for PS5 is when they can’t make them :D 

I don't worry about how a multi-billion dollar international corporation is doing.

Gee, you sure do seem to be caught up in it.:kaz:

This is where they're at, right now. LOL