Sony half asses VRR, only supports 48hz-120hz range to match their TVs

This means none of the PS4 games will benefit, none of the lower frame rate fidelity modes will benefit, and most games that dip lower than 48fps will run will still run better on Xbox which has a 30hz-120hz VRR range, including Elden Ring. 

https://www.entechtainment.today/p/27-04-2022?s=r

Something worth noting: the PS5 supports VRR at 4K within the 48Hz-120Hz refresh rate range. This means that if a game’s frame rate drops below 48 FPS very often, it will not make the most of the new function

No freesync and a half assed VRR to sell Sony TVs nobody wants  :D :D  lap it up cows

Edited by Vini
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good thing elden ring actually runs almost 10fps higher on the PS5 version than on the Xbox Series X version.   looks like Microsoft is expecting alot of framerate drops in their games.

Good thing Sony's games don't fall into the 40fps range, that's an Xbox problem.   The games on Sony's platform that have framerate issues like Elden Ring only drop a 5fps at most and stay w

good thing PS5 games don't tank as badly as Xbox.   Worked beautifully as well, testing it last night.   Played some GTA5 single player. And that comes with Performance RT mode, wh

Good thing Sony's games don't fall into the 40fps range, that's an Xbox problem.

The games on Sony's platform that have framerate issues like Elden Ring only drop a 5fps at most and stay within the 55-60fps range.

Xbox needs all the help it can get with its weak ass dropping to 40fps territory with its games :drake:

• dead 1
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Good thing Sony's games don't fall into the 40fps range, that's an Xbox problem.

The games on Sony's platform that have framerate issues like Elden Ring only drop a 5fps at most and stay within the 55-60fps range.

Xbox needs all the help it can get with its weak ass dropping to 40fps territory with its games :drake:

You claimed ratchet 40fps mode was running at 100fps :kaz:

elden ring drops to the 40s on ps. Who you kidding? LMAO

Edited by ghostz
Just now, ghostz said:

Yup.  Brought this up earlier. Sony purposefully holding back.. holy fuck. Jerry is really pissed, cause his tv supports lower VRR too :tom: 

good thing PS5 games don't tank as badly as Xbox.

Worked beautifully as well, testing it last night.

Played some GTA5 single player. And that comes with Performance RT mode, which runs better on PS5, since the Xbox version is literally missing some effects. LOL

But Performance RT attempts to stay at 60, but may come with some small dips. Started the game and would notice some odd stutter when I was in Franklin's room rotating the camera around alot, with the mirror.

Go into PS5 menu and turn on the setting that forces VRR on every PS5 game, and then go back to GTA5. The light stutter is gone.

• aitch 1
6 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You claimed ratchet 40fps mode was running at 100fps :kaz:

elden ring drops to the 40s on ps. Who you kidding? LMAO

No it doesn't drop to 40fps, cry harder :drake:

2032267587_maxresdefault(2).thumb.jpg.ad798bb9c5317cb7cac27628985b1a8a.jpg

:kaz: WeakBox Series L needs all the help it can get, LMFAO!

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 hours ago, jehurey said:

good thing PS5 games don't tank as badly as Xbox.

Worked beautifully as well, testing it last night.

Played some GTA5 single player. And that comes with Performance RT mode, which runs better on PS5, since the Xbox version is literally missing some effects. LOL

But Performance RT attempts to stay at 60, but may come with some small dips. Started the game and would notice some odd stutter when I was in Franklin's room rotating the camera around alot, with the mirror.

Go into PS5 menu and turn on the setting that forces VRR on every PS5 game, and then go back to GTA5. The light stutter is gone.

So you’re playing a last LAST gen slight enhancement over those next gen exclusives Sony has to offer?

:D :D :D 

you actually paid  for it, too. :kaz:

Edited by ghostz
55 minutes ago, ghostz said:

So you’re playing a last LAST gen slight enhancement over those next gen exclusives Sony has to offer?

:D :D :D 

you actually paid  for it, too. :kaz:

Yeah, I paid $10 for GTA5, both single player and online.

After I had last played it back in 2013. At the lowest price the game has ever been.

And the Xbox version actually looks WORSE:kaz::kaz::kaz:

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, I paid $10 for GTA5, both single player and online.

After I had last played it back in 2013. At the lowest price the game has ever been.

And the Xbox version actually looks WORSE:kaz::kaz::kaz:

Holy fuck THATS how bad PS, you have to play two gen old games :D 

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL he's digging in my PSN for a second thread. I thought I was playing unravel?:tom: He's now contradicting himself.

Well, gta doesn’t show up on your achievements. So another wasted purchase. Even if you did have achievements, it’s a 10 year old game. Already a wasted purchase. :kaz:

6 hours ago, ghostz said:

Well, gta doesn’t show up on your achievements. So another wasted purchase. Even if you did have achievements, it’s a 10 year old game. Already a wasted purchase. :kaz:

LOL so he's even admitting that he's wrong.

Another argument lost.