Verified Former Bethesda Employee Leaks Xbox Starfield Details - calls the engine a piece of crap (TLHBFR!)

:freeman: Lemshits better pray to God this game doesn’t end up being another Fallout 76 situation or like Cyberpunk.  I want this game to be good so I can play it on my PC but Bathesda has such a shitty track record as of recent. This shit is looking a potential buggy disaster from the way this former dev is describing it.

:qbad: Is anyone really surprised that a Bathesda engine is a piece of shit at this point?

40774EA4-2797-4AF7-BA27-9847C96B1EBA.jpeg

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Bethesda has always been meh to me. Skyrims combat and awful ai still give me nightmares sometimes. 

Base Skyrim is complete dogshit. The PC modding community is what save the game. Bathesda have gotten used to releasing trash buggy games over the years and counting on their community to save them, and I think people are running out of patience with them. Everything from AI to gameplay of their games usually feels clunky and outdated like you said. If it wasn’t for mods I would have stopped playing their games ages ago. 

I just hope this game launches and is decent enough for the modders to fix any glitches. If it launches like Fallout 76 I will be pissed. Gamers are starting to run low on patience with Bathesda, they can’t keep releasing glitchy games in 2022 like they did in the past. Cyberpunk 2077 has taught us that gamers nowadays aren’t the same type of gamers we had 10 years ago. If the game launches very buggy it will turn into an internet meme like CP2077 and FO76.

Edited by FIREPOWER
13 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Base Skyrim is complete dogshit. The PC modding community is what save the game. Bathesda have gotten used to releasing trash buggy games over the years and counting on their community to save them, and I think people are running out of patience with them. Everything from AI to gameplay of their games usually feels clunky and outdated like you said. If it wasn’t for mods I would have stopped playing their games ages ago. 

I just hope this game launches and is decent enough for the modders to fix any glitches. If it launches like Fallout 76 I will be pissed. Gamers are starting to run low on patience with Bathesda, they can’t keep releasing glitchy games in 2022 like they did in the past. Cyberpunk 2077 has taught us that gamers nowadays aren’t the same type of gamers we had 10 years ago. If the game launches very buggy it will turn into an internet meme like CP2077 and FO76.

It will def be ownage if the game flops but literally we agree on this one. Bethesda games are very outdated to me, they can make cool worlds but imo it’s not very fun to explore them. I expect the same with starfield. It’s def hyped tho, I’ll be the first to say TLHBR if it flops. 

First, Skyrim is a great game. I'd say it's one of the real classics of the HD era.

It would be a damn shame if Bethesda stuck out another generation with their jalopy of an engine for Starfield. I was really hoping they were going to do a major overhaul, maybe even standardizing around ID tech. After Obsidian basically transplanted the Bethesda formula to Unreal Engine with Outer Worlds, it's not cool for Bethesda to stick with their broken, outdated shit.

Also, somebody at Playstation should do a Bethesda-style RPG on the Decima engine.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

I just hope this game launches and is decent enough for the modders to fix any glitches. If it launches like Fallout 76 I will be pissed. Gamers are starting to run low on patience with Bathesda, they can’t keep releasing glitchy games in 2022 like they did in the past. Cyberpunk 2077 has taught us that gamers nowadays aren’t the same ty

pe of gamers we had 10 years ago. If the game launches very buggy it will turn into an internet meme like CP2077 and FO76.

I've never played a Bethesda game but know a dude who does and Todd whatever was like his antichrist. He always said that mod community has saved Bethesda's shortcomings releasing buggy as shit for years. I think Fallout 76 finally broke him. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I've never played a Bethesda game but know a dude who does and Todd whatever was like his antichrist. He always said that mod community has saved Bethesda's shortcomings releasing buggy as shit for years. I think Fallout 76 finally broke him. 

Funny thing is that Bathesda doesn’t appreciate their PC modding community. They are always releasing patches that end up breaking mods. Their last Anniversary patch for Skyrim broke all my mods and a lot of people’s mods. Modders had to create a mod just to downgrade the patch to the previous build of the game and it was the most popular downloaded patch in the Skyrim Nexus. They are just so incompetent, it’s extremely embarrassing at this point.

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

First, Skyrim is a great game. I'd say it's one of the real classics of the HD era.

It would be a damn shame if Bethesda stuck out another generation with their jalopy of an engine for Starfield. I was really hoping they were going to do a major overhaul, maybe even standardizing around ID tech. After Obsidian basically transplanted the Bethesda formula to Unreal Engine with Outer Worlds, it's not cool for Bethesda to stick with their broken, outdated shit.

Also, somebody at Playstation should do a Bethesda-style RPG on the Decima engine.

Man, I’d give anything for a Bathesda-style RPG from one of Sony’s devs especially with the godly Decima engine. 

Wasn't there a 4chan rumor from like 2018/2019 in which they said that Bethesda didn't know how to do flying using that same janky engine?

Like they may not have an actual transition from getting off a planet and going into space, and then from space transitioning into landing onto a planet in real-time?

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Wasn't there a 4chan rumor from like 2018/2019 in which they said that Bethesda didn't know how to do flying using that same janky engine?

Like they may not have an actual transition from getting off a planet and going into space, and then from space transitioning into landing onto a planet in real-time?

Yea I heard that rumor, and I won’t be surprised if it’s true. Bathesda engines suck ass when it comes to things like flying. There are flying mods in Skyrim and they are buggy AF because the engine usually wants to fall apart when you use a flying mod. I won’t be surprised if those same issues plague Starfield as well.

7 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Lmao no

I dunno.. I think it's going to sell like crazy on PC for sure.  

Lemmings are chomping at the bit for more first party games.. so yea I think it should be able to.

22 minutes ago, Remij said:

I dunno.. I think it's going to sell like crazy on PC for sure.  

Lemmings are chomping at the bit for more first party games.. so yea I think it should be able to.

It's on Gamepass so a big chunk of sales will be cut out from that and will sell less than previous Bethesda games due to being on way less platforms

10 minutes ago, Voidler said:

It's on Gamepass so a big chunk of sales will be cut out from that and will sell less than previous Bethesda games due to being on way less platforms

Yea I guess that might take a decent chunk out of the Xbox sales anyway.  I still think on the PC side it will sell like crazy.  Gamepass doesn't seem to deter PC gamers from buying the games that they love.

But yea, good points.  I guess we'll see.