Warner Bros games up for sale. MS and Sony both interested

can you imagine rocksteady developing a highly-polished AAA-production video game with proper oversight from a publisher that knows how to develop good games and improve developers?

y'know, like Sony?

• aitch 1

wait a minute, is the story about WB selling their video game properties?

or just selling their video game studios?

because...........there's no way they'd actually sell their video game IP that are associated with their movie franchises.  They would LICENSE those IPs out, not sell them.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

wait a minute, is the story about WB selling their video game properties?

or just selling their video game studios?

because...........there's no way they'd actually sell their video game IP that are associated with their movie franchises.  They would LICENSE those IPs out, not sell them.

First sentence in the article literally answers your fucking question, idiot. :drake: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

First sentence in the article literally answers your fucking question, idiot. :drake: 

LOL he was scrambling to try and get this, because he needed SOMETHING:tom:

I do thank you for answering my question, and with the comedic performance layered on top of it.

I imagine you'd own the Arkham series, Injustice etc. But still need to license the characters to make use of it

WB should just sell the videogame rights indefinitely if they are serious about a sale. What they are selling is pretty worthless without the IP

7 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I imagine you'd own the Arkham series, Injustice etc. But still need to license the characters to make use of it

WB should just sell the videogame rights indefinitely if they are serious about a sale. What they are selling is pretty worthless without the IP

MS and Sony want studios regardless, I'd imagine. 

The value of those studios would be relatively nothing without the IP to go along with them.. but presumably whoever buys the studios would probably be able to negotiate a better licensing deal, since it looks like that's the way they want to do it.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

MS and Sony want studios regardless, I'd imagine. 

The value of those studios would be relatively nothing without the IP to go along with them.. but presumably whoever buys the studios would probably be able to negotiate a better licensing deal, since it looks like that's the way they want to do it.

They aren't a multi billion dollar valuation without the IP IMO