Grabbed a 60% keyboard yesterday

I love it.  It'll take a bit of getting used to using the Fn key to use the navigation keys, but I'm already getting used to it.

I'll never go back to anything bigger than a TenKeyless anyway... but I vastly prefer this 60% size.  There's actually a 65% size which includes the arrow keys and a vertical row of the navigation keys which would actually be perfect.. so I might get one of those down the line.

I put some new white double-shot PrismCaps on it which I bought a long time ago.  It looks gorgeous in person.  The new Razer keys have such a satisfying "bottom-out" feel too.  It sounds incredible :wow2: 

Couple pics:

keyboard1.jpgkeyboard.jpg

Just now, -GD-X said:

I hope it was only 60% of the price of a standard keyboard. 

Pretty much.  I guess it depends on what you think is acceptable for a "standard keyboard".  I've bought keyboards over $250, and this one only cost $100.. so I'm alright with it lol.  Some people would be like WTF? though. :D 

• Haha 1
Just now, Remij said:

Pretty much.  I guess it depends on what you think is acceptable for a "standard keyboard".  I've bought keyboards over $250, and this one only cost $100.. so I'm alright with it lol.  Some people would be like WTF? though. :D 

Damnnn I used to buy $20 ones :deadest:

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Damnnn I used to buy $20 ones :deadest:

Yea, those super cheap membrane keyboards :D 

These keyboards are really high quality though.  They feel so good to type on. 

Makes raping idiots on SystemWars even more pleasurable than you can imagine :trump:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yea, those super cheap membrane keyboards :D 

These keyboards are really high quality though.  They feel so good to type on. 

Makes raping idiots on SystemWars even more pleasurable than you can imagine :trump:

Ya. I would have a solid cpu/gpu/ram…and this ghetto kb+m lol. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Without Function keys you really can't play that many PC games with a keyboard like that.

It has function keys.  You press Fn+1 or 2 or 3.. ect ect, + and - are F11 and F12.

It's actually really straight forward.

My gf has been using that and loves it. I’ve tried it a few times and it’s great for

gaming. Wouldn’t use it for work though lol as I rely on that number pad a lot. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Matches the % of games you can play with only a PC

Hide contents

:B-2: That's cool man. Have been curious to see how they feel. Not sure I could do it myself cause I surprisingly use the numpad quite a bit.

:-* 

Yea, it will take a little bit of getting used to for sure.  For me the num pad was easy to ditch, but it's the navigation keys which I always used a lot to get around super quickly.. but I already find it becoming more natural for me.

I want to stick with this to learn it regardless.. though admittedly the 65% with the navigation keys and arrow keys would probably be the perfect keyboard for me personally.

I just love how compact it is.. and despite needing to push the "Fn" key + whatever to do certain things.. every function is actually within resting positions of my fingers, so there's less reaching all over the place.  If I spent enough time with this size of keyboard I think I could actually become faster overall.. but it will take a while.

• Like 1