Eminem makes the Rock n Roll HOF in first year of eligibility

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Eminem makes the Rock n Roll HOF in first year of eligibility
33 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Gimme some context. Who was the last person to get first ballot hall of fame? How often does it happen? Who is the biggest name that's eligible and isn't in?

They do it every year. You just have to have 25 years since your debut album to qualify. 

Here’s some snubs tho

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2021/01/100-biggest-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-snubs-of-all-time.html?outputType=amp

48 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Gimme some context. Who was the last person to get first ballot hall of fame? How often does it happen? Who is the biggest name that's eligible and isn't in?

On their first year of eligibility? Almost exclusively the really big artists like Tupac and Jay Z, Nirvana and Pearl Jam, Madonna and U2.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

picking pearl jam over alice in chains....smh. 

well i guess they have sold more records. But still AIC should go before Soundgarden at least. 

4 hours ago, Cooke said:

well i guess they have sold more records. But still AIC should go before Soundgarden at least. 

Soundgarden were better than Pearl Jam too. The Temple of the Dog collab was only great because of Chris Cornell. 

That range and soul :wow2:

Back to Alice In Chains….even dosing off from heroin just before doing this set…Layne’s voice was god tier. 

best era of rock music :wow2: 

8 hours ago, Saucer said:

On their first year of eligibility? Almost exclusively the really big artists like Tupac and Jay Z, Nirvana and Pearl Jam, Madonna and U2.

Eminem is definitely on that level of fame and importance, but it doesn't feel particularly noteworthy if Tupac, Biggie, and Jay-Z were already first ballot hall of famers. I thought this would be a case of the first rapper inducted or something.

55 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Eminem is definitely on that level of fame and importance, but it doesn't feel particularly noteworthy if Tupac, Biggie, and Jay-Z were already first ballot hall of famers. I thought this would be a case of the first rapper inducted or something.

Nah, was just some Stan level groveling about eminem accolades. 

8 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Yeah Em didn't break the genre barrier at all. The RRHoF embraced rap from the start as an important RnR genre -- I remember all the bickering about whether rap should even be included. I think Run DNC got in on their first year of eligibility too and that's been a while now.

42 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Yeah Em didn't break the genre barrier at all. The RRHoF embraced rap from the start as an important RnR genre -- I remember all the bickering about whether rap should even be included. I think Run DNC got in on their first year of eligibility too and that's been a while now.

He made rap the most popular genre of music world wide though. People really underestimate his global impact. He’s the top selling rap artist in America, but world wide it’s actually absurd. He has 230 million sales roughly. The next is drake at 152. Outside of that we get to jay z with 125.. Tupac with 75. Etc. 

He’s also always incorporated rock sounds into his music