Rumor: Multiple sources saying Sony is buying Square Enix

It might explain why SE was selling off their western studios. Sony probably wasn’t interested in those IPs like Tomb Raider especially since they already own the superior Uncharted franchise. I guess we’ll have to wait and see but he’s a pretty credible source. If he’s hearing stuff there’s a good chance that Sony is buying them.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed   MS has killed gaming 

This would be pretty big for Sony, having most of SE's games exclusive like back in the PS/PS2 days.

They're still good, the FF7 remake is proof of that 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This would be pretty big for Sony, having most of SE's games exclusive like back in the PS/PS2 days.

Yup it would be massive for Sony and frankly it makes a lot of sense. Sony has come to depend a lot on SE over the years and the same with SE. I don’t think Sony wants any chance of them being bought off by a company like Tencent or MS (lol, never gonna happen with MS)

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

:mj: 

The difference is that back in the PS/PS2 days SquareEnix were good..

Oh, and no shit...

Edited by Remij
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They're still good, the FF7 remake is proof of that :lawd:

FF7 Remake is TRASH.  Jesus fucking christ :tom: 

FF16 might actually be awesome, because it seems like Yoshi-P seems to be the only one there who knows how to manage a product and ship high quality successful stuff..  So FF16 could be great... but at this point that's just me giving him and only him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe under Sony they could bounce back somewhat... but I think the majority of them just don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore.

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

:mj: 

The difference is that back in the PS/PS2 days SquareEnix were good..

Oh, and no shit...

And whats a good rpg, vanilla shit like Skyrim? Or a generic shooter pretending to be an rpg lile Fallour? :hest:

• Haha 1

It'd actually be a pretty good acquisition to boost their PS+ extended catalogue.

At this point, I don't see why Konami wouldn't be a cheaper acquisition than Square Enix.

If Sony gets Square-Enix and Konami, you pretty much have an extensive PS1/PS2 library to offer digitally.

I wonder if their new games would turn exclusive, or if they still release multiplatform. Square makes alot of money on the Nintendo Switch.

Also, Sony doesn't really need to step on Nintendo's toes, and vice versa. This is another scenario where I could imagine Sony asking Nintendo "hey you wanna come in and buy 33%-50% of this?" and Square-Enix just continues making the games they were planning for the PS5 and Switch 1 and 2.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It'd actually be a pretty good acquisition to boost their PS+ extended catalogue.

At this point, I don't see why Konami wouldn't be a cheaper acquisition than Square Enix.

If Sony gets Square-Enix and Konami, you pretty much have an extensive PS1/PS2 library to offer digitally.

I wonder if their new games would turn exclusive, or if they still release multiplatform. Square makes alot of money on the Nintendo Switch.

Also, Sony doesn't really need to step on Nintendo's toes, and vice versa. This is another scenario where I could imagine Sony asking Nintendo "hey you wanna come in and buy 33%-50% of this?" and Square-Enix just continues making the games they were planning for the PS5 and Switch 1 and 2.

Konami is more expensive snd don't have much in the way of developers

They just have a couple big IP none of which is massively popular

Edited by Voidler
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

And whats a good rpg, vanilla shit like Skyrim? Or a generic shooter pretending to be an rpg lile Fallour? :hest:

PS1 SquareEnix RPGs.

Not PS4/5 SquareEnix RPGs. 

:lemming: 

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Both those games are infinitely better than 99% of games made by Square these days. 

I mean, are you excited for Kingdom Hearts 4... you forgot it even existed, didn't you? Don't worry, so did everyone else.  :hest: Or Forspoken, another forgotten, irrelevant piece of trash. :D 

Most of the best games coming out of Square are remakes, remasters and ports of their classics and even they manage to fuck that up sometimes. A good example being the latest Chrono Cross remaster. Embarrassing trash.

The only good games are the occasional weird niche titles that come out of nowhere like Octopath Traveler, Triangle Strategy, NieR Automata. Once every few years basically.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Cows are making hopes and dreams threads like lemmings now? :sabu:

Nah, just reporting news. I have no stake in this, regardless of how shit turns out PS will always get FF games. This is just some shit that has been gaining traction in gaming news :mjgrin:

I don’t see Sony making the FF or any SE games exclusive to PS platform if they buy them. I still see SE games launching on PC and Switch. The only platform that would probably miss on SE games would be Xbox but lemshits don’t buy any games so who cares :cruise:

Edited by FIREPOWER
7 hours ago, Ramza said:

Both those games are infinitely better than 99% of games made by Square these days. 

I mean, are you excited for Kingdom Hearts 4... you forgot it even existed, didn't you? Don't worry, so did everyone else.  :hest: Or Forspoken, another forgotten, irrelevant piece of trash. :D 

Most of the best games coming out of Square are remakes, remasters and ports of their classics and even they manage to fuck that up sometimes. A good example being the latest Chrono Cross remaster. Embarrassing trash.

The only good games are the occasional weird niche titles that come out of nowhere like Octopath Traveler, Triangle Strategy, NieR Automata. Once every few years basically.

Skyrim was barely a game. There was no fun nor excitement to be had. The retarded way Bethesda handles level scaling just leaves all their games feeling bland, the enemies are bland, the combat is bland, the way they handle the difficulty is retarded. Oblivion :killzone: was the same. For Fallout 4 they essentially gave up and just Xbox'd the series into a shooter. Lets not even get started on Fallout '76 :puke:

You say only niche SE games may be good and that may be true but Bethesda doesnt even have good niche rpgs.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ramza said:

DQXI was great. FFXIV has become the leading MMO. I think they just lack that recent game which has hit true top tier. FFXVI looks promising though

On the whole they have a pretty consistent output of solid games

They've dropped some duds too but maybe getting bought out will reduce their output of filler titles, get them on a path to higher quality of execution 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Skyrim was barely a game. There was no fun nor excitement to be had. The retarded way Bethesda handles level scaling just leaves all their games feeling bland, the enemies are bland, the combat is bland, the way they handle the difficulty is retarded. Oblivion :killzone: was the same. For Fallout 4 they essentially gave up and just Xbox'd the series into a shooter. Lets not even get started on Fallout '76 :puke:

You say only niche SE games may be good and that may be true but Bethesda doesnt even have good niche rpgs.

Nah, you just have shit taste. 

3 hours ago, Voidler said:

DQXI was great. FFXIV has become the leading MMO. I think they just lack that recent game which has hit true top tier. FFXVI looks promising though

On the whole they have a pretty consistent output of solid games

They've dropped some duds too but maybe getting bought out will reduce their output of filler titles, get them on a path to higher quality of execution 

FFXIV? Who gives a fuck? :rofl: 

I platinum'd DQXI, easily their best game of last gen but that's one game from a series that gets a new entry once per gen.

FFXV was trash. FF7 Remake was trash. FFXVI looks like trash. And everyone forgot FF Stranger of Paradise even exist in the first place. 

JRPGs :poop: