Anyone in the market for a new video card - Amazon is selling 3070Tis for $700

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Anyone in the market for a new video card - Amazon is selling 3070Tis for $700

If you're gonna spend $700 on a card at this point you might as well spend $850 and get a 3080. EVGA has the 10GB FTW3 for $843 with a free shitty keyboard, Newegg had the 12GB MSI Ventus for $830 yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

If you're gonna spend $700 on a card at this point you might as well spend $850 and get a 3080. EVGA has the 10GB FTW3 for $843 with a free shitty keyboard, Newegg had the 12GB MSI Ventus for $830 yesterday.

They're close enough in performance that spending the extra $130+ might not be worth it.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

They're close enough in performance that spending the extra $130+ might not be worth it.

Eh, I'd definitely grab a card that's a linear price:performance upgrade and 50% more VRAM for an extra $130. If that doesn't seem worth it I dont how you buy a 3070 Ti for $700 when we've seen 3060 Tis for $400. 3070 Tis at $700 just aren't interesting in the current market and I ducking love being able to say that considering 1660 Tis were going for that a couple months ago lol

ive been keeping an eye on prices up here.

i think at this point ill hold off till the 4 series. my 3060 is fine for what im playing and it seems like there might be a decent amount of new tech wthin the 4 series. Ideally I can grab a 4070 and have it last me quite some time.

if i was gonna pull the trigger though it'd be on the 12gb 3080. The main thing about the 3070tis that puts me off is the 8gb vram. it's the one element of the card that makes it not that future proof.

14 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Eh, I'd definitely grab a card that's a linear price:performance upgrade and 50% more VRAM for an extra $130. If that doesn't seem worth it I dont how you buy a 3070 Ti for $700 when we've seen 3060 Tis for $400. 3070 Tis at $700 just aren't interesting in the current market and I ducking love being able to say that considering 1660 Tis were going for that a couple months ago lol

I guess. Ideally both cards would be better deals at their original MSRPs ($600 for the 3070Ti and $700 for the 3080) so hopefully its just a matter of time before they drop to that range.

Might as well pay the extra $170 for the 3080 that some stores were selling for $869 (i think it was eVGA's website)

Also wasn't there something that I read that the hashrate limiter on the newest nVidia card has been fully disabled just recently? So I don't know if that will cause a spike in demand soon.

Edited by jehurey