The Story of Super Mario World - Gaming Historian (Youtube documentary)

Gaming Historian has released another incredible documentary, this time covering Super Mario World!

If you haven't watched any of his "The Story of" videos ever before... you're in for a treat if you find the history and development of classic games interesting.  I really love the SMB3 and Tetris ones.

Just an awesome documentary about an incredible game.  It's fairly long, but peep it if you have time.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Tetris may be the best game ever. 

It's certainly one of the best designed games ever made, that's for sure.  Russia's greatest contribution to gaming.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

It's certainly one of the best designed games ever made, that's for sure.  Russia's greatest contribution to gaming.

I actually went to a state competition once. I placed third. I was obsessed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

I actually went to a state competition once. I placed third. I was obsessed. 

That's awesome man.  

I've always loved Tetris.  I actually watch the Classic Tetris World Championships when they're on.  They're actually fascinating to watch, and very entertaining.  RIP Jonas Neubauer :( ..but yea it's such a perfectly designed game.  Simple, fun, addicting.  It's hard to say anything bad about Tetris.

• Like 1
Just now, Ramza said:

I still remember the day me and my brother got a SNES with this game like it happened just yesterday. 

16bits graphics:vince:

It was so glorious wasn't it :wow2: 

16-bits, mode 7, rotation and scaling :whew: 

So many fucking classics :aitch: 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Remij said:

It was so glorious wasn't it :wow2: 

16-bits, mode 7, rotation and scaling :whew: 

So many fucking classics :aitch: 

That mode 7 in FFII and ActRaiser made me go :vince:

• aitch 2

This would probably be my choice of game to have with me on a deserted island. Music, control, courses, everything in that game is perfect. Except Tubular. Fuck that bitch ass stage to hell for eternity. :mad:

21 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Mode 7 was amazing! The snes was such an awesome system!

It's so good.  It's the second best video game console of all time, in my opinion, right behind the PS1.

Ugh, I miss and love the 16/32-bit eras so much.  It was such an incredible time in video games.  That's why I love love LOVE these youtube documentaries.. and there are many many amazing ones out there, which cover these platforms and games. :love: 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ike said:

This would probably be my choice of game to have with me on a deserted island. Music, control, courses, everything in that game is perfect. Except Tubular. Fuck that bitch ass stage to hell for eternity. :mad:

I would say Fallout New Vegas is what I would bring on a deserted island being my favorite game of all time but the constant bugs and crashes that still hasn't been fixed to this day would drive me to kill myself. :sad: