Steam Deck is mindblowing

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fucking thing plays Cyberpunk at a stable 30.   Since Friday I've installed 40 games on it, all looking and running great. SteamOS is great at unlocking PC tweakability but in a unified,

So I reserved one.. I'm an idiot. Just the 64gb one. Got an extra 512gb sd card laying around. 

Jerrys list of rules for what people are and are not allowed to do with their steamdeck   - You can't play at medium settings 720p (even though sheep hyped Doom and Witcher on Switch)

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

really?

post where I said that?

you're pulling that absolutely out of your ass.

I can't believe you're actually going to deny this :biggrin: Do you deny telling us MoH Heroes 2 was the future of fps as well?

You know I can't post it because the systemwars archives don't go back to the DS/PSP wars era. At least now I know that you don't genuinely believe all the shit you type.

• Ben 1
14 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Keep telling yourself that Witcher 3 port was "the full console experience". :kaz:

Nintendo is stooping so low as streaming games like Control. :|

Cyberpunk is one of the only next gen engines available to test, gtfo. There's a reason Sony stopped selling it on PS4.

Hey doofus, I was talking content wise. 

Content wise it was full console experience, fidelity wise, obviously its not as sharp. 

Previous handhelds didn't offer that until Switch and The Deck is an evolution of that on the full console games front. 

And Cypher punk is an impressive cross gen game, but it's not next gen only. 

13 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Sheep retcon history like a liberal editing wikipedia.

To address your previous post, I wouldn't say Switch is really a hybrid. It's a suçcessful handheld but a gimped console, so Sheep are forced to approach from the handheld side to save face.

Secondly your excuse in this post is bullshit. I remember Sheep - and Jerry specifically - telling us that nobody wanted home console games on a handheld, they wanted different experiences, unique experiences, the kind of games you could only get on DS. That all changed right around....oooh right around the time Nintendo announced the Switch. Funny how that works.

Spin all you want the Switch is a hybrid console that offers a portable experience and a TV console experience in one device. That's the main reason for its huge success. 

Which "portable" offered full console experience before the Switch came along? The same exact games as other consoles content wise? 

Your last point is such BS.. Lol

So your argument is that one person may have said something (Jehurey) so that means all sheep said that? Generalize much? :umad:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Hey doofus, I was talking content wise. 

Content wise it was full console experience, fidelity wise, obviously its not as sharp. 

Previous handhelds didn't offer that until Switch and The Deck is an evolution of that on the full console games front. 

And Cypher punk is an impressive cross gen game, but it's not next gen only. 

The *content* in the Switch port is shittier than the real versions of the game.

The Deck is not an evolution of the Switch, it's an evolution of the PC.

Cyberpunk is an unplayable mess on prior-gen consoles. It began as a cross-gen game and became decisively-next gen in development.  And *like I said* its the best test we actually have access to without compiling UE5.

13 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I can't believe you're actually going to deny this :biggrin: Do you deny telling us MoH Heroes 2 was the future of fps as well?

You know I can't post it because the systemwars archives don't go back to the DS/PSP wars era. At least now I know that you don't genuinely believe all the shit you type.

I love how you're providing absolutely no evidence......and are trying to make more claims using bits and pieces of other arguments.

MOH Heores 2?:drake:

Sorry...........you're stupid warped memory isn't remotely credible. You don't remember anything accurately from a conversation that occurred a month ago.

28 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how you're providing absolutely no evidence......and are trying to make more claims using bits and pieces of other arguments.

MOH Heores 2?:drake:

Sorry...........you're stupid warped memory isn't remotely credible. You don't remember anything accurately from a conversation that occurred a month ago.

I love how you're demanding evidence when you know full well the forum isn't archived that far back, meaning it's literally impossible.

The fact that you're now denying all knowledge of MoH heroes 2 proves beyond any doubt that you don't believe the shit you type, you say things just to shill. I always thought that you were a staunch autist but that you believed what you typed, but if that were the case you would remember it as people always remember the viewpoints they held, but you don't remember because wbe  you were hyping MoH Heroes and Manhunt 2 over what the 360/PS3 had you were just running damage control.

7 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I love how you're demanding evidence when you know full well the forum isn't archived that far back, meaning it's literally impossible.

The fact that you're now denying all knowledge of MoH heroes 2 proves beyond any doubt that you don't believe the shit you type, you say things just to shill.

No, it just shows that you pull shit out of your ass to create a false narrative.

Its amazing how suddenly lazy you get when it comes time to prove your claim.

And its also amazing how your narrative is based on things so old, its no longer on the forum anymore........we of course know that you are using way outdated info, because you brought up a game from the Wii/PSP era.

11 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Imagine being so ashamed of all the bullshit you've typed out over the years that you need to deny ever posting it :lawl:

Imagine you lying about what someone else claimed......and having a history of lying.......and then when asked to prove your claim, you whine about having to prove it, and are basically saying that you deserve to be trusted, just because.

14 hours ago, jehurey said:

Imagine you lying about what someone else claimed......and having a history of lying.......and then when asked to prove your claim, you whine about having to prove it, and are basically saying that you deserve to be trusted, just because.

Too ashamed of the Wii generation to acknowledge it :roff: TSHBK

On 2022-05-18 at 10:18 AM, sugarhigh said:

The *content* in the Switch port is shittier than the real versions of the game.

The Deck is not an evolution of the Switch, it's an evolution of the PC.

Cyberpunk is an unplayable mess on prior-gen consoles. It began as a cross-gen game and became decisively-next gen in development.  And *like I said* its the best test we actually have access to without compiling UE5.

Again you dodge the question, which "portable" before the Switch offered the same content as the console?  The point is the previous attempts at this weren't even the same content wise... And that's the half ass effort that was made fun of all these years on previous "portables" 

The deck wouldn't exist if the Switch wasn't a product, don't kid yourself.   That doesn't take away anything from the Deck, no need to be insecure.   The deck is the Switch of PCs and the Switch is the Switch of consoles. 

Doesn't matter if you think cyberpunk is the best test out at the moment... That doesn't mean it's a next gen game doofus. 

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Again you dodge the question, which "portable" before the Switch offered the same content as the console?  The point is the previous attempts at this weren't even the same content wise... And that's the half ass effort that was made fun of all these years on previous "portables" 

The deck wouldn't exist if the Switch wasn't a product, don't kid yourself.   That doesn't take away anything from the Deck, no need to be insecure.   The deck is the Switch of PCs and the Switch is the Switch of consoles. 

Doesn't matter if you think cyberpunk is the best test out at the moment... That doesn't mean it's a next gen game doofus. 

Get out of here with this shit man lmfao... Consoles and portables were separate in the past for valid reasons... Technology simply wasn't where it needed to be to ensure the types of experiences that you could push on console.  PSP was INCREDIBLY well supported and had a lot of console quality titles on it despite that fact.  Vita was less supported for various reasons.. and Sony hasn't bothered since then.  Also the "indiefication" of gaming and the prevalence and success of it, allowed Nintendo to build out a library which easily blurred the lines.

The Switch only exists because Nintendo no longer wanted to compete directly in the console only space.  They consolidated the market they were good at and always successful in (portable) into the market where they couldn't, and no longer desired to compete directly in (console)... which is why you have portable devices... or gimmicks... or some combination of the both.

Handheld and portable PCs are hardly a new concept... again, it's the technology (SoCs) which have now allowed it to take the formfactor is has.  Did Switch prove a large market exists for that type of device.. sure.  The advantage now is that Valve and these types of devices in the PC space, can iterate with these devices much faster than console portables can.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

Get out of here with this shit man lmfao... Consoles and portables were separate in the past for valid reasons... Technology simply wasn't where it needed to be to ensure the types of experiences that you could push on console.  PSP was INCREDIBLY well supported and had a lot of console quality titles on it despite that fact.  Vita was less supported for various reasons.. and Sony hasn't bothered since then.  Also the "indiefication" of gaming and the prevalence and success of it, allowed Nintendo to build out a library which easily blurred the lines.

The Switch only exists because Nintendo no longer wanted to compete directly in the console only space.  They consolidated the market they were good at and always successful in (portable) into the market where they couldn't, and no longer desired to compete directly in (console)... which is why you have portable devices... or gimmicks... or some combination of the both.

Handheld and portable PCs are hardly a new concept... again, it's the technology (SoCs) which have now allowed it to take the formfactor is has.  Did Switch prove a large market exists for that type of device.. sure.  The advantage now is that Valve and these types of devices in the PC space, can iterate with these devices much faster than console portables can.

You explained WHY the Switch was the first portable to achieve this ... Which means the Switch was the first portable to achieve this...So you said all of that only to agree with me....OK:cmpunk2: