Steam Deck is mindblowing

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You explained WHY the Switch was the first portable to achieve this ... Which means the Switch was the first portable to achieve this...So you said all of that only to agree with me....OK:cmpunk2:

I wasn't trying to disagree with the statement... the point is to clarify why it is.  You called other portables "half assed attempts" ... but no other portable attempted to.. because that company was successful in it's core business unlike Nintendo.... So congrats... Switch succeeded at something no other portable attempted to do and only "achieved" it... because they folded on the aspect that Nintendo sucked at... which was competing directly in the console space alone. :drake: 

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fucking thing plays Cyberpunk at a stable 30.   Since Friday I've installed 40 games on it, all looking and running great. SteamOS is great at unlocking PC tweakability but in a unified,

So I reserved one.. I'm an idiot. Just the 64gb one. Got an extra 512gb sd card laying around. 

Jerrys list of rules for what people are and are not allowed to do with their steamdeck   - You can't play at medium settings 720p (even though sheep hyped Doom and Witcher on Switch)

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

I wasn't trying to disagree with the statement... the point is to clarify why it is.  You called other portables "half assed attempts" ... but no other portable attempted to.. because that company was successful in it's core business unlike Nintendo.... So congrats... Switch succeeded at something no other portable attempted to do and only "achieved" it... because they folded on the aspect that Nintendo sucked at... which was competing directly in the console space alone. :drake: 

Thanks again for further proving my point that the previous portables were different from the Switch and didn't offer console experiences on the Go or a hybrid experience :cmpunk2:

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Thanks again for further proving my point that the previous portables were different from the Switch and didn't offer console experiences on the Go or a hybrid experience :cmpunk2:

They weren't trying to... because the other companies were successful in their core console business.... Nintendo wasn't :drake: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

They weren't trying to... because the other companies were successful in their core console business.... Nintendo wasn't :drake: 

No one was making that point doofus, you can argue with yourself about that :umad:

My point was already proven, thanks for agreeing :juggle:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No one was making that point doofus, you can argue with yourself about that :umad:

My point was already proven, thanks for agreeing :juggle:

I'm making the point dumbass. :drake:  

It directly correlates to why the Switch exists in the first place, and why it's successful... which is what you keep lording over everyone else.... especially people comparing it and the Deck.

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Exactly, so argue with yourself about it like I said... :cmpunk2:

I already explained how it correlates to what you're saying.. and your point.

So I guess the only thing left to do IS argue with myself.. since you seem to agree with me :danylol: 

12 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You explained WHY the Switch was the first portable to achieve this ... Which means the Switch was the first portable to achieve this...So you said all of that only to agree with me....OK:cmpunk2:

Switch *didn't* achieve this.

Switch requires bespoke ports. If Switch failed in the market like the WiiU, or just gets replaced by Switch 2 it's a dead system. Steam Deck can never die, because PC development will never die.  The worst that can happen to Deck is Valve stops improving it. But even if that happens, it'll still be a useful gaming system.

7 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Switch requires bespoke ports. If Switch failed in the market like the WiiU, or just gets replaced by Switch 2 it's a dead system. Steam Deck can never die, because PC development will never die.  The worst that can happen to Deck is Valve stops improving it. But even if that happens, it'll still be a useful gaming system.

You have Remij who agreed Switch achieved this and he explained why and we you who is straight up lying 🤥  or in serious denial :sabu: 

bbbbbut If it failed... Bbbbut If :umad:

18 hours ago, Remij said:

I already explained how it correlates to what you're saying.. and your point.

So I guess the only thing left to do IS argue with myself.. since you seem to agree with me :danylol: 

I never made that other point that you did, that same one you tried to argu against by yourself... You're now again trying to attribute it to me...lmfao. 

You agreed with my point a long time ago, thanks for playing :juggle:

8 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Switch requires bespoke ports.

you literally trying to find alternate words for "the switch was a huge success, and so important to the video game marketplace, that 3rd parties made ports of their games for it."

..........while attempting to say the Switch didn't "achieve" anything.:drake:

On 2022-05-23 at 10:42 AM, sugarhigh said:

Currently playing No On Lives Forever (2000)

spacer.png

On 2022-05-17 at 12:00 AM, jehurey said:

These are the phases of using a Steam Deck

Phase 1: Oh my god this is amazing

Phase 2:  It can actually be better, let me fiddle around with it

Phase 3 (beginning around the middle of the video): Ummm...I fucked things up, its actually freezing and artifacting on me

Phase 4: I mostly fixed most of it, and it looks like a blurry mess at 60fps

Phase 5: Well, its amazed that I at least GOT IT to run at 60, that counts for something right?

Phase 6: Doesn't really want to play the game that way and quits.

Gaurantee 4 weeks from now, OP will admit he just uses it for 2D indie games.

yup, we're definitely on schedule with this:tom:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You have Remij who agreed Switch achieved this and he explained why and we you who is straight up lying 🤥  or in serious denial :sabu: 

bbbbbut If it failed... Bbbbut If :umad:

Not my fault remij lowered their standards.

3 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

What do you mean? Switch can't play it at all.

that's not what you were trying to say.

thanks for trying to move the goalposts and hoping i wouldn't notice. :umad:

Edited by jehurey
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

that's not what you were trying to say.

thanks for trying to move the goalposts and hoping i wouldn't notice. :umad:

You've been trying to invent meaningless goalposts since Deck was released. That it's some kind of own to play indies and older games on a handheld.