Steam Deck is mindblowing

56 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

You've been trying to invent meaningless goalposts since Deck was released. That it's some kind of own to play indies and older games on a handheld.

Jerrys list of rules for what people are and are not allowed to do with their steamdeck :killzone:

- You can't play at medium settings 720p (even though sheep hyped Doom and Witcher on Switch)

- You can't play indie games (even though they brag about switch being huge for indie games)

- You can't play older games (even though sheep have always loved virtual console and retro games on switch online)

- You can't play on the Sabbath

- You can't play if the first of the month falls on a Tuesday

I've never seen something so ridiculous and desperate outside of a JonB post :hest:

• dead 2
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fucking thing plays Cyberpunk at a stable 30.   Since Friday I've installed 40 games on it, all looking and running great. SteamOS is great at unlocking PC tweakability but in a unified,

So I reserved one.. I'm an idiot. Just the 64gb one. Got an extra 512gb sd card laying around. 

Jerrys list of rules for what people are and are not allowed to do with their steamdeck   - You can't play at medium settings 720p (even though sheep hyped Doom and Witcher on Switch)

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Jerrys list of rules for what people are and are not allowed to do with their steamdeck :killzone:

- You can't play at medium settings 720p (even though sheep hyped Doom and Witcher on Switch)

- You can't play indie games (even though they brag about switch being huge for indie games)

- You can't play older games (even though sheep have always loved virtual console and retro games on switch online)

I've never seen something so ridiculous and desperate outside of a JonB post :hest:

I think the underlying idea is that Deck is a niche device for nerds who want to tinker. Which first of all is a trait of successful, interesting people. But more importantly Jerry is bullshit because Deck is a much better gaming device than the Switch. It's way more comfortable to hold, it's got real analog sticks, analog triggers and a real d-pad.

Nintendo took a kitchen-sink approach to gaming scenarios and all of them are compromised. The joycon is the shittiest controller of all time. Even Google Stadia is better.

LOL look at how mad they get because I accurately describe what they are doing.

6 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

You've been trying to invent meaningless goalposts since Deck was released. That it's some kind of own to play indies and older games on a handheld.

No, I didn't invent what you said.

You said it was a game that "would make the Switch melt"

You're talking about the Switch being unable to run a game like NOLF.

Once I pointed that out, you switched over to "uhhhhhhh...........Switch doesn't have a port of this game"

You did run away from YOUR OWN post. I made fun of it.

Its not rocket science.

5 hours ago, TLHBO said:

LOL the butthurt with this guy.

We already know he's never buying a steamdeck, but he spends his time clinging behind others who do. He lives through them. LOL

4 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

I think the underlying idea is that Deck is a niche device for nerds who want to tinker. Which first of all is a trait of successful, interesting people. But more importantly Jerry is bullshit because Deck is a much better gaming device than the Switch.

If its a "niche device" for "tinkering"..........then its not a better gaming device than the Switch.

LOL he's now saying that him not playing video games on his steam deck, and just messing around with it a little before getting tired and giving up............is a TRAIT of successful people.:tom:

Damn, these guys are trying to invest their identity into this thing.

• NPC 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

LOL look at how mad they get because I accurately describe what they are doing.

No, I didn't invent what you said.

You said it was a game that "would make the Switch melt"

You're talking about the Switch being unable to run a game like NOLF.

Once I pointed that out, you switched over to "uhhhhhhh...........Switch doesn't have a port of this game"

You did run away from YOUR OWN post. I made fun of it.

Its not rocket science.

LOL the butthurt with this guy.

We already know he's never buying a steamdeck, but he spends his time clinging behind others who do. He lives through them. LOL

If its a "niche device" for "tinkering"..........then its not a better gaming device than the Switch.

LOL he's now saying that him not playing video games on his steam deck, and just messing around with it a little before getting tired and giving up............is a TRAIT of successful people.:tom:

Damn, these guys are trying to invest their identity into this thing.

No, we're just winning on all fronts. It even plays Nintendo games better than the switch. Again this is your mutant fetus controller:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

No, we're just winning on all fronts. It even plays Nintendo games better than the switch. Again this is your mutant fetus controller:

spacer.png

LOL he's trying to run to another topic, and still hoping that I won't notice.

He must be Scottish, because he just keeps on moving from hill to hill.

Edited by jehurey
On 2022-05-25 at 5:00 PM, sugarhigh said:

spacer.png

The Deck's screen is worse than that OG Switch, far less the OLED model. 

That's the one area Valve surprisingly cheapened out on. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The Deck's screen is worse than that OG Switch, far less the OLED model. 

That's the one area Valve surprisingly cheapened out on. 

It's essentially the same as the OG Switch, and it gives them an upgrade path between major Deck iterations.  It sucks, but it's understandable.

OLED would have been nice, but they're understandably trying to keep the price closer to that mass market adoption level.  Lets not forget competing hardware in this space is selling for over 2x that amount.. around $1400. 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's essentially the same as the OG Switch, and it gives them an upgrade path between major Deck iterations.  It sucks, but it's understandable.

OLED would have been nice, but they're understandably trying to keep the price closer to that mass market adoption level.  Lets not forget competing hardware in this space is selling for over 2x that amount.. around $1400. 

The OG Switch has a better screen.  The Deck's screen is worse, didn't say it was dog shit... But it's definitely worse than the OG Switch. 

The current Deck isn't a mass market device don't kid yourself. 

Wasn't expecting an OLED for the launch model, but they could have sourced a better LCD than the 5 year old Switch. 

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The OG Switch has a better screen.  The Deck's screen is worse, didn't say it was dog shit... But it's definitely worse than the OG Switch. 

The current Deck isn't a mass market device don't kid yourself. 

Wasn't expecting an OLED for the launch model, but they could have sourced a better LCD than the 5 year old Switch. 

No it doesn't.  Any of your color accuracy shit gets thrown out the window... it just doesn't translate into a meaningful real world difference.  You can look at Switch and Deck comparisons and see it...

su0mzhgr6eh71.jpg?auto=webp&s=c6e11d4039

Of course the OLED Switch is better, but again, I understand that they're trying to save money wherever possible.  OLED Switch also probably came at a point where Valve already had decided on everything and committed, so they weren't really able to react to it.

And the Deck IS mass market priced... at the lowest end...  Valve is very purposefully rolling this thing out at a deliberate pace.  I'll cede that the device itself (IMO) isn't exactly mass market ready at this point.  There's still too many issues and untested games to truly call it that.  Which is why they're essentially enlisting the community to help them make it better.

By the time the Deck software is really ready for mass market release, there will be a new, cheaper iteration on the market with better specs.

Edited by Remij
19 minutes ago, Remij said:

No it doesn't.  Any of your color accuracy shit gets thrown out the window... it just doesn't translate into a meaningful real world difference.  You can look at Switch and Deck comparisons and see it...

su0mzhgr6eh71.jpg?auto=webp&s=c6e11d4039

Of course the OLED Switch is better, but again, I understand that they're trying to save money wherever possible.  OLED Switch also probably came at a point where Valve already had decided on everything and committed, so they weren't really able to react to it.

And the Deck IS mass market priced... at the lowest end...  Valve is very purposefully rolling this thing out at a deliberate pace.  I'll cede that the device itself (IMO) isn't exactly mass market ready at this point.  There's still too many issues and untested games to truly call it that.  Which is why they're essentially enlisting the community to help them make it better.

By the time the Deck software is really ready for mass market release, there will be a new, cheaper iteration on the market with better specs.

The color accuracy issue of the deck obviously wouldn't present itself in every single game but you're in denial if you think there isn't/wouldn't a real world difference between the 100% color accuracy of the Switch vs 68% of the Deck for a game that is well calibrated. 

Again not saying the screen is strait dog shit, but it could have been better seeing as it's a 2021/2022 device. 

Even when the deck software is ready, because there will be zero games made specifically for the deck, this will severely limit its mass market marketability. 

It will remain a great device for PC enthusiasts. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Cooke said:

So I can plug this into a portable monitor and use it like a pc right? 

Yep, and it's super nice if you have a monitor with USB-C input and a built-in USB hub. One cable for charging, 4k display, kbm, and usb disk.  You can also use the Deck built-in display and trackpads in Desktop mode, which isn't great but can get the job done for minor tasks.

53 minutes ago, Remij said:

Personally I wouldn't want OLED due to burn-in. But it would be nice to have deeper blacks.  I really don't have a problem with the Deck screen, it looks better than my son's OG Switch (more in terms of visible pixels than color accuracy) but it's in the same class.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The color accuracy issue of the deck obviously wouldn't present itself in every single game but you're in denial if you think there isn't/wouldn't a real world difference between the 100% color accuracy of the Switch vs 68% of the Deck for a game that is well calibrated. 

Again not saying the screen is strait dog shit, but it could have been better seeing as it's a 2021/2022 device. 

Even when the deck software is ready, because there will be zero games made specifically for the deck, this will severely limit its mass market marketability. 

It will remain a great device for PC enthusiasts. 

Well, in a few hours I will be able to see for myself.

I disagree that zero games being made specifically for Deck will limit it's marketability... Steam is the ultimate marketing platform for games.  Valve still needs to do work, but when it gets there... being able to have essentially your entire Steam library with you anywhere.. is extremely attractive to anyone interested in the portable market.