PSN alone generates Sony $14 Billion a year.

PSN alone generates almost as much revenue as the entire Xbox gaming division and almost as much as the entirety of Nintendo. This is nuts.

Not too surprising though since they sell way more games and services than the other two companies. With the PS Plus revamp coming next month this number is only going to increase. Crazy when you think about it.

This is why I laugh at fools that think they’ll be copying Microsoft anytime soon. PS shits all over Xbox when it comes to generating money. Their current model of still selling games traditionally and releasing them later for their subscription service is the right and smart decision. It’s what Disney does and it’s what Netflix is going to be doing soon now that they’ve announced that some of their shows will have theatrical releases first before showing up on their sub service.

Edited by FIREPOWER

Cows in thread #1: Gamepass SUCKS! You don’t even own the games. 

Cows in thread #2: PSN rocks because us Sony fanboys buy all of our games digitally. We think this is great even though we don’t own the game. 

Cows in thread #3: LOL who needs expandable storage. It’s overrated as fuck!!!

:Jeff:

Edited by ghostz
17 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Cows in thread #1: Gamepass SUCKS! You don’t even own the games. 

Cows in thread #2: PSN rocks because us Sony fanboys buy all of our games digitally. We think this is great even though we don’t own the game. 

Cows in thread #3: LOL who needs expandable storage. It’s overrated as fuck!!!

:Jeff:

:freeman: What a fucking idiot. 

Why the fuck are you equating a digital game store where you buy the games and get to keep forever to a shitty sub service where if you stop paying you lose everything? How the fuck are both of them the same thing.

Also WTF does expandable storage have to do with a PS Store? Are you just throwing shit together so that you can start an argument. None of the things you’ve mentioned so far have anything whatsoever to do with PS Store :mj:

You are a fucking imbecile and it’s not surprise that you are considered a joke on this forum. I’m starting to get convinced that you can’t actually read. You’ve been making some bizarre responses to threads these days. Go get some help  :tocry:

Edited by FIREPOWER

Paying for online is still such bullshit. I thought about going back to Elden Ring, but then it hit me that I'd have to waste more money on renewing my PSN+ subscription and I immediately lost interest. I mostly buy multiplats on PC for that reason.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

:freeman: What a fucking idiot. 

Why the fuck are you equating a digital game store where you buy the games and get to keep forever to a shitty sub service where if you stop paying you lose everything? How the fuck are both of them the same thing.

Also WTF does expandable storage have to do with a PS Store? Are you just throwing shit together so that you can start an argument. None of the things you’ve mentioned so far have anything whatsoever to do with PS Store :mj:

You are a fucking imbecile and it’s not surprise that you are considered a joke on this forum. I’m starting to get convinced that you can’t actually read. You’ve been making some bizarre responses to threads these days. Go get some help  :tocry:

You don’t own digital games :kaz:

40 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You don’t own digital games :kaz:

:mjgrin: Actually you do on PS5 and Switch because unlike ShitBox both consoles don’t use DRM to lock them when your online goes out. As long as you keep them installed on the hard drive or SSD they stay with you forever.

You lemshits are the only ones that don’t own your games and that includes digital and physical :cruise:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Paying for online is still such bullshit. I thought about going back to Elden Ring, but then it hit me that I'd have to waste more money on renewing my PSN+ subscription and I immediately lost interest. I mostly buy multiplats on PC for that reason.

I agree but you can blame shitty MS and lemshits for that. That’s the type of “innovation” MS brings to the market, microtransactions with Bathesda on Skyrim horse armor and paying to play online with XBL. Absolutely shitty company who doesn’t care about anything but how to nickel and dime their customers and feed them shitty products.

If MS hadn’t come up with this way to scam their customers and lemshits hadn’t gone along with it Sony and Nintendo would have remained free to play online till today. It was only after they saw the mountains of cash that MS was bringing in through charging from online during the 360 era that those two decided to jump into the scam.

Someone has to pay for servers, upkeep, and store front/back ends.  Sony would have done it eventually even in MS didn't kick it off by doing it first.  They had to wait until it was popular enough and they had the right infrastructure in place.

I don't think it needs to be as expensive as it is... but it's understandable why they charge for it on consoles.

On PC it's all decentralized.

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mjgrin: Actually you do on PS5 and Switch because unlike ShitBox both consoles don’t use DRM to lock them when your online goes out. As long as you keep them installed on the hard drive or SSD they stay with you forever.

You lemshits are the only ones that don’t own your games and that includes digital and physical :cruise:

No… you don’t. :kaz:

21 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No… you don’t. :kaz:

“No….you don’t”

This is why everyone calls you a retard ghostz :mj:

You own almost every single digital game on PS5 with the exception of online only games. If the servers go down, you will still have access to them provided you aren't sharing accounts and you had them linked to you account prior to the servers going down. in other words, you own every PS digital game you buy from the store and you don't need to connect online to verify them after you purchase them. Xbox is the only console that requires check-ins and is the only console you don't own shit and that's why lemshits like you couldn't play anything when your servers went down last week :kaz:

70913A39-483A-495A-B76F-CC3BE533F1C4.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
26 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

“No….you don’t”

This is why everyone calls you a retard ghostz :mj:

You own almost every single digital game on PS5 with the exception of online only games. If the servers go down, you will still have access to them provided you aren't sharing accounts and you had them linked to you account prior to the servers going down. in other words, you own every PS digital game you buy from the store and you don't need to connect online to verify them after you purchase them. Xbox is the only console that requires check-ins and is the only console you don't own shit and that's why lemshits like you couldn't play anything when your servers went down last week :kaz:

70913A39-483A-495A-B76F-CC3BE533F1C4.jpeg

This has nothing to do with DRM. you own a license, fool. Not the game. 

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

This has nothing to do with DRM. you own a license, fool. Not the game. 

The license is permanently on your hard drive you idiot, you own the game as long as you don’t delete it from your hard drive you retard :cruise:

PS5 doesn’t require you to keep your console online to check the license. After you install the game to your console you can disconnect it from the internet and never have to check-in again you moron. That’s my point, you can’t do the same thing in your ShitBox  :hest:

5370C67D-C745-486B-9DB0-F1CEA6A1D9E8.jpeg

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Why would you have to renew it to play it? 

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Why would you have to renew it to play it? 

Soulsborne games feel really hollow to me when played offline, the online features are a big part of what makes them enjoyable for me.

Ill probably pay the $10 at some point, but right now im not really in the right mood.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Soulsborne games feel really hollow to me when played offline, the online features are a big part of what makes them enjoyable for me.

Ill probably pay the $10 at some point, but right now im not really in the right mood.

Eh, I barely used the online. 

15 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

The license is permanently on your hard drive you idiot, you own the game as long as you don’t delete it from your hard drive you retard :cruise:

PS5 doesn’t require you to keep your console online to check the license. After you install the game to your console you can disconnect it from the internet and never have to check-in again you moron. That’s my point, you can’t do the same thing in your ShitBox  :hest:

5370C67D-C745-486B-9DB0-F1CEA6A1D9E8.jpeg

No, you don’t own anything. You own a license to play the game. They can remove that license one minute after you purchase, if they want. :kaz:

Disc or not, you definitely just own a license to play the game... and a couple pieces of plastic.  LOL at anyone who thinks otherwise...

Which is exactly why I don't give a shit about Physical anymore.  You used to get amazing packaging, and actually owned the game which they couldn't take from you.

Now an out of date firmware can result in games not working, content not being downloadable.

Basically Sony is doing a better job than MS at convincing you that you have ownership of your games... but you really don't.  The ability to play them can be taken at any time by banning and bricking your console.

On PC.. if they tried to take my libraries away from me without a valid reason, which I purchased.. would just prompt me to download cracked versions and continue to play as normal.  I have a list of essentially every game I've bought on PC.  I would not feel any remorse for doing so, in that case.  They can't ever take those away from the internet. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Disc or not, you definitely just own a license to play the game... and a couple pieces of plastic.  LOL at anyone who thinks otherwise...

Which is exactly why I don't give a shit about Physical anymore.  You used to get amazing packaging, and actually owned the game which they couldn't take from you.

Now an out of date firmware can result in games not working, content not being downloadable.

Basically Sony is doing a better job than MS at convincing you that you have ownership of your games... but you really don't.  The ability to play them can be taken at any time by banning and bricking your console.

On PC.. if they tried to take my libraries away from me without a valid reason, which I purchased.. would just prompt me to download cracked versions and continue to play as normal.  I have a list of essentially every game I've bought on PC.  I would not feel any remorse for doing so, in that case.  They can't ever take those away from the internet. 🙂 

If you disconnect your console from the internet you don’t have to worry about being banned. Sony’s games work without you having to connect to renew licenses or any of that bullshit MS requires. Even if they ban you your games will still work as long as you have them installed and don’t connect to PSN.

Sony is doing a much better job at this than MS is. Their system is no different than Steam. There is no firmware update you have to worry about either and the CMOS battery issue has been fixed. I own a PS3 that I haven’t connected to the internet to in years, no updates or firmware issues and all my digital games on it still work without a problem.

28 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No, you don’t own anything. You own a license to play the game. They can remove that license one minute after you purchase, if they want. :kaz:

:mjgrin: How can they remove the license if you never connect to the internet you retard?

:mj:  Don’t tell me through the power of magic.