PSN alone generates Sony $14 Billion a year.

17 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

If you disconnect your console from the internet you don’t have to worry about being banned. Sony’s games work without you having to connect to renew licenses or any of that bullshit MS requires. Even if they ban you your games will still work as long as you have them installed and don’t connect to PSN.

Sony is doing a much better job at this than MS is. Their system is no different than Steam. There is no firmware update you have to worry about either and the CMOS battery issue has been fixed. I own a PS3 that I haven’t connected to the internet to in years, no updates or firmware issues and all my digital games on it still work without a problem.

You're right, but then you essentially lose MP access to every game, as well as other content.

Thing is though, that Sony can push that update which reneges that ability whenever they want.  They reserve the right to do that, assuredly.

But I mean there's no real reason for Sony to do that.  MS is worse off at the moment, but maybe this recent debacle will prompt them to change it?  It's pretty hypocritical of Phil Spencer to be talking about "we need to do more for game preservation" while having these types of DRMs in place on Xbox.. so we'll see.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

You may have internet but from what we’ve seen in the last week MIcrosoft servers are ass and they go down faster than a $20 hooker :hest:

Didn’t experience any issues. :blessed:

do we need to bring up gt7? :kaz:

Edited by ghostz
43 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Didn’t experience any issues. :blessed:

do we need to bring up gt7? :kaz:

GT7 is one game and was down for 24 hrs. Your entire game library was down for more than 4 days you clown, stop trying to equate the two situations. Xbox’s entire library is under DRM you moron, that’s way worse than one game on Playstation having DRM :cruise:.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/xboxs-online-drm-under-fire-as-some-users-left-unable-to-play-games-for-4th-day/

:dbry: This is why everyone calls you retard. How are these two very different scenarios equivalent in your eyes? 

46 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

GT7 is one game and was down for 24 hrs. Your entire game library was down for more than 4 days you clown, stop trying to equate the two situations. Xbox’s entire library is under DRM you moron, that’s way worse than one game on Playstation having DRM :cruise:.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/xboxs-online-drm-under-fire-as-some-users-left-unable-to-play-games-for-4th-day/

:dbry: This is why everyone calls you retard. How are these two very different scenarios equivalent in your eyes? 

“Some users”

not

me :bena:

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

“Some users”

not

me :bena:

"Some users not me"

:lemming: <----ghostz, the lying lemming retard.

DRM affects every Xbox, doesn't matter if you were lucky enough to avoid it on that day. It's an Xbox problem, and the other consoles don't have it.

Edited by FIREPOWER

Xbox needs to fix it.  It's an issue, and deserves to be called out.  You also have MS talking about preservation and backwards compatibility... which ultimately means nothing if it all goes away because a connection is lost.

I say keep calling out Phil Spencer whenever he alludes to preservation in the industry.

• Like 1