Whoa, wait... what the FUCK... There's a NEW Simon the Sorcerer game coming!

Holy shit.. I can't believe it :wow:  

I LOVED Simon the Sorcerer games.  Played them on my very first computer, the Tandy RSX1000 way back in the day.  I can't believe they're making a new one.  The trailer doesn't show too much, and the visuals are unfinished.. and it sucks that it wont be done in the classic pixel art style of the originals, but that same sentiment goes towards the Return to Monkey Island sequel that was recently announced too.

How fucking crazy is it that we're getting a new Return to Monkey Island game AND a new Simon the Sorcerer game... omg :vince: 

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I've actually never heard of this series. This game has a really nice look though, if its good ill check it out.

Man, it's a great classic point-and-click series.  Well, I can only really speak to the first 2 games though, as I've never played the 3D ones and I've heard they are mediocre.. but this new one looks like it could be great again.

Edited by Remij
17 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Never heard of it. 

Yea it's quite an old game (1993) inspired by Secret of Monkey Island and other point-and-click adventure games from back in the day.  It was really quite a charming and captivating little game and looked really beautiful.  I remember running it on my Tandy 386, and being amazed that it would run at all haha.  It ran quite well actually, but since my computer didn't have a sound card I missed out on the voice acting.  The game had built in captions though.. so it was completely playable.

:love: 

It was so cool because it came with a big manual which also acted as a copy protection mechanism.

https://www.mocagh.org/infocom/simon-manual.pdf

If you notice on the pages it has compasses with different items at each of the different points.  When you'd boot up the game, it would ask you questions about which item appeared on which compass on which page, and you'd have to input the correct ones to play it lol.

I'm really happy that there's a new one in development, but I'm going to be very cautiously optimistic.  I'm not expecting anything incredible.  Would love to be surprised though!