Horizon Forbidden West tops UK charts

:mj: I remember lemshits calling this game a flop and yet it still keeps charting high every week since February. Like Miles Morales it has a lot of legs unlike Halo Midfinite and Fartz who have long since flopped out of the charts since they launched. If this game is a flop then Microsoft’s entire releases for this gen have been beyond epic flops :cruise:

93EDF03E-102C-4231-BD3F-0E30F96EF745.jpeg

Bundles.

You have to kinda feel bad for Sony at this point.  They could literally be smashing every gaming record right now if they had proper stock :D 

Covid + other world events have severely limited their ability to capitalize on the hype for the PS5.  It's kind of a shame because it would have been incredible to see where they could have been at by now, compared to where they are.

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

Bundles.

You have to kinda feel bad for Sony at this point.  They could literally be smashing every gaming record right now if they had proper stock :D 

Covid + other world events have severely limited their ability to capitalize on the hype for the PS5.  It's kind of a shame because it would have been incredible to see where they could have been at by now, compared to where they are.

Bundles correct but remember HFW was still charting at no. 3 the previous week without bundles. The game has a lot of legs especially for a game that came out 3 months ago.

I totally agree with your assessment that Sony would probably be breaking all kinds of records now if they had the stock. This global chip shortage has really fucked them up. According to their latest financial report they may be a solution soon. They have a new SKU coming out later this year that uses more available parts so that will probably greatly improve their current situation towards the later half of this year.

• Like 1

Yea I know.  Their games are doing well regardless. :happysad: 

Might as well use this thread to post this image I literally just saw on reddit about the evolution of game graphics.

wmjw7a2k23191.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Pretty crazy isn't it?  PS1 to PS5 right there.  Well, that's actually the PC version or perhaps an emulator shot because the PS1 was not even that high res and it didn't have filtered textures... but the point still stands..  More polygons in her eye lashes alone than the entire Lara character model from TR1.

If Kojima is working on a Death Stranding sequel, hopefully PS5(PC) exclusive with no last gen versions... I can't wait to see the character models in that game.  It's gonna be bonkers.  :wow2: 

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea I know.  Their games are doing well regardless. :happysad: 

Might as well use this thread to post this image I literally just saw on reddit about the evolution of game graphics.

wmjw7a2k23191.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Pretty crazy isn't it?  PS1 to PS5 right there.  Well, that's actually the PC version or perhaps an emulator shot because the PS1 was not even that high res and it didn't have filtered textures... but the point still stands..  More polygons in her eye lashes alone than the entire Lara character model from TR1.

If Kojima is working on a Death Stranding sequel, hopefully PS5(PC) exclusive with no last gen versions... I can't wait to see the character models in that game.  It's gonna be bonkers.  :wow2: 

Yeah, it’s crazy af 

• Like 1

One effect that low stock numbers are gonna have is that software for Sony is just going to have much longer legs because not everyone that wants to play that game even has the console they want to play it on. GT7 is going to be a staple in the Top 10-20 all year and you'll see boosts for other titles continuously as stock increases 

• Like 1