Oh shit, Activision is unionizing.

Poverty wages in a big ass triple A studio? Either it's a lie or this company is vile beyond belief.

Oh wait, it's testers? Lmao, it's always been a shit job. Barely anyone ever stay beta testers for long.

Programmers and the skilled workers have usually excellent pay checks. They work long hours and under pressure too though.

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Poverty wages in a big ass triple A studio? Either it's a lie or this company is vile beyond belief.

Oh wait, it's testers? Lmao, it's always been a shit job. Barely anyone ever stay beta testers for long.

Programmers and the skilled workers have usually excellent pay checks. They work long hours and under pressure too though.

Yeah QA is a low payed and glamour-less job everywhere. Nobody wants to make a long term career out of that discipline, It’s supposed to be treated as a temporary job just to get your foot in the gamedev door.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah QA is a low payed and glamour-less job everywhere. Nobody wants to make a long term career out of that discipline, It’s supposed to be treated as a temporary job just to get your foot in the gamedev door.

It's an incredibly important and necessary job though... which is probably why they want to unionize.... so they finally get paid what they are worth in contribution to creating a shippable product.

I think the problem is just about any clown can become a tester. It requires no degrees or no particular skillsets. If you've picked up a controller before then you're qualified to be a tester. The ones who have experience usually have a leading position within the team and have better pay, usually. I have many friends who worked for Beenox, a subsidiary of Activision so I know a bit about it. 

So I can sort of understand why companies are looking to make testing labor as cheap as possible. I don't see anyone complaining that fast food workers gets shit pay, work long hours and have no guarantees to keep their job.

The temporary hiring sucks but companies are not always in need of a huge testing team other than when close to releasing a product. A studio could go years without needing a full beta testing team theoretically. 

Worst part in the whole video was the woman who complained about testing VR games and had the headset on for 4-8 hours a day. That's unethical. 

On 2022-05-23 at 4:07 PM, Twinblade said:

Take a look at what happened to Cyberpunk and how that's going to affect CD Projekt Red's potential future sales of games going forward.

You think QA testing is not important?

They are in position to greatly hurt the launch of a game if the developer doesn't know how bad the condition of the game is in.

And as long as they have such leverage............they're important.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Take a look at what happened to Cyberpunk and how that's going to affect CD Projekt Red's potential future sales of games going forward.

You think QA testing is not important?

They are in position to greatly hurt the launch of a game if the developer doesn't know how bad the condition of the game is in.

I don't know man, I don't see how twinb said they are not important, just that it's a shitty job. He even pointed it out that he thinks otherwise with him mentioning halo infinite and bf2042 as a joke but it seems it goes right over your head.

always your dumb tactics to initiate the jerry-go-around lol :D   there should be a rule where you are removed from a thread when someone spots it, so we can avoid it entirely 

Edited by kaz
2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I don't know man, I don't see how twinb said they are not important, just that it's a shitty job. He even pointed it out that he thinks otherwise with him mentioning halo infinite and bf2042 as a joke but it seems it goes right over your head.

always your dumb tactics to initiate the jerry-go-around lol :D   there should be a rule where you are removed from a thread when someone spots it, so we can avoid it entirely 

LOL its so sad that you think I'm initiating a jerry-go-round........when I literally end my post with a declarative statement.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh man..............just look at that, CLEARLY looks like I'm baiting for endless conversation.

LOL dipshit tries so hard to portray me doing something, that he calls an apple and orange.

• Ben 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL its so sad that you think I'm initiating a jerry-go-round........when I literally end my post with a declarative statement.

Oh man..............just look at that, CLEARLY looks like I'm baiting for endless conversation.

LOL dipshit tries so hard to portray me doing something, that he calls an apple and orange.

It's ok jerry :-*