Former Xbox exec Ed Fries has said he’s concerned about Game Pass’s potential impact on the games industry.

Dude is basically bringing up the concerns that myself and a lot of sane people have been bringing up over the years.

We've already seen that Phil was full fo shit as he claimed that GamePass would lead to more retail sales, neither Fartza nor Halo lasted more than a month on NPD top 10.

MS doesn't give a shit about the overall health of the industry or whether people will stop buying games. They just want everyone on GamePass no matter the cost as they chase this race to the bottom style of gaming. All the consolidation with buying publishers is to ensure we all get on gamePass so that they can raise the price later down the line when we are all dependent on it for our AAA gaming needs. They don't care if the AAA gaming market dies as long as they get to nickel and dime useful idiots on GamePass.

I'm very glad Sony and Nintendo are resisting the urge to put everything on subscription services. I like to buy and own games and as long as those two and Steam exist, I won't be subscribing to GamePass as I feel it hurts gaming in the long run.

Edited by FIREPOWER

Everyone could see this but the retards drinking the koolaid (lemmings).

"They just want everyone on GamePass no matter the cost as they chase this race to the bottom style of gaming."

Bingo, that's exactly what it is.

• Like 1

I always liked Ed Fries.  That core Xbox team was awesome.

Imagine what that original team could do now with MS fully backing their gaming initiatives?  

They're all long gone though.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's all lemmings have had for over a decade. 

Imagine if.. Imagine what could have.. Imagine... Imagine imagine. 

I imagine a Nintendo that actually stayed competitive with Playstation and built powerful consoles too. :shrug: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

I imagine a Nintendo that actually stayed competitive with Playstation and built powerful consoles too. :shrug: 

Pretty sure Nintendo is dominating right now and have been for the last 5 years...meanwhile every year all lemmings do is "imagine if, imagine what would happened if we had games" :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Pretty sure Nintendo is dominating right now and have been for the last 5 years...meanwhile every year all lemmings do is "imagine if, imagine what would happened if we had games" :umad:

That's not what I mean by competitive.  They're catering to a different market.

I imagine one where Nintendo could compete directly.  They couldn't.  Thus the Switch.  They're massively successful because there is no competition lol

Just now, Remij said:

That's not what I mean by competitive.  They're catering to a different market.

I imagine one where Nintendo could compete directly.  They couldn't.  Thus the Switch.  They're massively successful because there is no competition lol

Only on SW and on gaming message boards etc. Hate to break it to you but that's not the real world. 

In the real world, the market is Switch,PS5 and Series X/S. 

Hence why NPD, Famitsu, Chartrack (Europe) etc include the Switch performance vs the other consoles because the Switch is a hybrid console... That's the reality bud. 

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Only on SW and on gaming message boards etc. Hate to break it to you but that's not the real world. 

In the real world, the market is Switch,PS5 and Series X/S. 

Hence why NPD, Famitsu, Chartrack (Europe) etc include the Switch performance vs the other consoles because the Switch is a hybrid console... That's the reality bud. 

No, in the real world, Nintendo is serving a different market which the other two aren't.  That's where there success is coming from.

I know, and you know... that Switch is a hybrid... because it couldn't compete directly.  So uh.. thanks for agreeing with me.  Because if Nintendo COULD have competed directly... there would still be a Handheld line and separate console line.

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

No, in the real world, Nintendo is serving a different market which the other two aren't.  That's where there success is coming from.

I know, and you know... that Switch is a hybrid... because it couldn't compete directly.  So uh.. thanks for agreeing with me.  Because if Nintendo COULD have competed directly... there would still be a Handheld line and separate console line.

Look at all those pretzels you're twisting yourself into to cope with Nintendo's success :sabu:

Switch is competing for the same videogame dollars in the same console market as PlayStation and Xbox.  

NPD : Switch was #1 units but #2 dollars while PS5 was number 1 in dollars and Number 2 in units. 

LemiJ : Bbbbbbut that's a different market :patpatpat:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Look at all those pretzels you're twisting yourself into to cope with Nintendo's success :sabu:

Switch is competing for the same videogame dollars in the same console market as PlayStation and Xbox.  

NPD : Switch was #1 units but #2 dollars while PS5 was number 1 in dollars and Number 2 in units. 

I have no issue with it my dude.  It's just simple facts.  Nintendo could not compete in the console market alone, so they made a hybrid.  You know it, and I know it.

And.. you quoted me about what I said.... which was that I imagine a Nintendo that didn't have to do that.. and one who actually competed with Playstation and Xbox in the dedicated console market.. with powerful consoles.  We're not living in that reality. :shrug: 

I love how he reveal that Xbox management is only concerned with profits and not improving the quality of the games. I mean, I already knew that but it's nice to get insider confirmation. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Remij said:

I have no issue with it my dude.  It's just simple facts.  Nintendo could not compete in the console market alone, so they made a hybrid.  You know it, and I know it.

And.. you quoted me about what I said.... which was that I imagine a Nintendo that didn't have to do that.. and one who actually competed with Playstation and Xbox in the dedicated console market.. with powerful consoles.  We're not living in that reality. :shrug: 

We're living in a reality where Nintendo is dominating, Sony is thriving and was also dominant with PS4 and Xbox is dead last and has ZERO games slated for this year. :cmpunk2:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

We're living in a reality where Nintendo is dominating, Sony is thriving and was also dominant with PS4 and Xbox is dead last and has ZERO games slated for this year. :cmpunk2:

But not one where Nintendo competes in a dedicated powerful console hardware market... which is what I imagine them doing.. :sass1:

Please though... keep reiterating how successful Nintendo can be when they're not directly competing with................anyone and serving multiple markets :drake: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

But not one where Nintendo competes in a dedicated powerful console hardware market... which is what I imagine them doing.. :sass1:

Please though... keep reiterating how successful Nintendo can be when they're not directly competing with................anyone and serving multiple markets :drake: 

25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Go argue with NPD, Famitsu and Chartrack :cmpunk2:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Go argue with NPD, Famitsu and Chartrack :cmpunk2:

I don't need to.  By your own admission Nintendo serves multiple markets... which Sony and Xbox don't.  I imagine Nintendo still serving the same market directly, the same as MS and Sony.. with powerful consoles.  I imagine that... because they don't. :drake: 

You think NPD is going to argue with me that Nintendo doesn't serve multiple markets which the others don't? :drake:  NPD tracks PC sales... and yet that's not the same market as consoles is it?... :drake:  

Imagine.... Nintendo competing directly... with PS and Xbox.  No portable.  No waggle gimmicks.  Just a powerful dedicated console.

Imagine. :sass1:

Just now, Remij said:

I don't need to.  By your own admission Nintendo serves multiple markets... which Sony and Xbox don't.  I imagine Nintendo still serving the same market directly, the same as MS and Sony.. with powerful consoles.  I imagine that... because they don't. :drake: 

You think NPD is going to argue with me that Nintendo doesn't serve multiple markets which the others don't? :drake:  NPD tracks PC sales... and yet that's not the same market as consoles is it?... :drake:  

Imagine.... Nintendo competing directly... with PS and Xbox.  No portable.  No waggle gimmicks.  Just a powerful dedicated console.

Imagine. :sass1:

Now he is making a point I never made an attributing to me and then arguing against a point he made on my behalf.... That's like a solo Remij - go-round:sabu:

Argue with the industry... According to the entire worldwide console video games market... The Switch is dominating said market.  Spin all you want :juggle:

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Now he is making a point I never made an attributing to me and then arguing against a point he made on my behalf.... That's like a solo Remij - go-round:sabu:

Argue with the industry... According to the entire worldwide console video games market... The Switch is dominating said market.  Spin all you want :juggle:

lmfao you can't be this fucking stupid.  He's gouko-rounding me.. :tom: 

You commented on me and what I imagined....... then cried when I doubled down on my point... telling me to "argue with NPD because Nintendo is successful" :cries: 

I don't need to argue with the industry you fucking clown... Nintendo no longer directly serves the market I imagine them being successful in.. with the product I imagine them making.... because they weren't successful... due to the DIRECT competition which WAS :lemming: 

Nintendo is ONLY successful when they tap something where there is no other competition.  Like waggle and the Wii.... and then now the Switch and hybrid.  IE no direct competition.

No cry along somewhere else :hest: 

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

lmfao you can't be this fucking stupid.  He's gouko-rounding me.. :tom: 

You commented on me and what I imagined....... then cried when I doubled down on my point... telling me to "argue with NPD because Nintendo is successful" :cries: 

I don't need to argue with the industry you fucking clown... Nintendo no longer directly serves the market I imagine them being successful in with the product I imagine them making.... because they weren't... because there was DIRECT competition :lemming: 

No cry along somewhere else :hest: 

Actually I said LEMMINGS imagine... Thanks for admitting you're a lemming :umad:

We're witnessing LemiJ in an intense argument with himself... How long can he keep his self ownage going? :sabu:

Have fun spinning around by yourself :juggle:

Edited by Goukosan

It's a very legitimate concern and it's been my main concern with where the future seems to be headed even though atm it is a great value to the consumer. As a kid, I would've absolutely been all for it, but now monetary value is worth a little less and time playing quality titles is worth a lot more and there is no feasible way that GP increases quality of games. 

• Like 1