Xbox reportedly turned down KOTOR remake (TLHBFR)

:hest: How fucking clueless are the guys working over at Xbox?! You can make excuses for Spiderman but KOTOR is an original Xbox game! How the fuck did they turn this down and allow Playstation to acquire it?

:freeman:Phil Spencer is a fucking clown!

Edited by FIREPOWER

I would have too. A remake not made by Bioware of an old ass Star Wars game that plays like absolute shit by today's standards is not promising at all.

So far we had the announcement and a CGI trailer. I have zero faith in this personally and I used to love the original.  We'll see in due time but I don't think it's coming out anytime soon.

But then again, when you know the whole story it kinda lose it's appeal quite fast. I haven't felt like playing the game once in the past two decades and I play old classic RPGs all the time. 

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I would have too. A remake not made by Bioware of an old ass Star Wars game that plays like absolute shit by today's standards is not promising at all.

So far we had the announcement and a CGI trailer. I have zero faith in this personally and I used to love the original.  We'll see in due time but I don't think it's coming out anytime soon.

But then again, when you know the whole story it kinda lose it's appeal quite fast. I haven't felt like playing the game once in the past two decades and I play old classic RPGs all the time. 

What you say would make sense if Xbox had some big bangers coming instead of this but they’ve had fuck all for 10 years. They’ve bankrolled garbage like Bleeding Edge, Crackdown 3 and Crossfire X but somehow feel a KOTOR remake and Marvel IPs are too risky.

Make this makes sense. For the longest time, one of the most requested games by the Xbox community has been a KOTOR remake and Phil had the opportunity to give it a shot and instead he chose Crackhead 3 :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
3 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

What you say would make sense if Xbox had some big bangers coming instead of this but they’ve had fuck all for 10 years. They’ve bankrolled garbage like Bleeding Edge, Crackdown 3 and Crossfire X but somehow feel a KOTOR remake and Marvel IPs are too risky.

Make this makes sense. For the longest time, one of the most requested games by the Xbox community has been a KOTOR remake and Phil had the opportunity to give it a shot and instead he chose Crackhead 3 :mj:

Yeah but at the same time those three games probably cost MS less than a remake of KOTOR. Phil has no fucking taste, I won't argue, he clearly go with a quantity over quality approach, which doesn't work for a first party, never did. GamePass probably push them to release even more content too, at a faster rate, it's a recipe for disaster for half finished trash games.

But still, my point is I don't think the KOTOR remake is gonna be a hit. I need to see some gameplay first you know because it can't be that old D&D combat system from the original, this shit won't sell with today's market, too slow RPG-ish. I expect it to turn more action oriented and it might suck. The devs Aspyr Games has never made a triple A? Like I don't even know who they are. I have no confidence in this, sorry.