Returnal spotted on SteamDB

On 2022-05-26 at 6:16 PM, kaz said:

Bruh, EGS is only good for the free games, I hope they never stop dishing them out. But the client is awful. Sometimes my library doesn't load at all until I restart, it's overall slow and just yesterday I was finishing tomb raider reboot from 2013 and was downloading rise of at the same time. After I finished I wanted to delete TR and it fucking queued the uninstall. It wouldn't uninstall until the other download was finished :tom:  

Origin I have no problems with for the games I got, it works fast and easy and any other client too tbh. Steam will remain the king for obvious reasons. EGS is just garbage right now. 

Its not as polished as Steam but I really have had very few issues with it. The most annoying one was one game in particular (forgot which one) where everytime I launched it, It would always open up the EGS site in a browser and I had to 'allow' the game in order for it to fully launch. Im not sure why i had to do that every time, but it was a mild annoyance at best.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one of the rental unit maintenance workers just sent me a message.

says the person who attempted ghost's comeback, and then changed it midway because he knew it was failing.   I already gave a response.............I'm living rent-free inside your head.

I live in it............at no cost. Year-round   you know its bad when you think adopting a ghost idea is the best you can think of. LOL

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its not as polished as Steam but I really have had very few issues with it. The most annoying one was one game in particular (forgot which one) where everytime I launched it, It would always open up the EGS site in a browser and I had to 'allow' the game in order for it to fully launch. Im not sure why i had to do that every time, but it was a mild annoyance at best.

All it offers is a Run button. If a console launched with Epic's feature set, it would be almost as good as Nintendo DS's online functionality.

4 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

All it offers is a Run button. If a console launched with Epic's feature set, it would be almost as good as Nintendo DS's online functionality.

Its actually a pretty advanced client under the hood though. You have to keep in mind that Unreal Engine and its marketplace are completely integrated into it. I dicked around with UE4 for a bit and the seamless integration was impressive, im sure it has workflow benefits for game developers.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its actually a pretty advanced client under the hood though. You have to keep in mind that Unreal Engine and its marketplace are completely integrated into it. I dicked around with UE4 for a bit and the seamless integration was impressive, im sure it has workflow benefits for game developers.

maybe that's convenient for unreal engine developers. not sure why i'd want a game engine asset store integrated with a store for actually buying videogames.  i can see how it's easier for epic to only maintain one store tho.  maybe they'll add food delivery.

LOL his year-long butthurt continues

So the database code doesn't have the actual name of the game..........but it has a "tag" that included the language of a DLC in a text string.

LOL that's the confirmation.:drake: Whoo boy, he's crawling on his knees to get to E3 at this point.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL his year-long butthurt continues

So the database code doesn't have the actual name of the game..........but it has a "tag" that included the language of a DLC in a text string.

LOL that's the confirmation.:drake: Whoo boy, he's crawling on his knees to get to E3 at this point.

^ It directly references something from the game and Jerky's like "LOL that's the confirmation":drake: 

You're such a fucking clown :mj: :rofl: 

And I'm loving every minute of these posts... which has happened every time... where you act like I'm the butthurt one making leaps to form the connection :hest: 

It's funny because after it's officially announced, you'll say something along the lines of "It was obvious that this was coming... anyone could have guessed it was going to happen" just like you have... every single other time :sabu: 

12 hours ago, Remij said:

^ It directly references something from the game and Jerky's like "LOL that's the confirmation":drake: 

And I'm loving every minute of these posts... which has happened every time... where you act like I'm the butthurt one making leaps to form the connection :hest: 

It's funny because after it's officially announced, you'll say something along the lines of "It was obvious that this was coming... anyone could have guessed it was going to happen" just like you have... every single other time :sabu: 

One of the best PS5 exclusives is coming to Steam Deck and Jerry is in denial. :cosby:

On 2022-05-27 at 10:55 PM, Twinblade said:

Pile of shit makes me do a capctha everytime I try to log in.

Stop taking free candy from Sweeny, he's grooming you twinkie and you're falling for it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2022-05-28 at 8:32 PM, Remij said:

LOL oh man, look at this spastic typing. poor guy was jittering this past weekend.

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

Bubu the database doesn't have the actual name! :cry: - Jerky

ScVab1.png

DxhK5I.png

TeHJF2.png

Jerky stay fucking LOSING :tom: 

:geese: 

Dude is in complete denial. You hate to see it.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Bubu the database doesn't have the actual name! :cry: - Jerky

ScVab1.png

DxhK5I.png

TeHJF2.png

Jerky stay fucking LOSING :tom: 

:geese: 

its so funny how i live rent free in his head at all times

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Jerky stay losing™ :geese: 

I live rent free in his head, that how much free time he has......when he doesn't have any PC games.:drake:

Edited by jehurey
  • NPC 1
28 minutes ago, Ike said:

So looking around 18 months is the normal PS5 console exclusivity length for most games on average. That seems fair. I could see it going down to one year later. 

I don't think you can apply any history to project forward PC's standard exclusivity window.

Sony has only begun to loosen up on PC ports. Nixxes probably has a lengthy roadmap of ports from existing PS4/5 games. With each port they're improving their pipeline, tools, and team communication which will make the next port easier.  Also Sony will set the expectation from devs to consider the PC earlier in production, and handle more of the work themselves.

It might take 2 years, but I think we'll get to the point where PC builds are working on release date. There won't need to be a port delay. Whether Sony goes with day and date releases is unclear, but it'll look increasingly dumb to sit on working PC versions.

Edited by sugarhigh