Fable 4 getting scaled down due to Forza tech issues, Everwild is a mess, another Halo tech lead leaves (TLHBFR!)

Disappointing about Fable 4, but I would like to know exactly what they're 'scaling down'. If they were planning on making a huge open world with loads of content comparable to a Bethesda or CDPR RPG, then i think im fine with that. Fable has always been on the smaller side and it doesn't need to be massive to be a good RPG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Disappointing about Fable 4, but I would like to know exactly what they're 'scaling down'. If they were planning on making a huge open world with loads of content comparable to a Bethesda or CDPR RPG, then i think im fine with that. Fable has always been on the smaller side and it doesn't need to be massive to be a good RPG.

I concur. I rather Fable keep things tighter. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Except Fable was never good to begin with.

• Thanks 1
  • dead 1
3 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mj: WTF is going on at MS studios?!

:dbry:Its a total clusterfuck.

:sabu:  They have the most studios and they can’t get anything out other than Forza. Bunch of fucking clowns over there!

DynamiteCop - all these studio purchases automatically mean a never ending stream of games this gen, just wait and see. 

Any day now... 

It will happen soon... 

You will see... 

Umm.. Its almost here... 

:feelsbadman:

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

DynamiteCop - all these studio purchases automatically mean a never ending stream of games this gen, just wait and see. 

Any day now... 

It will happen soon... 

You will see... 

Umm.. Its almost here... 

:feelsbadman:

Meanwhile all the talent at these franchise-maintainer studios are leaving to form their own teams.  I hope you Lemmings like Double Fine, cause they're the only ones who can consistently put games out.

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Their multi platform showcase should be decent. 

Yea I think they should have a good amount of stuff to show... but I mean when is it all launching?

I'm excited for that Gears Collection that's supposedly in the works.  That's great for us PC gamers since 2, 3, and Judgement never released on the platform.

Forza will be there for sure... but we need to start seeing gameplay of Fable, Perfect Dark and other shit that's been announced since forever ago.  Hellblade 2 should have something new to show as well.  Maybe some actual combat and stuff.

I dunno... despite me loving Gears and Forza... it's literally just more Gears and Forza again lol...   I wish they'd have a few nice surprises.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Except Fable was never good to begin with.

Don't laugh but Fable 1 might have legit been the first WRPG I ever played :D  It was definitely something special to me at the time. I mean shit my message board username is based on a character from the game. 

• Ben 2
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Don't laugh but Fable 1 might have legit been the first WRPG I ever played :D  It was definitely something special to me at the time. I mean shit my message board username is based on a character from the game. 

I had been super hyped for it for years, I was a Black and White defender! The day it came out, I bought it and left it at my place while I went to work.  When I got back, my roommate had opened it and was several hours into the game.  I was pretty fucking pissed and never really gave the game a chance after that.

But it strikes me that this is another Xbox franchise running way past its shelf date after all the original creators have moved on.

Edited by sugarhigh
13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I was a playstation/nintendo kid who grew up with JRPGs and always assumed WRPGs were nerd shit :D

I think my first WRPG was Diablo 1. Which at the time was the coolest looking game I had ever seen. 

I was mostly a JRPG fan too growing up though. 

14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I was a playstation/nintendo kid who grew up with JRPGs and always assumed WRPGs were nerd shit :D

to be fair, a lot of wrpgs back then had atrocious art design. so, i totally get it.