New State of Play starts in 40 minutes (6pm EST)

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves release date for PC, and pretty sure at least Sackboy will be announced.. possibly Returnal as well.

PSVR2 stuff with that Horizon game.. and possibly... a very small, almost non existent possibility.. of something Resident Evil related.

That State of Play was pretty incredible.  Goddamn.

RE4 Remake :lawd:

The Callisto Protocol :lawd:

Street Fighter 6 :lawd:

FF16 :lawd:

Holy shit.  I think Yoshi-P might single handedly phoenix down the Final Fantasy series.. that trailer was incredible :vince: 

• aitch 2

I had read that one of those VR games as being listed as 2022, so I don't know if that means PSVR2 hardware will be able to arrive by the end of the year or not.

Other people within the manufacturing industry are saying that its likely to be 2023.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

anything good?

lol 

Lots of great stuff.

RE4:R (PSVR2 support)

Stray

The Callisto Protocol

Spider-man: Remastered for PC

SF6

RE8 PSVR2 support

Tunic coming to PS (great game)

FF16

FF16 looks awesome to me.  I really liked that trailer.  I think it could be something special for the series.  Cautiously very optimistic about it.

Edited by Remij
Just now, -GD-X said:

re 4 and sf = meh

but The Callisto Protocol :aitch:

Yep.  Made by the creator and many of the same people who made Dead Space.

What really makes them special is the amount of world building they do... Dead Space was so incredible, and I have no doubts this will be too.

• aitch 2

oh man, that sequel to Walking Dead Saints and Sinners, coming right after they show footage of RE4 Remake, RE8 VR, and then showing footage of Horizon VR just really highlights the difference about the sorry ass state of Quest VR and PCVR, and the level that Sony is working on for PSVR2 games.

If RE4 was being remade, I was definitely not expecting it to be done with VR content, and it almost looks like that message was thrown in there at the last moment. The announcement for RE8 made it seem like they are tailoring the entire thing for VR.

Makes it seem like Sony is giving developers good tools for them to take games in PS5 development and be able to make them for PSVR2.

And as Horizon VR shows, it doesn't appear to come with any major downgrade to graphics.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

oh man, that sequel to Walking Dead Saints and Sinners, coming right after they show footage of RE4 Remake, RE8 VR, and then showing footage of Horizon VR just really highlights the difference about the sorry ass state of Quest VR and PCVR, and the level that Sony is working on for PSVR2 games.

If RE4 was being remade, I was definitely not expecting it to be done with VR content, and it almost looks like that message was thrown in there at the last moment. The announcement for RE8 made it seem like they are tailoring the entire thing for VR.

Makes it seem like Sony is giving developers good tools for them to take games in PS5 development and be able to make them for PSVR2.

And as Horizon VR shows, it doesn't appear to come with any major downgrade to graphics.

What a dumb post.  It speaks to the game itself.. not the platform, idiot.  There's already VR Resident Evil games....

And yes... Horizon VR is very obviously downgraded visually...

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

What a dumb post.  It speaks to the game itself.. not the platform, idiot

No, it speaks to the platform, because Saints and Sinners is primarily designed for Quest and PCVR

And the sequel is clearly using the same engine, assets, level of graphics.

Quest and PCVR game development is barely above PS3/X360 level in terms of graphics.

And you know it.  QeustVR/PCVR platforms have yet to get any game that looks as good as RE8, a cross-gen game.  And RE4 remake, another cross-gen game, for that matter.