Jump to content

The Last of Us Remake Part 1 is coming to PS5/PC


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't wait this is my favorite series! Gonna be a blast to play on the system it was always meant for!  

Lol the PC version isn't even coming out at the same time, all they're saying is that its 'in development'. Congrats on getting to play the waiting game yet again 

No need to.    Sony current strategy which they laid out is working.    Release new games on PlayStation first, once it reaches its sales threshold etc.. Port it to PC and reap the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

What a pointless remake. I hope Sony isn't going to push this as their killer app for the 2nd half of this year (if GoW is delayed).

It's not pointless... the point is to bring the entire series to PC. :smugcena:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not pointless... the point is to bring the entire series to PC. :smugcena:

 

Lol the PC version isn't even coming out at the same time, all they're saying is that its 'in development'. Congrats on getting to play the waiting game yet again :hest:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not mad at this, at all. But I wonder if #1: the gameplay will be updated to feel like Part 2 (which is God status), and #2 if Part 1 designed for next gen will now look a bit better than Part 2.  Seems like the ideal case would be a PS5/PC collectors edition with both games at the same quality level.

 

The Last of Us (1&2) is still the pinacle of AAA gaming imo. It's a lineage with Bioshock and Half Life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

wait, i thought they were remaking the game with it adapted to the HBO series? regardless, they had released an HD remake last gen. pointless af.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

wait, i thought they were remaking the game with it adapted to the HBO series? regardless, they had released an HD remake last gen. pointless af.

 

I think the idea is that newbies will check out the games because they liked the show. So it would be better if the first game didn't show its age. It's an aggressive move considering the PS4 version is still good, but this HBO show could be phenomenal. The 7/10 Netflix adaptation of The Witcher drove a lot of people to play Witcher 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sugarhigh said:

 

I think the idea is that newbies will check out the games because they liked the show. So it would be better if the first game didn't show its age. It's an aggressive move considering the PS4 version is still good, but this HBO show could be phenomenal. The 7/10 Netflix adaptation of The Witcher drove a lot of people to play Witcher 3.

true. it will be great for those who have never played the games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

pointless? nah, right on time for my first playthrough :D  I always win :smugd:

  • Geese 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

Lol the PC version isn't even coming out at the same time, all they're saying is that its 'in development'. Congrats on getting to play the waiting game yet again :hest:

LOL on the stream Neil Druckmann said it was coming on PC "shortly thereafter" which essentially guarantees it will be out to coincide with the HBO series :tom: 

 

They're all in on PC LOL TCHBFAR :kaz: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They announced TLOU2 just crossed 10M copies sold after 2 years.  That's obviously good, but as the sequel to such a huge game for Sony, and Naughty Dog... TLOU2 didn't sell as good as they hoped... that much is obvious.  It's clear that many people didn't like the direction they went with the sequel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij said:

They announced TLOU2 just crossed 10M copies sold after 2 years.  That's obviously good, but as the sequel to such a huge game for Sony, and Naughty Dog... TLOU2 didn't sell as good as they hoped... that much is obvious.  It's clear that many people didn't like the direction they went with the sequel.

i loved it (my 2020 goty), but damn, the "shift" from the first half to the second was so jarring. also, i'll never like abby's character model. still, i've beaten it twice and have platinum'd it. the only 2 other games i've platinum'd are detroit and elden ring. i think 10m is pretty great for a game that had tons of unwanted hate before it had even released.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a game that got overshadowed by the PS5 launch.

 

TLOU1 was in a somewhat similar situation, but it received a DLC update and a next-gen remaster the following year (almost 13 months after the initial PS3 release).

 

TLOU2 hasn't received any DLC, and it took almost an entire year just to get the 60fps patch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

Its a game that got overshadowed by the PS5 launch.

 

TLOU1 was in a somewhat similar situation, but it received a DLC update and a next-gen remaster the following year (almost 13 months after the initial PS3 release).

 

TLOU2 hasn't received any DLC, and it took almost an entire year just to get the 60fps patch.

sloppy ass patch too. the motion blur seemed off, and there was no 4k option. i would have been fine with 40/30fps, or a checkerboard 4k/60fps, like they did with the first on ps4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -GD-X said:

sloppy ass patch too. the motion blur seemed off, and there was no 4k option. i would have been fine with 40/30fps, or a checkerboard 4k/60fps, like they did with the first on ps4.

Naughty Dog deserves legit criticism for that, because that should've been an end-of-year 2020 patch. And it should've been a tech demonstration of the PS5 hardware, by showing the game at full 4K.

 

the rumors suggest that this TLOU1 remake was originally given out to a contractor to make the game, but then Naughty Dog themselves had to come in and finish it. And since its meant to coincide with a TV project, the remake probably took top priority.

 

Buts its bullshit, TLOU2 should be in a better state for PS5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

Naughty Dog deserves legit criticism for that, because that should've been an end-of-year 2020 patch. And it should've been a tech demonstration of the PS5 hardware, by showing the game at full 4K.

 

the rumors suggest that this TLOU1 remake was originally given out to a contractor to make the game, but then Naughty Dog themselves had to come in and finish it. And since its meant to coincide with a TV project, the remake probably took top priority.

 

Buts its bullshit, TLOU2 should be in a better state for PS5.

yeah, i'd be down to revisit tlou2 if they give it a proper patch. i ain't paying for some 4k/remake/definitive edition either. the same goes for the tlou "remake"...a remake for a ps3 game that got ps4 enhancements :mj:scummy sony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i loved it (my 2020 goty), but damn, the "shift" from the first half to the second was so jarring. also, i'll never like abby's character model. still, i've beaten it twice and have platinum'd it. the only 2 other games i've platinum'd are detroit and elden ring. i think 10m is pretty great for a game that had tons of unwanted hate before it had even released.

I had no issues with Abby's character model really...  I mean, I didn't like it... but it's whatever.  There were far greater problems with the game than Abby's body shape.  I think a lot of the word of mouth hate dragged down the games sales pretty hard.  I think it would have sold over 20M if it had been better.

 

It's unfortunate, because there's still a lot of good stuff there.  But yea, 10M isn't anything terrible, but no doubt Sony expected more from their premiere studio and franchise (up to that point)

 

I don't think the hate was unwarranted.  People are allowed to not like things that don't follow what they had in mind or had hoped for the series.  That's actually a sign that people care deeply about something... when things get massive backlashes like that.  ND made a choice and this is the result.

 

 

Anyway, speaking about this remake, it seems like it's just going to be a visual overhaul... I don't believe they mentioned anything about the gameplay systems or anything coming in from TLOU2, did they?  I wonder if it's purely superficial or whether they're going to make some actual changes/improvements to the level design and enemy encounter design to bring it up to TLOU2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i'd be down to revisit tlou2 if they give it a proper patch. i ain't paying for some 4k/remake/definitive edition either. the same goes for the tlou "remake"...a remake for a ps3 game that got ps4 enhancements :mj:scummy sony.

Yea, charging cows $60/70 for this game again is hilarious.  I mean sure a LOT of work goes into making it... but that's just greedy.

 

It's obviously meant to bring the entire series up to the same visual standard to resemble a more cohesive whole.  Druckmann said they wanted new PS5 players and PC players to be able to have the Definitve edition.  Clearly they're thinking of PC players, and people who have no idea what TLOU is who maybe see the TV show and get hooked.. it's about having a new version of the game on more platforms at a higher quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...