The Last of Us Remake Part 1 is coming to PS5/PC

Just now, Remij said:

I had no issues with Abby's character model really...  I mean, I didn't like it... but it's whatever.  There were far greater problems with the game than Abby's body shape.  I think a lot of the word of mouth hate dragged down the games sales pretty hard.  I think it would have sold over 20M if it had been better.

It's unfortunate, because there's still a lot of good stuff there.  But yea, 10M isn't anything terrible, but no doubt Sony expected more from their premiere studio and franchise (up to that point)

I don't think the hate was unwarranted.  People are allowed to not like things that don't follow what they had in mind or had hoped for the series.  That's actually a sign that people care deeply about something... when things get massive backlashes like that.  ND made a choice and this is the result.

Anyway, speaking about this remake, it seems like it's just going to be a visual overhaul... I don't believe they mentioned anything about the gameplay systems or anything coming in from TLOU2, did they?  I wonder if it's purely superficial or whether they're going to make some actual changes/improvements to the level design and enemy encounter design to bring it up to TLOU2?

i think the hate was overboard and unnecessary. it played significantly better than the first and both halves delivered unique experiences, based on their weaknesses/strengths. there were glaring flaws for sure, and it's ok for some people to be disappointed with it on a narrative level. however, the hate was overblown and downright childish. user reviews were like 1.0 before the game even released lol. "buh buh i don't like what they did with x character :cry:" it was pretty pathetic. i do wish the pacing had been structured differently to make what they were going for more effective and less jarring.

• Like 1
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't wait this is my favorite series! Gonna be a blast to play on the system it was always meant for!  

Lol the PC version isn't even coming out at the same time, all they're saying is that its 'in development'. Congrats on getting to play the waiting game yet again 

No need to.    Sony current strategy which they laid out is working.    Release new games on PlayStation first, once it reaches its sales threshold etc.. Port it to PC and reap the

Posted Images

Just now, Remij said:

Yea, charging cows $60/70 for this game again is hilarious.  I mean sure a LOT of work goes into making it... but that's just greedy.

It's obviously meant to bring the entire series up to the same visual standard to resemble a more cohesive whole.  Druckmann said they wanted new PS5 players and PC players to be able to have the Definitve edition.  Clearly they're thinking of PC players, and people who have no idea what TLOU is who maybe see the TV show and get hooked.. it's about having a new version of the game on more platforms at a higher quality.

i think these kind of "remakes" should be day 1 on ps+ (or whatever the first tier is called). and yeah, they are revamping the gameplay/ai.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i think the hate was overboard and unnecessary. it played significantly better than the first and both halves delivered unique experiences, based on their weaknesses/strengths. there were glaring flaws for sure, and it's ok for some people to be disappointed with it on a narrative level. however, the hate was overblown and downright childish. user reviews were like 1.0 before the game even released lol. "buh buh i don't like what they did with x character :cry:" it was pretty pathetic. i do wish the pacing had been structured differently to make what they were going for more effective and less jarring.

That's what happens when people care a lot about something.

ND essentially did what we were all expecting them to do... but they did it in a lame way.

Most video game hate is overblown and childish...  I think a lot of the reactions to shit MS shows or does is the same.  The difference is that Sony franchises don't usually get that type of hate... so it's a bigger deal when it does happen.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i think these kind of "remakes" should be day 1 on ps+ (or whatever the first tier is called). and yeah, they are revamping the gameplay/ai.

Oh really?  Nice that's good at least!

Just now, Remij said:

That's what happens when people care a lot about something.

ND essentially did what we were all expecting them to do... but they did it in a lame way.

Most video game hate is overblown and childish...  I think a lot of the reactions to shit MS shows or does is the same.  The difference is that Sony franchises don't usually get that type of hate... so it's a bigger deal when it does happen.

i don't think it was lame. i think the way it was presented made the second half a bit rough to get into. this is where an actual film director would have helped. it would have been amazing if i had grown attached to a new character....only to find out what she had done, maybe near the end of the game.

edit: still , i grew to like her character a lot.

Some comparison images:

FU1hhxpXwAo2WZe?format=jpg&name=large

FU1hj2eXwAcSB4Z?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FU1hZEMXwBQoIVp?format=jpg&name=large

FU1hZuiXwA8xFnN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Consistent and in-line with TLOU2.  The obvious thing to remember is that on PS3/PS4 those were pre-rendered video cutscenes, whereas now they're fully real-time.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

damn, that is purty. well, fuck lol.

TLOU is one of those games that looked so damn good even on PS3, with those cutscenes, that when you see the new version you're like "oh that looks like what I remember"... then you see them side by side... lol

Just now, Remij said:

TLOU is one of those games that looked so damn good even on PS3, with those cutscenes, that when you see the new version you're like "oh that looks like what I remember"... then you see them side by side... lol

i went back to 1 after playing 2, and even 2 felt like a pretty massive leap.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yup, probably along the lines of 2, which was a huge improvement imo.

Oh gameplay-wise for sure.

Like I said, I think for overall cohesiveness this release is important.  They're hoping the HBO series brings in new people, and they want these new people to have the definitive version.  It's scummy to charge PS owners that much again... but I understand the reason for this release.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

Oh gameplay-wise for sure.

Like I said, I think for overall cohesiveness this release is important.  They're hoping the HBO series brings in new people, and they want these new people to have the definitive version.  It's scummy to charge PS owners that much again... but I understand the reason for this release.

yeah, i'm sure i'll want to relay it as we get closer to the show's release. i could always buy it via amazon, play it, and then return it lol. that way, i won't feel bad for triple dipping lol.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i'm sure i'll want to relay it as we get closer to the show's release. i could always buy it via amazon, play it, and then return it lol. that way, i won't feel bad for triple dipping lol.

The one thing though... is if the HBO series sucks... it could have the opposite effect and this remake could sell quite low overall.

They're placing their bets on people loving the show obviously. 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

They announced TLOU2 just crossed 10M copies sold after 2 years.  That's obviously good, but as the sequel to such a huge game for Sony, and Naughty Dog... TLOU2 didn't sell as good as they hoped... that much is obvious.  It's clear that many people didn't like the direction they went with the sequel.

That’s BS. 10 million+ sold on a single platform is impressive anyway you look at it. It took two platforms and more than half a decade for TLOU1 to sell 20 million on PS3 and PS4. You must remember this game is M rated and won’t sell crazy numbers out the gate like a game like Spiderman. We need to stop this bullshit of downplaying the success of Sony’s games. I can’t remember the last time an Xbox game sold 10 million and all MS games release on PC day and date, yet you lemshits don’t call them financial flops.

I also fail to see how cows have been owned since this still isn’t coming to PC on day one. In “development” means the game could launch on PC 6 months to a year after the PS5 version. Either way PC gamers are waiting and on top of that they’ll also have to wait on the sequel to get ported. 

It’s a win for PC gamers to enjoy this game but it’s definitely not a loss for PS5 owners since they still get first dibs on the game. I prefer Sony’s way of porting to PC, it’s way better than the MS approach of making Xbox irrelevant by porting everything to PC day and date.

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

That’s BS. 10 million+ sold on a single platform is impressive anyway you look at it. It took two platforms and more than half a decade for TLOU1 to sell 20 million. You must remember this game is M rated and won’t sell crazy numbers out the gate like a game like Spiderman.

I also fail to see how cows have been owned since this still isn’t coming to PC on day one. In “development” means the game could launch on PC 6 months to a year after the PS5 version. Either way PC gamers are waiting and on top of that they’ll also have to wait on the sequel to get ported. 

It’s a win for PC gamers to enjoy this game but it’s definitely not a loss for PS5 owners since they still get first dibs on the game. I prefer Sony’s way of porting to PC, it’s way better than the MS approach of making Xbox irrelevant by porting everything to PC day and date.

Neil said it's coming shortly thereafter.  This isn't no year or 2 year wait.

I told yall :reg: 

But yea, I already said 10M is good.. but dude... this was their biggest most premiere franchise... by their most beloved developer...  It didn't meet expectations.  That's why were not hearing about sales until 2 years later....

Just now, Remij said:

Neil said it's coming shortly thereafter.  This isn't no year or 2 year wait.

I told yall :reg: 

But yea, I already said 10M is good.. but dude... this was their biggest most premiere franchise... by their most beloved developer...  It didn't meet expectations.  That's why were not hearing about sales until 2 years later....

“Shortly after” means nothing, it still has no release date. Neil also said Factions Two was coming “shortly after” and years later we are still waiting.

10 million sales after 1.5 years is amazing dude, stop trying to downplay it. The only game Sony has that sold faster is Spiderman and that’s an established IP. 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

The one thing though... is if the HBO series sucks... it could have the opposite effect and this remake could sell quite low overall.

They're placing their bets on people loving the show obviously. 

i have a feeling the show will deliver.

• aitch 1

Not quite a day one PC version but a day 0 confirmation that it's coming to PC at a later date. Not bad, Sony is embracing the PC market faster than I had initially expected.

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 1