Avowed Has “Been Rebooted Several Times” – Schreier

https://gamingbolt.com/avowed-has-gone-through-some-reboots-may-not-release-soon-schreier

Replying to a user who hoped it would appear, Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier said on Twitter, “Avowed has gone through some reboots and changed directors pretty recently. Dunno if it’ll be there today, but I wouldn’t expect to play it for a while.” Schreier then deleted the tweet (though a screencap can be seen below) and provided some more context on ResetEra. “Just to reiterate: ‘I have no idea whether the game will be shown off today, but it went through a major leadership change last year and has been rebooted multiple times.'”

As for whether any reboots have happened since last year, Schreier said, “I don’t know if any reboots have happened since then, but yeah there was a big reboot at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021 when a bunch of the directors moved/were replaced.”

So while Avowed may or may not receive a new trailer or news today, it may end up quite different. Rumors also pegged it as releasing in Q1/Q2 2023 so it could be pushed further out. Time will tell so stay tuned for more details.

Avowed-Jason-Schreier.jpeg

:hest:

9 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

yup

avowed

everwild

fable

perfect dark

etc

:pavarotti:

I've heard of 2 of those  one last had a game 12 years ago  the other 17 years ago. Never heard of the first two until today.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

How do so many MS games run into these kind of development issues? Avowed, Perfect Dark, Fable 4. Sony studios do not have these problems.

They're just a shitty publisher. The prime issue is they have shitty project managers. But they struggle to keep talent because of decisions made by the business people. Nobody talented working at 343 wants to keep Master Chief going their whole career.

Buying all these big publishers will make it worse I predict because it will thoroughly destabilize the whole thing. Managers at Activision who were working their way up the ladder now have to get noticed by MS hierarchy. A lot more games will be cancelled that are strategically unimportant to MS. Teams will be shutdown on a hair trigger if their next game doesn't exceed sales/GP expectations.

Also MS doesn't know how to control production for Game Pass. They've got here by pushing the envelope on AAA production (Halo, Gears, Mass Effect) but now they need a consistent flow of B-level material. Double Fine can do this, Ninja Theory probably can't.

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

xbox fanboys on resetera got heated at schreier for posting this, tried to discredit him, then got dragged + banned :hest:

uYuoMbl.png

Wtf... I'm confused by the idea *from a journalist* that sourcing a sex criminal/predator is an unacceptable thing to do. If the facts are accurate, what is the issue?