Please announce your Showcase Playstation...

..and save us from this flood of mediocrity :mjcry:

When will we get their yearly 'Showcase' event? Last year it was in September i think. One is definitely coming because this is probably as little we've known and seen from PS first party in a very very long time. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Remij said:

Yea, it will be later in the year for sure.

I dunno, I'm pretty happy right now.  All these shows had something for me.

I feel like there currently isn't this game on the horizon that we know of that feels like the major step forward in a generation. MS have literally nothing, their big game looks like friggin skyrim level. We haven't seen what R* is working on and don't know anything from Sony's major first party studios really. Just a lot of middle tier games atm imo. Outside of GoW I feel like there is nothing substantial for the rest of the year and even that isn't a guarantee this year. 

We should be getting one later this year. I’m hopeful it’s not as far away as September. We should also be getting some announcements later this month if some insiders are to be believed. Possibly a State of Play from God of War Ragnarok at the end of the month.

Lord knows we need something to save us from the shit show that was Xbox’s Showcase.

Edited by FIREPOWER

I think Jade Raymond / Haven's game is what I most want to see from Playstation Studios.  A lot of other projects are either known (God of War) or probably far out (New Bend IP).

Raymond was working with a new team at Stadia for over a year. I'm just guessing that Sony is buying whatever they had in progress and maybe there's something to show.

Also with MS buying Activision, it's pretty urgent that Sony own a realistic, present-day online shooter. They've been out of that category since closing Zipper, but if they don't have an answer for Call of Duty going exclusive that would be a big issue. Especially with Battlefield floundering.

Edited by sugarhigh
Just now, sugarhigh said:

I think Jade Raymond / Haven's game is what I most want to see from Playstation Studios.  A lot of other projects are either known (God of War) or probably far out (New Bend IP).

Raymond was working with a new team at Stadia for over a year. I'm just guessing that Sony is buying whatever they had in progress and maybe there's something to show.

Also with MS buying Activision, it's pretty urgent that Sony own a realist, present-day online shooter. They've been out of that category since closing Zipper, but if they don't have an answer for Call of Duty going exclusive that would be a big issue. Especially with Battlefield floundering.

Bungie will just make Destiny 3 for them for their big FPS IP. Also, I expect Raymond’s game to probably be a GaaS type game. 

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Bungie will just make Destiny 3 for them for their big FPS IP. Also, I expect Raymond’s game to probably be a GaaS type game. 

Destiny 3 ain't it tho. It's colorful sci-fi guns, it's T-for-Teen, and it's MMORPG loot questing.

A big audience wants AR-15s, realistic scopes, bloody corpses, 20 minute online matches, and 2-hit deaths.

Edited by sugarhigh
3 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Destiny 3 ain't it tho. It's colorful sci-fi guns, it's T-for-Teen, and it's MMORPG loot questing.

A big audience wants AR-15s, realistic scopes, bloody corpses, 20 minute online matches, and 2-hit deaths.

Ok they own Insomniac so they can bring back Resistance or have a grown up Guerilla make a new Killzone. Hell, make a new SOCOM. Sony has lots of options. Plus, I sincerely doubt MS would cannibalize its profits by releasing COD only on PC/Xbox. 

• aitch 1
55 minutes ago, Ike said:

Ok they own Insomniac so they can bring back Resistance or have a grown up Guerilla make a new Killzone. Hell, make a new SOCOM. Sony has lots of options. Plus, I sincerely doubt MS would cannibalize its profits by releasing COD only on PC/Xbox. 

I think it's very unlikely we'll ever see another AAA Resistance game, especially from Insomniac. Mostly the same with Killzone, but at least Shadowfall had its time to shine as a PS4 launch. I don't think people are clamoring for a continuation of these stories.

With Socom at least no one cares about the story. The sad thing is its sendoff was shit on PS3. The AA Slant Six game Socom Confrontation was pretty well received, but then the Zipper mainline Socom 4 was garbage enough to kill the franchise.

I think we need a whole new thing which is designed to push the PS5 hard, while sticking to the classic multipler game modes/maps and really well executed tactical fps at 60. Could be MP only.

I have to admit I haven’t followed the Xbox shit too closely but one thing keeps popping into my mind: Microsoft have burned $85+ billion on studio acquisitions and this is what they have to show for it at this point. And before anyone says they only bought this shit recently, they started buying up studios years ago now before the recent big ones and also Bethesda have been making these games for YEARS already. 

Bill Gates can burn his pension all he wants I’m still not buying an Xbox.

:tom:

Edited by Cell
  • Haha 1
  • Geese 1