Digital Foundry - Horizon Forbidden West PS5 patch 1.16: 60fps Performance mode finally fixed!

2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Nice, they finally fixed the fuzziness in performance mode  :aitch:

The stunning game got even prettier now. 

Yea it looks spot on now.  No more shimmering.  And they actually fixed all the pop-in issues too, which John goes over towards the end of the video.

They needed just a bit more time and a little constructive criticism to get there.  

@-GD-X Beautiful pic man.  Post more if you have them!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea it looks spot on now.  No more shimmering.  And they actually fixed all the pop-in issues too, which John goes over towards the end of the video.

They needed just a bit more time and a little constructive criticism to get there.  

@-GD-X Beautiful pic man.  Post more if you have them!

These are 3 more I had on my phone. I’ll have check the app. 

871E6945-EE81-4D2F-9060-C0C59AD1AA6D.jpeg

3286DF38-5D29-4C4F-90D2-31A743ECF9B7.jpeg

33DA0D11-C235-454B-90E4-6BB872D7ECC9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • aitch 1

yeah, the 60fps mode is now the preferred way to play. And I was even in a great spot to test the game before allowing the patch to install, to see how it looked before the patch, and how much it improves with the patch. Even the 30fps fidelity mode feel more "stable" and in 60fps mode, the trees out in the distance have absolutely no shimmer or jutteriness. Really impressive patch.

But I was hoping that the 40fps mode would be coming out so that they could still maintain a higher resolution.

hopefully that's close.

Edited by jehurey
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah, the 60fps mode is now the preferred way to play. And I was even in a great spot to test the game before allowing the patch to install, to see how it looked before the patch, and how much it improves with the patch. Even the 30fps fidelity mode feel more "stable" and in 60fps mode, the trees out in the distance have absolutely no shimmer or jutteriness. Really impressive patch.

But I was hoping that the 40fps mode would be coming out so that they could still maintain a higher resolution.

hopefully that's close.

The you clearly have no preferred way to play it, since you haven't and it's sitting in its case gathering dust like your PS5 :mj: 

Just now, Remij said:

The you clearly have no preferred way to play it, since you haven't and it's sitting in its case gathering dust like your PS5 :mj: 

No, I had been playing it in FIdelity mode since the beginning.

And you clearly are butthurt are me..........for about 3 years now.:drake:

Its so funny that I live rent free in your head at all times........you really couldn't help yourself if your life depended on it.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, I had been playing it in FIdelity mode since the beginning.

And you clearly are butthurt are me..........for about 3 years now.:drake:

Its so funny that I live rent free in your head at all times........you really couldn't help yourself if your life depended on it.

No you haven't.  LOL  You dropped it and started playing things like Telling Lies, Unraveled Two, and GTA5... :mj: 

Next thing you're going to say is that you've been waiting for the 40fps mode to play it :lawl: 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

No you haven't.  LOL  You dropped it and started playing things like Telling Lies, Unraveled Two, and GTA5... :mj:

LOL he's really butthurt.

he hasn'tbeen playing any games, and watching me:drake:

oh man, he's going to melt down, just on this alone.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

For @Remij since I know he loves purty textures. 

BC94B6B6-7CF8-4426-9109-D7048326194B.jpeg

Yea it looks incredible with all the detail.

The shimmering in the DF video was really distracting from the previous versions.  It's awesome they fixed it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The performance is like butter. Better late than never, right? It will look stunning when it’s inevitably ported to PC. 

Yea, on PC with Ultrawide, DLSS, and higher settings it's gonna look awesome. :wow2: 

• aitch 1