In here let's post Steam NextFest game demos and link them

7 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Yeah I think Cat lady was lightning in a bottle because I didn't think Downfall was as good (I actually preferred the original). The guy sure knows how to write an interesting game though. Definitely all still worth owning.

I played the Downfall remake and didn't get very far into it, it just didn't grab my attention like Cat Lady.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I played the Downfall remake and didn't get very far into it, it just didn't grab my attention like Cat Lady.

Try the original. The artwork and story was better imo. Its shorter too I think.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Let me know when you're ready to game on steam, ill give you my own list of games I liked that I think you would also enjoy :wow2:

Will do man! It should be by the end of July/early august. Damn supply strain.

• Upvote 2

Midnight Fight Express is pretty dope. Good 3d brawler with a mix of Arkham and Double Dragon combat. The production is fun mix of amateur (lead character model is lol) and impressive (good gamepad support, RPG upgrades). The demo is 3/40 levels, which id definitely check out. I'm a sucker for isometric 3d action.

• Like 1

So far I've tried..

Agent 64 - its Goldeneye inspired but made by amateurs in Unity and it shows. If the price was right I'd probably try it.

Ripout - kind of like Borderlands meets Doom 3 a little bit. Very rough around the edges though. Premise is kind of interesting.

Selaco - Its a gzdoom game inspired by fear. Challenging but I love boomer shooters so will probably get this. I think the levels are a little big though, it has that bad aspect of boomer shooters where you spend 5 mins shooting things and having fun and 10 mins backtracking trying to find the damn door/item you need.

Going to try more this weekend when I have more time.

• Upvote 1
On 2022-06-14 at 8:27 PM, JonbX said:

This is mostly all trash

You're just mad because the demos aren't hidden behind a paywall :jonb: Go hype Crapdown 4 fgt

Edited by TLHBO

Played through a couple demos

Agent 64 - I liked this. Its extremely faithful to the original Goldeneye and feels good to play with modern controls. Nostalgia is clearly a big part of its appeal but at the same time nobody makes shooters like this so it feels kind of fresh.

Signalis - I always thought this looked cool so its no surprised that I enjoyed the demo. Everything about this game's visual style and atmosphere is slick, but its also got the classic gameplay loop that you'd expect to see in a survival horror game. This is definitely one of my most anticipated games at the moment and the best of the demos i've played so far.

Anger Foot - Its basically a simplified version of Hotline Miami in first person. Im not sure if it'll get repetitive the demo was fun and I liked its fast paced vibe

Nine Sols - I checked this out because its from the studio that made Detention and Devotion. I couldn't really get into it though, its very slow to start (the demo is from the game's prologue which is very story focused) and even when I did get to the combat, it didn't feel that engaging.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Played through a couple demos

Agent 64 - I liked this. Its extremely faithful to the original Goldeneye and feels good to play with modern controls. Nostalgia is clearly a big part of its appeal but at the same time nobody makes shooters like this so it feels kind of fresh.

Signalis - I always thought this looked cool so its no surprised that I enjoyed the demo. Everything about this game's visual style and atmosphere is slick, but its also got the classic gameplay loop that you'd expect to see in a survival horror game. This is definitely one of my most anticipated games at the moment and the best of the demos i've played so far.

Anger Foot - Its basically a simplified version of Hotline Miami in first person. Im not sure if it'll get repetitive the demo was fun and I liked its fast paced vibe

Nine Sols - I checked this out because its from the studio that made Detention and Devotion. I couldn't really get into it though, its very slow to start (the demo is from the game's prologue which is very story focused) and even when I did get to the combat, it didn't feel that engaging.

I was going to post that game originally, but I had the same feelings towards it that you did.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Remij said:

I was going to post that game originally, but I had the same feelings towards it that you did.

Yeah its unfortunate because the art style is gorgeous and the idea of a 2D game with Sekiro-like combat is interesting, but it doesn't execute on that idea well enough.

Tried some more

anger foot
backfirewall
gehinnom
gloomwood
gunsmith simulator
moonscars
project wunderwaffe
signalis
sker
trepang2

Gunsmith was about what you would expect. I'm in the mood for a game like this but I don't think this will be the one, cooking sim looks better.

project wunderwaffe could be interesting but I didn't really know what I WAS DOING.

Gloomwood is pretty good, it's from the makers of Dusk. It's very Thief inspired with a retro look like Dusk.

Trepang2 - Where the fuck did this come from :whew: it's like a sequel to F.E.A.R. Looks great, bullet time, visceral combat. Definitely my favourite game so far.

Signalis looks pretty interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of games like these but would probably pick this up eventually in a sale.

Wasn't really feeling the rest to be honest.

Trepang 2, Selaco and Gloomwood I think I will end up buying.

can someone explain to me where the demos are? steam store page navigation doesn't show anything. 

moonscars looks dope. kinda crazy that 2d sidescrollers never get old - there have been so many indie ones recently and I love it :aitch: 

also yea gotta play catlady and all those too, has been on my list for years

• Like 1

Gloomwood - This was neat. I thought it would be another boomer shooter but its nothing like that. The gameplay reminded me a bit of Deus Ex mixed with Half Life

Trepang 2 - I appreciate just how much this game tries to be FEAR and while the gameplay is fun, it definitely does have the vibe of being a lackluster imitation in many ways. FEAR's gameplay exceled not just because of the cool slow-mo gunplay, but because of how good the level design and AI were, but both of those aspects are pretty mediocre here. Its also missing the atmosphere and storytelling which separated FEAR from every other action FPS. Overall im still interested in the full game but this does feel a bit too ambitious for its own good.

they got Kaci for the demo event? she used to play a big role in dota 2 internationals the past few years. holy shit valve is amazing. and this demo event owns

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT698RDeMexpttmFyExtsR

seriously i love her, she's such a goof and made every dota 2 event more fun bringing out the best in some of the more awkward players in interviews. I'm so glad to see her still close with valve in this event. 

EGS anyone? .... :dead: 

Edited by kaz

I didn't get far enough to recommend it, but Ozark has surprisingly good production for an indie game. It's a 3rd person shooter from a mostly 2.5d perspective. Aiming is a little wonky and enemy AI is really shit, but I still kinda liked the first 15 minutes.