Tess' character model in TLOU: Part 1 compared to the original

Look at the massive difference in character model quality, animation quality, effects quality... my lord it's a huge leap.

And don't forget... those scenes in the original/remaster were all pre-rendered in-engine videos which were touched up.. not running in real-time like the new version :smoke: 

• aitch 2
  • Remij changed the title to Tess' character model in TLOU: Part 1 compared to the original
20 minutes ago, Cooke said:

they made her look older.  Looks like a grandma now, not sure why they made that design choice. 

No.. she looks her age.  She's in her 40s...  They made that choice because it was the right thing to do.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

She looks awesome.  She looked younger than what she probably should have in the original, based on what we know her age range is.

What a massive difference though.

i couldn't agree more.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i couldn't agree more.

Yea it's huge.  I hope we get a "The making of" for this remake, because I'd love to see into the process of evolving and recreating the characters like that.  

Can't wait to see some of the other characters in more detail too. 

• aitch 1
Just now, Remij said:

Yea it's huge.  I hope we get a "The making of" for this remake, because I'd love to see into the process of evolving and recreating the characters like that.  

Can't wait to see some of the other characters in more detail too. 

same bro! i wasn't crazy about this remake, at first. however, i love what i'm seeing it.

• aitch 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So are their comparisons of the environments? The differences probably won't be as drastic with them.

Yea, there are, and yea they aren't as drastic at a glance.

The-Last-of-Us-Part-1-PS5-vs-The-Last-of

But if you look at the actual details and materials, they're on the level of TLOU2... which obviously is a jump up.

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 2
3 hours ago, Remij said:
Look at the massive difference in character model quality, animation quality, effects quality... my lord it's a huge leap.

And don't forget... those scenes in the original/remaster were all pre-rendered in-engine videos which were touched up.. not running in real-time like the new version :smoke: 

:aitch: Amazing work from Naughty Gods. 

Actually the scenes in the remaster on PS4 weren’t pre-rendered, it’s only the scenes in the original PS3 version that were pre-rendered videos because the PS3 couldn’t handle the models in real-time.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:aitch: Amazing work from Naughty Gods. 

Actually the scenes in the remaster on PS4 weren’t pre-rendered, it’s only the scenes in the original PS3 version that were pre-rendered videos because the PS3 couldn’t handle the models in real-time.

Really?  They changed them to real-time for the PS5 remaster? 

For some reason I thought they re-rendered the scenes in higher res and kept them pre-rendered.  Didn't know that.

• Like 1