Square Enix event today FF7 25th Anniversary celebration

Link to the SquareEnix event

Starts in about 1.5h from now.  Expecting Part 2 information and there's rumors of Crisis Core remake as well for all platforms.

Edited by Remij
  • Remij changed the title to Square Enix event today FF7 25th Anniversary celebration

people think they will remake crisis core too? and it will be revealed? I remember i played maybe 1/3 of it then dropped it, i couldn't get into it

Just now, kaz said:

people think they will remake crisis core too? and it will be revealed? I remember i played maybe 1/3 of it then dropped it, i couldn't get into it

Yea, basically the insider "The Snitch" who has like 100% track record (people think he's a youtube employee that sees the trailers/events uploaded before they go live) posted a gif of Zack from FF7R, and posted the colors of the different console platforms and PC, signifying that it's coming to all platforms.

Might not be Crisis Core remake exactly.. but that's what it strongly implies.

Pretty sure it was just called FFVII: Rebirth Remij?

Anyway, pretty fucking short trailer that gave nothing away other than confirming it’s not actually a remake at all and it’s actually more of a sort of a sequel to FFVII set on the same timeline in a parallel universe which is what they pulled with the original remake. I also fully expect them to release part 3 in 2027 which will be 30 years after the original (I’ll be 37 years old which is quite depressing). 

Also what the fuck is with square employees and there weird fashion sense. Games/pop culture t-shirt with smart blazer? OK. 

1 minute ago, Cell said:

Pretty sure it was just called FFVII: Rebirth Remij?

Anyway, pretty fucking short trailer that gave nothing away other than confirming it’s not actually a remake at all and it’s actually more of a sort of a sequel to FFVII set on the same timeline in a parallel universe which is what they pulled with the original remake. I also fully expect them to release part 3 in 2027 which will be 30 years after the original (I’ll be 37 years old which is quite depressing). 

Also what the fuck is with square employees and there weird fashion sense. Games/pop culture t-shirt with smart blazer? OK. 

Yea, but I just wanted to be clear that it was the actual part 2 and not some new thing lol.. 

Yea, we'll have to see where it goes, but it looks pretty damn incredible visually.  I guess this also confirms that it's next gen only?  No PS4 anywhere to be seen so that's something.

And breh.. I'm 38 right now... talk about depressing indeed.  Part 3 will probably come in 2025.  They've already started work on Part 3 Nomura said. (Probably 2027 for PC though :pavarotti:... so I might not ever play this shit to completion lol)

• Thanks 1

The Crisis Core remake looks good but it looks like they didn't do anything to the combat. It was far too repetitive in the original and likely doesn't hold up compared to other action RPGs

FF7R part 2 looks phenomenal :wow2: I wonder if they're sticking with UE4 or are updating it to use UE5

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, but I just wanted to be clear that it was the actual part 2 and not some new thing lol.. 

Yea, we'll have to see where it goes, but it looks pretty damn incredible visually.  I guess this also confirms that it's next gen only?  No PS4 anywhere to be seen so that's something.

And breh.. I'm 38 right now... talk about depressing indeed.  Part 3 will probably come in 2025.  They've already started work on Part 3 Nomura said. (Probably 2027 for PC though :pavarotti:... so I might not ever play this shit to completion lol)

They started work on part 2 before part 1 was out, although perhaps COVID has slowed things down.

18 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

No FF7R for LBox, TLHBFR :mroff:

It's weird that Crisis Core Reunion is coming to Xbox and Switch... but they still haven't announced Remake for Xbox lol..  The exclusivity is up, unless Sony has full console exclusivity for the 3 part remakes?  

A lot of lems were sure the announcement was coming today too :hest: 

But it's alright because the game sucks dick anyway :romantears:

4 hours ago, Remij said:

I feel like you are right about part 3 - and I hope I will be able to play the game in its entirety then. tbh I was never a fan of a remake just like you Remij, I will still replay the og FF7. But after all I have seen I have to admit i'm excited to play a different version of FF7. I mean I'm not a graphics whore but seeing the FF7 universe come to life like that is something else. I don't even mind if they change the plot slightly 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kaz said:

I feel like you are right about part 3 - and I hope I will be able to play the game in its entirety then. tbh I was never a fan of a remake just like you Remij, I will still replay the og FF7. But after all I have seen I have to admit i'm excited to play a different version of FF7. I mean I'm not a graphics whore but seeing the FF7 universe come to life like that is something else. I don't even mind if they change the plot slightly 

Yea, I mean I have no issues with the visuals of the games.  It's spectacular.. but they're just messing with shit needlessly IMO.. but you're right.. seeing it in a different light is interesting.  I'll no doubt be suckered into playing the rest of them, just to see how far they'll go with this lunacy.. but I will not enjoy it to the same degree.

Who knows though, maybe they have some crazy thing that changes my outlook on the entire thing... but I sincerely doubt it.

But yea, who knows when this damn thing will be done...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, I mean I have no issues with the visuals of the games.  It's spectacular.. but they're just messing with shit needlessly IMO.. but you're right.. seeing it in a different light is interesting.  I'll no doubt be suckered into playing the rest of them, just to see how far they'll go with this lunacy.. but I will not enjoy it to the same degree.

Who knows though, maybe they have some crazy thing that changes my outlook on the entire thing... but I sincerely doubt it.

But yea, who knows when this damn thing will be done...

dude it takes some kind of strength to let go. I know the OG will forever be the game I grew up with. Nothing can top that, all the memories, nostalgia etc.  and we will replay this piece of art forever. 

I just come to terms with the impact of that remake. it makes sense to me that they try something new and even change the story. It's like you can see it as two separate projects once the remake is finished.

OG VS Remake

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

dude it takes some kind of strength to let go. I know the OG will forever be the game I grew up with. Nothing can top that, all the memories, nostalgia etc.  and we will replay this piece of art forever. 

I just come to terms with the impact of that remake. it makes sense to me that they try something new and even change the story. It's like you can see it as two separate projects once the remake is finished.

OG VS Remake

The thing about that is..... well, I don't want to spoil anything for you.. but let's just say I have a strong reason to believe that what is going to happen in the next two games, strongly intertwines with the OG in more ways than previously thought.. to the point where I simply wont be able to accept the entire series as anything other than this new FF7 meta that they've created.

I'm tainted forever I think :mjcry:

Spoiler

I’m thinking all 3 games are different universes but the same sort of stuff as the original. Aerith knows though and can sense the other universes. Just my guess though. :obama:

5 minutes ago, Ike said:
Spoiler

I’m thinking all 3 games are different universes but the same sort of stuff as the original. Aerith knows though and can sense the other universes. Just my guess though. :obama:

Spoiler that shit homie lol