Playstation Store removing purchased movies from Studio Canal

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1657022591

As of August 31, 2022, due to our evolving licensing agreements with content providers, you will no longer be able to view your previously purchased Studio Canal content and it will be removed from your video library.

We greatly appreciate your continued support.

Thank you

PlayStation Store

Ruh roh.

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

lemmings have already been saying that owning nothing is a good thing, for a while now.

You're not the type of person who would notice Sony taking things away from you... since you never play/watch them :lawl::lawl:

• dead 1
Just now, Remij said:

You're not the type of person who would notice Sony taking things away from you... since you never play/watch them :lawl::lawl:

LOL his butthurt about me continues.

Steam literally took away hardware specs from your steam deck:kaz::kaz::kaz:

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

Scumny :mj:

We're taking this stuff you bought away.  

We greatly appreciate your continued support!

:rofls: :rofl:

I mean if you don't have a physical copy, all you own is a digital key for access that can be taken away with changed streaming rights. That's the trade off with digital purchases. 

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL his butthurt about me continues.

Steam literally took away hardware specs from your steam deck:kaz::kaz::kaz:

No they didn't.  Mine is the same one I purchased. :tom:

But i know Steam could take away your entire computer and you wouldn't even realize :kaz:

5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I mean if you don't have a physical copy, all you own is a digital key for access that can be taken away with changed streaming rights. That's the trade off with digital purchases. 

If they took them away for no reason I would just download cracked versions of the games I owned.  It's that simple for me on PC anyway.

Edited by Remij
29 minutes ago, Remij said:

No they didn't.  Mine is the same one I purchased. :tom:

But i know Steam could take away your entire computer and you wouldn't even realize :kaz:

I love how he keeps on trying the same joke that never connects, but he really believes it does.

LOL and yes steam did take away your specs without even telling you.

and as for taking away your pc games............well, you didn't have any to begin with:lawl::lawl:I can't make fun of what you never had to begin with. LOL

1 hour ago, Remij said:

If they took them away for no reason I would just download cracked versions of the games I owned.  It's that simple for me on PC anyway.

I assume people can find the Hunger Games series as well. Hell, they can probably stream them legally. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I assume people can find the Hunger Games series as well. Hell, they can probably stream them legally. 

Sure.  If Sony takes away things unwarranted from paying customers, they should take other means to acquire what they've legally purchased.

To be fair about what you said before about physical and digital, they can do it with physical games at any time as well.  Your disc is nothing more than digital data on plastic.. the disc contains a key which the firmware recognizes as authentic so it can even boot up in the first place.  They could easily push out an update under the radar that requires any game to instead authenticate that key with their servers instead of the firmware, and if it doesn't you lose access to it.  You'd then have to hunt down a console with an old firmware to play your games.

They can fuck us any way they want already... physical or digital..  Physical game purists who think they are immune are sadly mistaken.

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I have games on my steam collection that aren't available on the store anymore. Not sure if that's a store policy for all the games though, probably not but it is possible.

Edited by Ramza