Skull and Bones gameplay overview

Looks alright but this explains nothing about the game's structure. Is there a story? is it purely an exploration/survival game where you just grind away to gain resources and improve your ship for the PvP aspect? I still have so many questions.

fuckin' finally.

but the logo kinda implies that they've removed the association with Assassin's Creed, and even though its pirates and wooden boats and old fashioned canons, it almost feels like it doesn't want to be seen as a historical period type of setting.

It looks like a case of them overthinking the game's features, and possibly adding too much unnecessary shit.

Like I want there to be a Dope Wars type of goods economy, where some items are selling hotter in specific places, and you assign a ship to do deliveries.  And there better be a damn good series of treasure quests that feel clever and rewarding.

50 minutes ago, Ike said:

I think Ubisoft was in too deep with this or had some contractural reason because this game should have been cancelled a long time ago. :mjgrin:

I believe they actually did have some contractual obligation with the government for this game lol

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I believe they actually did have some contractual obligation with the government for this game lol

I’d rather play SoT than this trash. :kaz: 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Ike said:

I’d rather play SoT than this trash. :kaz: 

SoT is actually an awesome and very well designed game, no lie at all.  It nails the gameplay aspect by having just enough mechanics to make for fun and interesting gameplay, while being simple and not overloading the player will monotonous bullshit.  It absolutely shits on this trash, and looks way better too.

SoT is :smoke: 

20 hours ago, Remij said:

SoT is actually an awesome and very well designed game, no lie at all.  It nails the gameplay aspect by having just enough mechanics to make for fun and interesting gameplay, while being simple and not overloading the player will monotonous bullshit.  It absolutely shits on this trash, and looks way better too.

SoT is :smoke: 

I gotta give that another try on my new PC. It was crashing my vid card on my old one.

• Like 1
On 2022-07-07 at 10:16 PM, Remij said:

If it's from the Ubisoft QC or Ubisoft MTL then it most likely is. Same thing for most Canadian games actually. There's plenty of Goverment backed programs for financing purposes in the video games market. I mean it has been a booming economy here for the past two decades, creates high paying jobs and products that goes on to sell million of copies worldwide and bring back some serious profits. It's a good thing. They only wish the music and movie industries in Canada were half as popular, they invest roughly as much money in them but generally gets jack shit in return. lol 

As a kid I grew up dreaming of working in the video game industry and the thought of doing that in my province was nothing but a joke. Ubisoft Montreal only became big after the success of the first Splinter Cell and that was like in what, 2002? Things have come a long way since. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Ramza said:

If it's from the Ubisoft QC or Ubisoft MTL then it most likely is. Same thing for most Canadian games actually. There's plenty of Goverment backed programs for financing purposes in the video games market. I mean it has been a booming economy here for the past two decades, creates high paying jobs and products that goes on to sell million of copies worldwide and bring back some serious profits. It's a good thing. They only wish the music and movie industries in Canada were half as popular, they invest roughly as much money in them but generally gets jack shit in return. lol 

As a kid I grew up dreaming of working in the video game industry and the thought of doing that in my province was nothing but a joke. Ubisoft Montreal only became big after the success of the first Splinter Cell and that was like in what, 2002? Things have come a long way since. 

Yea it's true for Canada, but this game is actually developed by Ubisoft Singapore, so it's contract is with the Singaporean government.

It's typical of Ubisoft though to get funding from governments in every single country they operate in.  

And yea, governments like ours do it to bolster tech sectors in big and growing cities in an effort to stem the flow of talent to the US.

Just now, Remij said:

Yea it's true for Canada, but this game is actually developed by Ubisoft Singapore, so it's contract is with the Singaporean government.

It's typical of Ubisoft though to get funding from governments in every single country they operate in.  

And yea, governments like ours do it to bolster tech sectors in big and growing cities in an effort to stem the flow of talent to the US.

I didn't even knew Ubisoft Singapore actually made games on their own. 

On 2022-07-07 at 6:06 PM, jehurey said:

fuckin' finally.

but the logo kinda implies that they've removed the association with Assassin's Creed, and even though its pirates and wooden boats and old fashioned canons, it almost feels like it doesn't want to be seen as a historical period type of setting.

It looks like a case of them overthinking the game's features, and possibly adding too much unnecessary shit.

Like I want there to be a Dope Wars type of goods economy, where some items are selling hotter in specific places, and you assign a ship to do deliveries.  And there better be a damn good series of treasure quests that feel clever and rewarding.

😄