Angry Lemshits attacking Geoff Keighley on Twitter because they are already scared GOW: Ragnarok is gonna win GOTY 2022 (TLHBFR!)

so there was like a 5 year gap between God of War Ascension, and the new God of War.

and that was redesigning a large part of how the game works, and obviously making significant upgrades to the game's engine, and the whole streaming mission design, and completely integrating the mo-cap performances from the ground up.

And now, this game is like a 4.5 year gap between the 2018 game and the new game.

So obviously they would've suffered some sort of slowdown because of COVID, but alot of their tools are in place, I'm pretty certain their mo-cap tools are already in place, and probably improved.

Wouldn't surprise me if they have better mo-cap performances. And with previous God of War sequels, they definitely do try to wow with bigger sequences.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

let's be honest, neither elden ring or god of war would exist if it weren't for botw influence

elden ring got my casual ass to not only beat it, but get that platinum. it's my goty. on a narrative level, nothing will top AI Somnium Nirvanna

9 realms and I reckon they will be a lot bigger in scope than 2018 where they only just started dabbling in open segments   Not sure they will match Elden Ring, but the game before Elden Rin

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

so there was like a 5 year gap between God of War Ascension, and the new God of War.

and that was redesigning a large part of how the game works, and obviously making significant upgrades to the game's engine, and the whole streaming mission design, and completely integrating the mo-cap performances from the ground up.

And now, this game is like a 4.5 year gap between the 2018 game and the new game.

So obviously they would've suffered some sort of slowdown because of COVID, but alot of their tools are in place, I'm pretty certain their mo-cap tools are already in place, and probably improved.

Wouldn't surprise me if they have better mo-cap performances. And with previous God of War sequels, they definitely do try to wow with bigger sequences.

Thing is, GOW 2018 wasn't really a 5 year game. I believe it was more like 3-4. SSM were making a new IP and then it got canned. By the time they unveiled the game at E3 2016 that is all they had developed for the game.

Most of the development was focused on the 18-24 months after that

GOW Ragnarok has a similar length of development but much more focus on content than reinventing the wheel

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

elden ring got my casual ass to not only beat it, but get that platinum. it's my goty. on a narrative level, nothing will top AI Somnium Nirvanna :wow2:

yep I still think it's insane that you got hooked this time and actually spent time on the game.

I'm not a souls pro myself but I always preached they are all doable and tbh most souls guys agree that exploration is the rewarding experience and the combat is just the cherry on top.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

wait a minute, didn't keighley keep the fan vote for their game of the year open right up until Halo Infinite's release date, so that a whole bunch of Xbox fanboys can go and vote for the game on the very day of release?

Yes he did but they don't remember that because they know that award was a bullshit award and months later Halo is dead :sabu:

8 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yes he did but they don't remember that because they know that award was a bullshit award and months later Halo is dead :sabu:

also, if you notice, the xbox fanboys on neogaf are now starting to criticize the special edition for having a digital code of the game and not a disc.

they've now shifted their God of War hate over to the special edition........concern trolling on behalf of others, when in reality they're looking for anything to try and bash the game.

because talking about God of War is the ONLY THING lemmings are going to be doing for the second half of 2022.:drake:

remember lemmings on this forum losing their shit badly over Gran Turismo for like 4 to 6 weeks after launch?

GoW 2 is easily going to be 8 weeks after launch. They will still be making threads talking about it.

• Geese 1
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

also, if you notice, the xbox fanboys on neogaf are now starting to criticize the special edition for having a digital code of the game and not a disc.

they've now shifted their God of War hate over to the special edition........concern trolling on behalf of others, when in reality they're looking for anything to try and bash the game.

because talking about God of War is the ONLY THING lemmings are going to be doing for the second half of 2022.:drake:

remember lemmings on this forum losing their shit badly over Gran Turismo for like 4 to 6 weeks after launch?

GoW 2 is easily going to be 8 weeks after launch. They will still be making threads talking about it.

Jerky putting more effort into monitoring lemmings on NeoGAF talking about God of War than he has playing it! LOL  That goes for Ragnarok too :lawl: 

Great work! Thanks for the update Derpy! :tom: 

Edited by Remij
9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Jerky putting more effort into monitoring lemmings

you have absolutely credibility to lecture others on this subject.

you talk more about me, than video games..........in general.

that probably has to do more with xbox and pc not having anything remotely new.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

you have absolutely credibility to lecture others on this subject.

you talk more about me, than video games..........in general.

that probably has to do more with xbox and pc not having anything remotely new.

:drake: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

:drake: 

yup, didn't notice a denial there.

not to mention you literally proved it, by bringing me up again in the other forum.

perfect timing with that one, genius. LOL

19 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Games reviewers are biased towards movie games, because they want their fake career to be taken more seriously.

That being said I will play this in 2-3 years much better version. 200fps at 4k on ultra.

I'm going to get it for PS4 since I have one.  Then I'll trade it in for some Steam gift cards and get the best version on PC when it releases  :blessed: 

5 hours ago, Substatic said:

That being said I will play this in 2-3 years

:kaz:he literally pretends to look down on the game.......and then admits he has nothing else, so he'll definitely be playing it

332971254_7HboNSzlY2ncCM8lNYqywdeToDc.gif.1fc57a57f9ece3a3067a95156d799634.gif

• dead 1
6 hours ago, Substatic said:

Games reviewers are biased towards movie games, because they want their fake career to be taken more seriously.

That being said I will play this in 2-3 years much better version. 200fps at 4k on ultra.

More like 4 to 5 years and by that time PS6 will be out and people would have already finished the new IP from SSM and moved on while you will be pretending to be super hyped for a 5 year old last gen game :mj:

Look, I get it, PC gaming is awesome and that’s why I’ll be building a new rig with a 4080 or 4090 as soon as Nvidia drop the new cards this year but It’s an L pretending to hate SONY games for years only to start salivating and begging for them years later after they release. I’m not spending  close to $3000 on a PC to play old console ports. I don’t understand you port beggars sometimes. What’s the point of pretending to hate Sony games and then begging for them later? Makes you clowns look  like pathetic bottom feeders waiting for scraps  :cruise:

Edited by FIREPOWER
10 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

More like 4 to 5 years and by that time PS6 will be out and ppl will be trying to play the new IP from SSM while you will be pretending to be hyped for playing a 5 year old game :mj:

Look, I get it, PC gaming is awesome and that’s why I’ll be building a new rig with a 4080 or 4090 as soon as Nvidia drop the new cards this year but It’s an L pretending to hate SONY games for years only to start salivating and begging for them years later after they release. I’m not spending  close to $3000 on a PC to play old console ports. I don’t understand you port beggars sometimes. What’s the point of pretending to hate Sony games and then begging for them later? Makes you clowns look  like pathetic bottom feeders waiting for scraps  :cruise:

Exactly... and neither did we.  That simple fact simply means we can dump consoles once and for all.  :reg: 

Look FIREPOWER... it's as simple as this.  Every fucking cow and sheep and lemming hurl insults at each other saying "Your games suck, and I can play your games on PC, I don't need your shitty console".. as ownage.  They also cry to Sony and Microsoft saying "Why do I need your console if you're going to release your exclusives on PC?" as reasons why it's stupid and that it will ruin their business...

Basically... console owners completely and fully comprehend that PC is the better platform..  You're buying a console not to play an exclusive game... you're now buying a console to essentially "play it first"... LOL  And that is dwindling away quickly.  No PC gamer gives A. SINGLE. FUCK... because that's NOT why we love and play on this platform. :geese: 

Edited by Remij
10 minutes ago, Remij said:

Exactly... and neither did we.  That simple fact simply means we can dump consoles once and for all.  :reg: 

Look FIREPOWER... it's as simple as this.  Every fucking cow and sheep and lemming hurl insults at each other saying "Your games suck, and I can play your games on PC, I don't need your shitty console".. as ownage.  They also cry to Sony and Microsoft saying "Why do I need your console if you're going to release your exclusives on PC?" as reasons why it's stupid and that it will ruin their business...

Basically... console owners completely and fully comprehend that PC is the better platform..  You're buying a console not to play an exclusive game... you're now buying a console to essentially "play it first"... LOL  And that is dwindling away quickly.  No PC gamer gives A. SINGLE. FUCK... because that's NOT why we love and play on this platform. :geese: 

How is it dwindling away? Sony still releases all their games on consoles first. Speak for Xbox lol.

All I see is butthurt Hermits desperately shitting on console games for years and then begging to play them half a decade later. This shit wouldn’t be bad if people didn’t waste their energy trying to downplay Sony’s games. The games are either great and worthy of praise when they come out or they are shit and not deserving of your time. You can’t have it both ways.

I see  a lot of hypocrisy and Fraudery from hardcore Hermits on this site and the internet. The core gameplay and graphics of these games don’t suddenly change when they come to PC especially in the case of PS5 games that already support 4K and 120fps nowadays. You can’t pretend they are shit at launch but then get fake hyped when Sony announces they are coming to PC 5 years later, makes you guys look like clowns :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
6 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

How is it dwindling away? Sony still releases all their games on consoles first. Speak for Xbox lol.

All I see is butthurt Hermits desperately shitting on console games for years and then begging to play them half a decade later. This shit wouldn’t be bad if people didn’t waste their energy trying to downplay Sony’s games. The games are either great and worthy of praise when they come out or they are shit and not deserving of your time. You can’t have it both ways.

I see  a lot of hypocrisy and Fraudery from hardcore Hermits on this site and the internet. The core gameplay and graphics of these games don’t suddenly change when they come to PC especially in the case of PS5 games that already support 4K and 120fps nowadays. You can’t pretend they are shit at launch but then get fake hyped when Sony announces they are coming to PC 5 years later, makes you guys look like clowns :mj:

If you can't see how it's dwindling... you're in complete denial at this point.

The first announcement was buried deep in an interview on a tech site (Horizon: ZD)

The next was in the PS Blog (Days Gone)

Then one was revealed through an investor call which was later announced alongside a PS5 patch in a SoP (Uncharted 4/LL)

The next was announced in another State of Play on its own (Spider-Man/Miles Morales)

The latest was announced during major gaming event "Summer Game Fest" alongside the PS5 version (The Last of Us Part 1)

We already know PS5 games GT7, Returnal, and Sackboy are coming...  Those could announced and released at any time.

Sony has slowly and successfully accustomed Cows to accepting PC announcements on their main stages.  They're no longer "background talk" announced quietly counting on word of mouth... They're putting money into announcements now.

I'm telling you breh because I don't want you to be caught off guard.  This shit is happening faster than anyone ever thought it would. :blessed: 

41 minutes ago, Remij said:

I

We already know PS5 games GT7, Returnal, and Sackboy are coming...  Those could announced and released at any time.

More speculation garbage. Essentially you’ve got nothing at all.

None of this changes the fact that those games are years away possibly releasing next gen or at the end of this gen :mj:

Horizon Zero Dawn appeared on PC 4 years after PS4 launch and on the eve of Horizon Forbidden West’s launch. Spiderman is also 4 years old. I can give you Spiderman Miles Morales but that’s essentially a standalone story expansion to Spiderman and makes sense including it with a Spiderman release on PC since you get both when you pay $70 for Spiderman on PS5 anyway.

None of those games are PS5 games like Returnal and with the exception of Miles Morales they are all 4 to 6 years old PS4 games lol. Steam database hacks don’t mean shit and don’t tell us when they’ll be arriving on PC. You just pulled the PC release timetable from your ass. Sony hasn’t said anything officially about when they’ll be releasing PS5 games on PC or if it will be happening at all this gen.

I guess for port beggars any hope is better than no hope of them releasing on PC but for a gamer like me, I can’t base when I play games on hopes and dreams. Praying and waiting for console ports for half a decade is peasant behavior no matter how you spin it, and I refuse to do that :mjgrin:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

More speculation garbage. Essentially you’ve got nothing at all.

None if this changed the fact that those games are years away possibly releasing next gen or at the end of this gen :mj:

Horizon Zero Dawn appeared on PC 4 years after launch and on the eve of Horizon Forbidden West’s launch. Spiderman is also 4 years old. I can give you Spiderman Miles Morales but that’s essentially a standalone expansion to Spiderman and makes sense including it with a Spiderman release on PC since you get both on when you pay $70 for both on PS5 anyway.

None of those games are PS5 games like Returnal and with the exception of Miles Morales they are all 4 to 6 years old PS4 games lol. Steam database hacks don’t mean shit and don’t tell us when they’ll be arriving on PC. You just pulled the PC release timetable from your ass. Sony hasn’t said anything officially about when they’ll be releasing PS5 games on PC or if it will be happening at all this gen.

I guess for port beggars any hope is better than no hope of them releasing on PC but for a gamer like me, I can’t base when I play games on hopes and dreams. Praying and waiting for console ports for half a decade is peasant behavior no matter how you spin it, and I refuse to do that.

So you're in denial then.. lol

Look how quickly they're coming now man...  They're not porting "old" games... they're porting their BEST games...  Some happen to be 4 years old now...

Since 2020 there's already been HZD, Death Stranding, Days Gone, God of War, Uncharted 4, Uncharted LL, Spider-Man, Miles Morales, The Last of Us Part 1 (with GT7, Returnal, and Sackboy coming shortly) announced or already released...  They're pumping them out now... and they will run out of backlog games to port.. and when they do that... then their games begin releasing closer and closer to the PS5 versions.

LOL you keep telling yourself that everything is ok... but sorry... ignoring what's happening right in front of your face isn't going to help you.  TLOU Part 1 was LITERALLY FUCKING ANNOUNCED for PC... when it was for PS5 :drake: 

These are their BIGGEST games and best franchises they're pumping out.  Cows are being conditioned to accept it... and it's happening.  But there are still some like you who are completely blind to it.. (lol probably as a coping mechanism)

2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

More like 4 to 5 years and by that time PS6 will be out and people would have already finished the new IP from SSM and moved on while you will be pretending to be super hyped for a 5 year old last gen game :mj:

Nope.

Can't wait to play Gay of War at 200 fps 4K with nude Kratos mod :diddy: