Digital Foundry puts the steam deck through the docked experience test.

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

The dock doesn't change the capabilities of the deck, but they would be able to push the deck harder docked than they can in handheld. 

Valve already stated they focused on a handheld profile and there is currently no docked profile that pushes the deck further...again a design choice by valve. 

If you want to deny that and believe that they're pushing the deck 100% in handheld mode then by all means.. Stay delusional.. Lol

In handheld mode, you can stress the CPU/GPU to the point where the fan is blasting as fast and as loud as it gets. Overclocking further is just pushing it to thermal limits that aren't smart. I don't know what is difficult to understand here.  Even if there's some wiggle room to push it further, the positive impact on game performance isn't worth reducing the life of the system.

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

In handheld mode, you can stress the CPU/GPU to the point where the fan is blasting as fast and as loud as it gets. Overclocking further is just pushing it to thermal limits that aren't smart. I don't know what is difficult to understand here.  Even if there's some wiggle room to push it further, the positive impact on game performance isn't worth reducing the life of the system.

You're not pushing it beyond the set thresholds that vavle already put in place for it to operate in a mobile profile. 

If vavle does down the line decide to create a docked profile it will be a higher performing profile when docked than the mobile profile now that's also used when you currently connect the deck to a display. 

Stay in denial though. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You're not pushing it beyond the set thresholds that vavle already put in place for it to operate in a mobile profile. 

If vavle does down the line decide to create a docked profile it will be a higher performing profile when docked than the mobile profile now that's also used when you currently connect the deck to a display. 

Stay in denial though. 

The "denial" you're talking about is that the Deck is more capable than I'm saying. That's even better for me, I'm just being honest.

30 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Deck does what Switch don't.

play the game with more fog and considerably lesser image quality?

5FPsOoB.png

and also have instances in which the lighting  and an entire wall texture completely flickers and blacks out for a frame during gameplay?

x6BO6E.gif

on a horrible terrible and washed out cheap ass LCD screen, to boot?

Just now, sugarhigh said:

yes.

yes, its a lesser experience with glitches?

thanks for admitting.

you know its bad, when you can't respond to me, so you attempt the strategy of other, failed posters.

• NPC 1