As Dusk Falls get a 9.0 from GS

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

So far, it’s tense af. They don’t waste any time with the story either. I have made choices that have gotten me connected to two primary characters. @Twinblade needs to get on this! 

What is the gameplay like? Is it basically a supermassive game but with a different art style?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This game is actually pretty good 

The desperation.      Calling this AA movie game a AAA game LMAO!          

That actually sounds like a good year for xbox, normally its 6.0 and below until the annual Forza rehash comes along

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What is the gameplay like? Is it basically a supermassive game but with a different art style?

Yeah, but you can extend the duration of QTEs, in the settings, and it moves way faster. Also, there are a lot of choices, even early on. They aren’t clear either, in terms of what the outcome will be. Voice acting is excellent and the frame concept does a way better job at capturing expressions. Like…you can truly see fear in a character’s eyes. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, but you can extend the duration of QTEs, in the settings, and it moves way faster. Also, there are a lot of choices, even early on. They aren’t clear either, in terms of what the outcome will be. Voice acting is excellent and the frame concept does a way better job at capturing expressions. Like…you can truly see fear in a character’s eyes. 

Aight. Let us know when you finish it, if its still good then ill buy it.

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It’s on gamepass. $10. But yeah bro.

I keep on forgetting about Gamepass :meh: I bought Escape Academy for $20, before realizing again that it was on Gamepass. For just $10 I could have played both that and Dusk Falls.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I keep on forgetting about Gamepass :meh: I bought Escape Academy for $20, before realizing again that it was on Gamepass. For just $10 I could have played both that and Dusk Falls.

Yup. I downloaded both. And bro…I’ve seen every ending of chapter 1. It’s pretty wild how crazy shit can get. 

I made a dumb choice, but fuck it. I’m going to finish one playthrough before seeing the rest. 

i will say the daughter’s VA and sone of the dialog can be bad. The rest is pretty damn solid. 

@Twinblade @Remij a pretty dramatic scene just unfolded. It’s feeling more like a Telltale game than something like…Detroit. The acting and writing are…well…limited. Still, it’s enjoyable in a made-for-tv crime thriller kind of way. It did make a pretty great first impression, though. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade @Remij a pretty dramatic scene just unfolded. It’s feeling more like a Telltale game than something like…Detroit. The acting and writing are…well…limited. Still, it’s enjoyable in a made-for-tv crime thriller kind of way. It did make a pretty great first impression, though. 

Nice.

Yeah, I imagine the style they've chosen can probably impact how well certain emotions and events come across.

I'm still totally down for what you're describing.

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nice.

Yeah, I imagine the style they've chosen can probably impact how well certain emotions and events come across.

I'm still totally down for what you're describing.

It’s still enjoyable. Just think of a telltale game with way more choices. 

• Upvote 1