The Quarry is free on steam right now.

well its downloading it.

but it doesn't necessarily mean they gave me a game license to play it, right?

it just opened a window and then started going into selecting the downloading location. it didn't do anything like confirming a purchase.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

well its downloading it.

but it doesn't necessarily mean they gave me a game license to play it, right?

it just opened a window and then started going into selecting the downloading location. it didn't do anything like confirming a purchase.

Stop the download and it's in your library still. Same process as if you bought the game, which means you normally have the game license. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Stop the download and it's in your library still. Same process as if you bought the game, which means you normally have the game license. 

Yea, probably the intro part is free, and then they allow you to unlock the rest of the game if you purchase it.

It's basically what a lot episodic games do.  You download the whole damn thing, play the trial section, and then it prompts you for a purchase.  It stays in your account because they technically gave you the first part free.

When the game first launched they released the demo and it actually granted access to the full game.. then they removed it.  Presumably they fixed it, and now it's back.

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's the demo lol.

It's the full 45gb download and nothing says demo anywhere but I just did a quick internet search and it seems you're right, many people thought they got the game for free too but it's a trial demo of the full game. Sorry. :scared:  

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

OMG rush in and get this right now!

[its a demo]

:reg:

Looks like you gonna have to get a job this time if you want to afford it. :laff: 

10 hours ago, Ramza said:

Looks like you gonna have to get a job this time if you want to afford it. :laff: 

LOL he's angry that he looked like an idiot who thought he was HACKING A FREE GAME

no wonder he works in a kitchen. operating Steam is too advanced for him.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL he's angry that he looked like an idiot who thought he was HACKING A FREE GAME

no wonder he works in a kitchen. operating Steam is too advanced for him.

LMFAO you jumped on that shit quick as fuck when you thought that it was actually free!  :kaz: 

Who do you think you're kidding here?  You were the one who thought you were getting a free game for a min :lawl: 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMFAO you jumped on that shit quick as fuck when you thought that it was actually free!  :kaz: 

Who do you think you're kidding here?  You were the one who thought you were getting a free game for a min :lawl: 

LOL, this butthurt guy is trying to find anything for a victory, since I caught him melting down in the other thread.

So, he thinks I "jumped"............by clicking a link on this thread and then clicking another button.

:lawl:He's spent more effort crying in this post.

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, this butthurt guy is trying to find anything for a victory, since I caught him melting down in the other thread.

So, he thinks I "jumped"............by clicking a link on this thread and then clicking another button.

:lawl:He's spent more effort crying in this post.

LOL he jumped on it so fucking quick and was like YEP ITS DOWNLOADING!! :adhd:

Just now, Remij said:

LOL he jumped on it so fucking quick and was like YEP ITS DOWNLOADING!! :adhd:

yes, that's how a computer connected to the internet would behave.

LOL, oh man.........he thought he said something clever.

its gonna be fun watching him put in more work on this tangent...........which will prove how badly he's trying to seek a "w" :blessed:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes, that's how a computer connected to the internet would behave.

LOL, oh man.........he thought he said something clever.

its gonna be fun watching him put in more work on this tangent...........which will prove how badly he's trying to seek a "w" :blessed:

No that's how you behaved, in this thread specifically.

You jumped on it FUCKING INSTANTLY. :hest: 

Funny thing is I even know why you did it too.. LOL  It would make a great game for you and your play-date :omglol:

Just now, Remij said:

No that's how you behaved, in this thread specifically.

this is his response to me typing how a computer instantly begins to download :tom:

poor guy can't make a clever retort to save his life.

he's trying so hard, and swinging and missing.