The Last of Us PS5 Features and gameplay trailer

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

They already have a remaster on PS4. This is the second remaster, third version, of a 10 year old game. 

Guessing you have 3 copies of GTAV and Skyrim, too. 

Who would want to play a game… they’ve already played…for MORE MONEY than the original game sold for :D 

Yeah and the PS5 remake looks like a bigger jump than the PS4 remaster. It deserves this attention because it's the best example of the AAA game so far. It took the mantle from classics like Half Life 2 and Bioshock. And they're making an HBO TV show based on it. So yeah it earned PS4 and PS5 versions.

I got the PC versions of Skyrim and GTA so no rebuys there. But again, these are mega-hits. People continue to play them, spanning hardware generations.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Yeah and the PS5 remake looks like a bigger jump than the PS4 remaster. It deserves this attention because it's the best example of the AAA game so far. It took the mantle from classics like Half Life 2 and Bioshock. And they're making an HBO TV show based on it. So yeah it earned PS4 and PS5 versions.

I got the PC versions of Skyrim and GTA so no rebuys there. But again, these are mega-hits. People continue to play them, spanning hardware generations.

F5B09D98-7362-406F-8065-0E2B6DC95D77.jpeg.1c56ad0369a2e65703395fb0d3deb23c.jpeg

• dead 1
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

95 at MC. 7th highest rated game of the generation. :killzone: 

You see the other 7 with 3 versions in 9 years? 

GTA got dragged for it, so should this game. GTA also isn’t releasing for more money in 2022 than it cost at launch. 

Edited by ghostz
7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You see the other 7 with 3 versions in 9 years? 

GTA got dragged for it, so should this game. GTA also isn’t releasing for more money in 2022 than it cost at launch. 

That's a different argument altogether. I do agree than TLOU remake is unnecessary, it's simply too soon.

GTA is turning into a joke because all the kids only care about the online mode. This series is dead as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

That's a different argument altogether. I do agree than TLOU remake is unnecessary, it's simply too soon.

GTA is turning into a joke because all the kids only care about the online mode. This series is dead as far as I'm concerned. 

Imo the joke is that Rockstar can only make 0.5 games in a generation. Not that GTAV isn't great. Naughty Dog doesn't have this problem.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

Imo the joke is that Rockstar can only make 0.5 games in a generation. Not that GTAV isn't great. Naughty Dog doesn't have this problem.

Looking at the output for the PS2 era is insane from Rockstar. They're just so profitable from GTA:O that they probably don't have to put in the effort. Such a shame. I'd enjoy a new Bully or a new Manhunt. I wonder if they'll even make anything beyond GTA6 for this gen. Maybe RDR3? 

20 minutes ago, Ike said:

Looking at the output for the PS2 era is insane from Rockstar. They're just so profitable from GTA:O that they probably don't have to put in the effort. Such a shame. I'd enjoy a new Bully or a new Manhunt. I wonder if they'll even make anything beyond GTA6 for this gen. Maybe RDR3? 

I hear we will get a remake of rdr1 before 3. I really enjoyed 2 tho it was a bit slow. I’d still say it has the best graphics of any game 

21 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah I was blown away by this recently while testing out emulation on the Steam Deck. Ignoring everything else, they did a trilogy of mainline 3D gtas on PS2, and Vice City and San Andreas are still the most loved. Then 2 on PS3, and 0 on PS4. Crazy.

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I hear we will get a remake of rdr1 before 3. I really enjoyed 2 tho it was a bit slow. I’d still say it has the best graphics of any game 

A remake of RDR would be great, but there's always been rumors that the code is too shitty to port to modern systems. Apparently that's why there was never a PC version despite both consoles being kinda shit (PS3 esp).

Personally I just hate RDR2's overall feel. Walking around feels too slow. Shooting is all around atrocious, worse than GTA5. You either use the autoaim which often doesn't lock onto the right target, or free aim which this game is just not designed for. The real experience of playing it is somewhere in between where I'm constantly fighting against the lock-on.

Horseback also sucks. It has a similar schizophrenic aim-assist where the horse can flow freely through a forest full of trees, but then crash into a stump, breaking the horse's leg.

It's one of the best looking games, the story is pretty good, Arthur is an awesome protagonist, but damn it sucks to play.

The Last of Us Pt 2 is THE BEST AAA game so far.

49 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Yeah I was blown away by this recently while testing out emulation on the Steam Deck. Ignoring everything else, they did a trilogy of mainline 3D gtas on PS2, and Vice City and San Andreas are still the most loved. Then 2 on PS3, and 0 on PS4. Crazy.

To be fair they’ve put more content into gta online than just about any game ever made 

On 2022-07-22 at 2:40 AM, ghostz said:

So, a quick money grab. Also leaks indicate that there are no gameplay enhancements. 

giphy.gif

When Sony comes knocking with that sweet first party content. 

:aitch: