• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another one, the bangers keep on banging 

Might play on Deck.

they never ported Xenoblade Chronicles X to Switch, did they?   That's still a Wii U game.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I can't wait to see nerdmits go through an IT manual worth of troubleshooting steps to try and get this working on the deck :hest:

these people tried to lie about xenoblade chronicles x

and i went to the emulation website to find out the status of the game:

Known Issues

Brightness is too high

Sound issues

• Music and voices are too low compared to other sounds. Music volume can be adjusted with this workaround.
    • If this issue was an emulation error, it has been fixed by Cemu updates. However, I'm leaving the link since it is still useful, as there are no audio setting in-game.
    • Voices being overpowered by the comparatively louder music during cut scenes was a common issue in the original game on the Wii U.

Softlocks/Crashes

• When selecting the manual from the in game menu, you will be taken to a FrontierNav background page that is empty. There is no way to get out of this screen other than restarting Cemu.
    • The graphics pack "Change Time from eManual" will instead open the change time menu when selecting the manual, preventing a softlock.
    • The manual can be viewed online on the official Nintendo website here.
  • When selecting "Nintendo eShop" from the title screen, Cemu will be stuck on a black screen
  • When selecting "Return to title screen", the game may load infinitely.
  • When trying to send a friend a request to someone through the game, "Connecting. Please wait..." will be displayed indefinitely.
    • Friend functionality works if a friend is added on actual hardware, or through a dumped Friends List applet in Cemu
  • When joining an online mission from a recruitment notification, an error may appear.
    • This error might be in-game, in which case all is fine.
    • However it might also be a Cemu Err-Eula popup, which requires a restart of Cemu.
    • Sometimes this just crashes Cemu.
    • Sometimes it works fine.
  • On some systems, using "Separate GamePad View" causes Cemu to crash approx into 10-15 mins of playthrough, closing this and using only TAB or CTRL-TAB may solve this issue.
  • Cemu may occasionally crash during long play sessions. This seems to be completely random. (May be fixed in 1.20.X, May be caused by multi-core)

Texture/Graphic bugs

As of Cemu 1.20.2, all graphics issues are resolved, except:

• Some textures, primarily in NLA and on the foliage in Noctilum, will be corrupted or checkered at a distance.
    • For some reason this issue always goes away when you're close enough for the game to load the highest quality versions of textures. Because of this, the "Texture LOD Offset" graphics pack may help with this.
  • Light trails on cars and skells can randomly lag behind by a frame, causing small flickering.
  • The major flickering issue, mentioned below.
  • Occasionally shadows will be rendered significantly differently in a rectangle around the player. This might happen on actual hardware.
  • Occasionally a shadowy overlay appears over some geometry, following the camera. This seems to primarily happen in Noctilum. It tends to disappear when moving a significant distance, and is slight enough go potentially unnoticed.

Screen-Wide Flicker

There is a major issue where the entire screen will flicker with a combination of vertex explosions and corrupted UI elements. The Cemu team has confirmed that they are working on this.

• This seems to only occur on the Vulkan renderer
  • This issue is made worse and more common, but not caused by:
    • Certain in-game menus and UI elements
    • Resolution graphics packs
    • 60fps Patch graphics pack
  • It seems to be caused by some sort of scheduling issue. The appearance of this issue is linked to high CPU performance relative to GPU performance
  • It can be reduced or eliminated by:
    • Disabling mentioned graphics packs
    • Disabling UI elements through the in-game settings, especially the mini-map
    • Overclocking your GPU
    • Underclocking or otherwise limiting your CPU
Version OS Version Region CPU GPU Tester FPS Status Additional Notes
1.26.2f Windows 10 (21H1) USA AMD Ryzen 5 5600X NVIDIA RTX 3060 MarioLuigi0404 60 Playable Using Vulkan with experimental VSync can hold a near-perfect 60fps at 1080p, only experiencing minimal stuttering when compiling new shaders. However, the 60fps patch's movement speed corrections seem to cause a visual issue with the booster lights on Ares model Skells. (Video)

Update: After further playing, I have come across some more visual issues. These are unrelated to the 60fps patch, as I generally play without it. First, certain character models when playing in online mode will very briefly glitch out upon initial rendering. I've only seen this occur in the BLADE Barracks, and it is pretty rare. Second, and more importantly, Elma's true form seems to have some fairly major lighting issues. (Video)

these guys have never actually played emulated games on their pc.

they just try them out for an hour.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yes we have...

And even if that was the case... that's still more than you play any Playstation games :lawl: :omglol: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

And even if that was the case... that's still more than you play any Playstation games :lawl: :omglol: 

@Goukosan

giphy.gif

the funny part is how you can clearly see that he's going to attempt to say that "he planned on baiting me" with all of these instances of bringing up my psn profile.

and now that I've called it ahead of time..............his plan has completely failed:drake:

Just now, jehurey said:

@Goukosan

giphy.gif

the funny part is how you can clearly see that he's going to attempt to say that "he planned on baiting me" with all of these instances of bringing up my psn profile.

and now that I've called it ahead of time..............his plan has completely failed:drake:

Where did I bring up your PS profile? :drake: 

I don't need to look at your PS profile to know you're not playing games :tom:

And we all noticed you didn't disagree with me... because again it's the TRUTH. :smilecry:  

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Where did I bring up your PS profile? :drake: 

I don't need to look at your PS profile to know you're not playing games :tom:

And we all noticed you didn't disagree with me... because again it's the TRUTH. :smilecry:  

he's stammering because i foiled his entire plan that he's been planning all evening long

:tom:

Just now, Remij said:

Foiling my plan would be you playing a game for once :lul: 

he doesn't know what to type.........so his natural reflexes take over.

"talk about jerry's psn profile"

:lawl::lawl:

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

these people tried to lie about xenoblade chronicles x

Known Issues

Brightness is too high

Sound issues

• Music and voices are too low compared to other sounds. Music volume can be adjusted with this workaround.
    • If this issue was an emulation error, it has been fixed by Cemu updates. However, I'm leaving the link since it is still useful, as there are no audio setting in-game.
    • Voices being overpowered by the comparatively louder music during cut scenes was a common issue in the original game on the Wii U.

Softlocks/Crashes

• When selecting the manual from the in game menu, you will be taken to a FrontierNav background page that is empty. There is no way to get out of this screen other than restarting Cemu.
    • The graphics pack "Change Time from eManual" will instead open the change time menu when selecting the manual, preventing a softlock.
    • The manual can be viewed online on the official Nintendo website here.
  • When selecting "Nintendo eShop" from the title screen, Cemu will be stuck on a black screen
  • When selecting "Return to title screen", the game may load infinitely.
  • When trying to send a friend a request to someone through the game, "Connecting. Please wait..." will be displayed indefinitely.
    • Friend functionality works if a friend is added on actual hardware, or through a dumped Friends List applet in Cemu
  • When joining an online mission from a recruitment notification, an error may appear.
    • This error might be in-game, in which case all is fine.
    • However it might also be a Cemu Err-Eula popup, which requires a restart of Cemu.
    • Sometimes this just crashes Cemu.
    • Sometimes it works fine.
  • On some systems, using "Separate GamePad View" causes Cemu to crash approx into 10-15 mins of playthrough, closing this and using only TAB or CTRL-TAB may solve this issue.
  • Cemu may occasionally crash during long play sessions. This seems to be completely random. (May be fixed in 1.20.X, May be caused by multi-core)

Texture/Graphic bugs

As of Cemu 1.20.2, all graphics issues are resolved, except:

• Some textures, primarily in NLA and on the foliage in Noctilum, will be corrupted or checkered at a distance.
    • For some reason this issue always goes away when you're close enough for the game to load the highest quality versions of textures. Because of this, the "Texture LOD Offset" graphics pack may help with this.
  • Light trails on cars and skells can randomly lag behind by a frame, causing small flickering.
  • The major flickering issue, mentioned below.
  • Occasionally shadows will be rendered significantly differently in a rectangle around the player. This might happen on actual hardware.
  • Occasionally a shadowy overlay appears over some geometry, following the camera. This seems to primarily happen in Noctilum. It tends to disappear when moving a significant distance, and is slight enough go potentially unnoticed.

Screen-Wide Flicker

There is a major issue where the entire screen will flicker with a combination of vertex explosions and corrupted UI elements. The Cemu team has confirmed that they are working on this.

• This seems to only occur on the Vulkan renderer
  • This issue is made worse and more common, but not caused by:
    • Certain in-game menus and UI elements
    • Resolution graphics packs
    • 60fps Patch graphics pack
  • It seems to be caused by some sort of scheduling issue. The appearance of this issue is linked to high CPU performance relative to GPU performance
  • It can be reduced or eliminated by:
    • Disabling mentioned graphics packs
    • Disabling UI elements through the in-game settings, especially the mini-map
    • Overclocking your GPU
    • Underclocking or otherwise limiting your CPU
Version OS Version Region CPU GPU Tester FPS Status Additional Notes
1.26.2f Windows 10 (21H1) USA AMD Ryzen 5 5600X NVIDIA RTX 3060 MarioLuigi0404 60 Playable Using Vulkan with experimental VSync can hold a near-perfect 60fps at 1080p, only experiencing minimal stuttering when compiling new shaders. However, the 60fps patch's movement speed corrections seem to cause a visual issue with the booster lights on Ares model Skells. (Video)

Update: After further playing, I have come across some more visual issues. These are unrelated to the 60fps patch, as I generally play without it. First, certain character models when playing in online mode will very briefly glitch out upon initial rendering. I've only seen this occur in the BLADE Barracks, and it is pretty rare. Second, and more importantly, Elma's true form seems to have some fairly major lighting issues. (Video)

After all these years the game still has all these issues on the emulator? Yikes :holeup:

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

no, you already know this.

emulators are basically 20 to 40 minute test demos for people like you.

No, I play lots of games through on emulator.  I usually do when there's a sequel in a series coming out and I want to replay some of the older games in the series.  Like I am for Resident Evil before RE4 Remake comes.  I'm replaying all the classics RE1-3 + Code Veronica too.

19 hours ago, jehurey said:

Nice so it is playable on PC after all. You lied earlier and said it wasn't but your link literally says it is playable on PC.

Think I'll play it soon.  Thanks for the link!   

Edited by Substatic