Xenoblade Chronicles 3 GS review - 8.0

2 hours ago, Remij said:

No, I play lots of games through on emulator. 

No, you don't.

1 hour ago, Substatic said:

Nice so it is playable on PC after all

No, its not playable for anybody who has dignity.:drake:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another one, the bangers keep on banging 

Might play on Deck.

they never ported Xenoblade Chronicles X to Switch, did they?   That's still a Wii U game.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No, its not playable  

The link you posted literally says "playable".

Please do not lie. I'll be loading this baby up some time this week. Gonna be another goold ole' best on PC title!

2 hours ago, Substatic said:

The link you posted literally says "playable".

Not with anybody with any shred of dignity.

You literally have to turn off the UI to avoid constant stuttering :hest:

Game looks really damn sharp in handheld mode. Im impressed. I haven't noticed any jaggies on the character models. I imagine it looks even better on the Switch Pro.

But as I expected the combat is likely going to be the weakest part of the game. There's no impact or weight to the auto attack, you just sit back and watch the same animation play over and over again until the enemies' health bar is depleted.

The arts (basically skills) do feel a bit better so there's that.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Game looks really damn sharp in handheld mode. Im impressed. I haven't noticed any jaggies on the character models. I imagine it looks even better on the Switch Pro.

But as I expected the combat is likely going to be the weakest part of the game. There's no impact or weight to the auto attack, you just sit back and watch the same animation play over and over again until the enemies' health bar is depleted.

The arts (basically skills) do feel a bit better so there's that.

You try that past the intro and you won't beat a single enemy. 

The auto attack does shit for damage and is only really used for timing cancels, art combos, breaks, topples and launchers etc. 

Positioning (back slash, side hit etc) + Arts is where it's at. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You try that past the intro and you won't beat a single enemy. 

The auto attack does shit for damage and is only really used for timing cancels, art combos, breaks, topples and launchers etc. 

Positioning (back slash, side hit etc) + Arts is where it's at. 

So how you liking it?

Does it start off strong?

37 minutes ago, Remij said:

So how you liking it?

Does it start off strong?

Just started it tonight, but So far so good. 

Compared to Xeno 2, It does a better job at explaining all the systems one by one as you play through the intro chapter. 

Xeno 2 kind of half explained it's systems and required alot of investment from the player to figure out how all the systems worked together.

This one removes that barrier, I didn't mind it in Xeno 2 but it seems Nintendo really wants to make Xenoblade a bigger RPG franchise and to do that it has to be somewhat accessible for players who never played the previous games. 

There's a training drill feature that opens up within the first 25 mins that allows you to practice any of the new systems as they're introduced.

And As Twinblade mentioned, the image quality is quite sharp (for the Switch) even in portable mode. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1

Im still very early but the intro is pretty good. Im surprised more jRPGs don't have all british casts, it actually suits the characters really well and I think it elevates the storytelling if that makes sense. Kind of like how British actors make more sense for medieval/fantasy series, I think that applies to this franchise as well.

8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Just started it tonight, but So far so good. 

Compared to Xeno 2, It does a better job at explaining all the systems one by one as you play through the intro chapter. 

Xeno 2 kind of half explained it's systems and required alot of investment from the player to figure out how all the systems worked together.

This one removes that barrier, I didn't mind it in Xeno 2 but it seems Nintendo really wants to make Xenoblade a bigger RPG franchise and to do that it has to be somewhat accessible for players who never played the previous games. 

There's a training drill feature that opens up within the first 25 mins that allows you to practice any of the new systems as they're introduced.

And As Twinblade mentioned, the image quality is quite sharp (for the Switch) even in portable mode. 

That sounds pretty good.. and yeah they're definitely pushing to make it a premiere franchise.

There's pretty much no one else pushing the Switch like these guys are with this type of epic RPG.

The game definitely has more creatures in the wild compared to previous entries. 

It was much easier to sneak by enemies  in the Xeno 1 and 2...just got to the desert area and there are enemies on every inch of the map.. Could barely walk a few feet without being pulled into a battle. 

42 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The game definitely has more creatures in the wild compared to previous entries. 

It was much easier to sneak by enemies  in the Xeno 1 and 2...just got to the desert area and there are enemies on every inch of the map.. Could barely walk a few feet without being pulled into a battle. 

Thats one of the main annoyances so far. Its too easy to aggro enemies when you're just walking around and exploring in the world.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats one of the main annoyances so far. Its too easy to aggro enemies when you're just walking around and exploring in the world.

You just gotta be careful and walk past when they turn their back. 

What can happen though, if you engage one enemy too close to a pack of thnw you can potentially get Jumped by a whole team of enemies. 

Nearly 10 hours. I definitely have mixed feelings about this game. The combat feels overly complicated and with 6 characters in the party its really tough to keep track of whats going on. The exploration is also not as satisfying as it could be. I've only played the first Xenoblade but I remember it having a pretty robust equipment system, you'd always be picking up new loot to customize each part of your characters with which in turn made it rewarding to explore the world. There's no loot in this one whatsoever besides accessories, so you don't really find anything out in the world besides some boring resources and collectibles.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Nearly 10 hours. I definitely have mixed feelings about this game. The combat feels overly complicated and with 6 characters in the party its really tough to keep track of whats going on. The exploration is also not as satisfying as it could be. I've only played the first Xenoblade but I remember it having a pretty robust equipment system, you'd always be picking up new loot to customize each part of your characters with which in turn made it rewarding to explore the world. There's no loot in this one whatsoever besides accessories, so you don't really find anything out in the world besides some boring resources and collectibles.

You haven't unlocked all the systems as yet.  You're technically still learning. 

If they dropped everything on you at once that would be overkill. 

I'm about 18 hrs in and I'm still unlocking different gameplay systems. 

It becomes apparent why you have a six man team.