Digital Foundry - Xenoblade blade 3 tech Analysis.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, I bought a Quest 2 because it was really cheap and I knew how to get games.

And then I spoke to @Ramza to talk about which games were fun and interesting to play.

I'm not bashing the Quest 2.......I'm bashing the sorry ass state of the PC VR developer community

And as for PC gaming................you already know I bought it so that it could be the way for me to enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 as a killer app.

........and I ended up bashing the sorry as state of the PC normal-game developer community.

Gee...................you starting to notice a pattern of where I'm directing my bashing at?

I don't know what your conversation is all about but I'm gonna throw my opinion around anyway. You guys know how much I love VR and defend it. Regardless of PCVR or Playstation, I have zero bias and I must say, the state of PCVR games coming out right now is sad. There are a few gems here and there but I feel like they're few and far between more and more. There's even less big publishers making VR games than ever before, in fact, it's kept on life support by indie devs to be perfectly honest.

I welcome PSVR2 because it will give a nice incentive for increased support from bigger and more recognized publishers and the first party of Sony should be interesting as usual. 

And while I mostly use my Oculus Quest 2 for my PC, it's still a really cool standalone device, fantastic choice for a younger audience who can't afford both a PC or console and a headset. I feel like it opens up VR to that demographic at least.

But yeah, VR need a serious kick in the ass right now, imo.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bubu Remi stop!  

Here are the real bullet points   Actual res docked 540p actual res portable Sub-SD Framerate generally 30fps while nothing is happening.  When things are happening drops to low 20

Jerry-go-down 🤣

Posted Images

giphy.gif

Whoop, there it is.

There only person here who has a EGREGIOUSLY BIASED mind, and he can't give a straight opinion that's worth a damn.

.........and its not me, and its not Ramza.

Lemij really has trouble accept basic truths.

PC VR is in a bad state right now.................that's the fucking truth.

Look at the release schedule............I'm telling the truth. Ramza is telling the truth.

There's only one person who isn't willing to tell the truth.

Valve's next rumored VR headset is NOT GOING TO BE PC VR-based.

The writing is on the wall.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I don't know what your conversation is all about but I'm gonna throw my opinion around anyway. You guys know how much I love VR and defend it. Regardless of PCVR or Playstation, I have zero bias and I must say, the state of PCVR games coming out right now is sad. There are a few gems here and there but I feel like they're few and far between more and more. There's even less big publishers making VR games than ever before, in fact, it's kept on life support by indie devs to be perfectly honest.

I welcome PSVR2 because it will give a nice incentive for increased support from bigger and more recognized publishers and the first party of Sony should be interesting as usual. 

And while I mostly use my Oculus Quest 2 for my PC, it's still a really cool standalone device, fantastic choice for a younger audience who can't afford both a PC or console and a headset. I feel like it opens up VR to that demographic at least.

But yeah, VR need a serious kick in the ass right now, imo.

And what about the state of PSVR? 

You guys keep looking to PSVR2... and that's for a reason.  Their last VR headset... died off... and support is even less than PCVR at this point.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

giphy.gif

Whoop, there it is.

There only person here who has a EGREGIOUSLY BIASED mind, and he can't give a straight opinion that's worth a damn.

.........and its not me, and its not Ramza.

Lemij really has trouble accept basic truths.

PC VR is in a bad state right now.................that's the fucking truth.

Look at the release schedule............I'm telling the truth. Ramza is telling the truth.

There's only one person who isn't willing to tell the truth.

Valve's next rumored VR headset is NOT GOING TO BE PC VR-based.

The writing is on the wall.

:lawl: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

And what about the state of PSVR? 

@Ramza Notice how he's trying to perform whataboutism, FANBOY whataboutism, to try and make himself feel better.

he wants you to declare PSVR a failure, as well.

you know, the platform that won Game of the Year awards in 2018 because it had fantastic exclusives like Tetris Effect.

And another GOTY nominated game in Astro Bot that same year.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

:lawl: 

his trying to laugh it off almost seems like a psychological nervous reflex.

when confronted with cold hard truths that he really doesn't like hearing, he just tries to laugh smiley his way out.

PSVR was a failure. It was a commercial failure and failure in terms of support. ALL VR was a failure.

Kinect, as awful as that was outsold PSVR by over 5x. That tells you something about VR.  Nobody wants it.

@Ramza Notice how he's trying to perform whataboutism, FANBOY whataboutism, to try and make himself feel better.

he wants you to declare PSVR a failure, as well.

you know, the platform that won Game of the Year awards in 2018 because it had fantastic exclusives like Tetris Effect.

And another GOTY nominated game in Astro Bot that same year.

No...

You are the one trying to make yourself feel better... about PSVR2.  You talk down about PCVR.... specifically for that reason... because you're the retarded fanboy :tom: 

Idiot... I already called you out for buying this shit just so you could attempt to have credibility about it... and that's exactly what you did.

Just now, JonbX said:

PSVR was a failure. It was a commercial failure and failure in terms of support. ALL VR was a failure.

Kinect, as awful as that was outsold PSVR by over 5x. That tells you something about VR.  Nobody wants it.

No but Jerky think's that specifically PCVR is the failure... and not PSVR :tear2: 

That's what he wants people to believe... and he thinks that because he owns a Quest 2... that he can make that claim... that's EXACTLY the reason he bought it for :tom: 

Just now, Remij said:

No...

You are the one trying to make yourself feel better... about PSVR2. 

:tom: he tries to bring up the PSVR1

so...........I talk about the PSVR1, and defend it

• with facts about games
  • with facts about those games achieving critical acclaim
  • with facts about how quickly those games arrived

............and he's now saying I'm defending PSVR2, a product that hasn't even released yet

Why would I need to defend a product that hasn't even been released yet?:reg:

bought and sold. No way this guy is sitting on over 2k dollars of hardware, going completely unused. He sold that shit or it wasnt his to begin with.  He tells us daily how cheap he is.

LOL here comes Lemij's lifeline

3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

PSVR was a failure. It was a commercial failure and failure in terms of support.

No it wasn't

Go ahead and try and prove that.

I'll wait.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No but Jerky think's that specifically PCVR is the failure... and not PSVR :tear2: 

PSVR actually sold the most during the period that Sony was marketing it.

More than all of the others in the PC VR industry, combined.

And that's before I talk about the games.

So yes, PC VR is a failure.

:tom: he tries to bring up the PSVR1

so...........I talk about the PSVR1, and defend it

• with facts about games
  • with facts about those games achieving critical acclaim
  • with facts about how quickly those games arrived

............and he's now saying I'm defending PSVR2, a product that hasn't even released yet

Why would I need to defend a product that hasn't even been released yet?:reg:

You haven't done any of that :lawl: 

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL here comes Lemij's lifeline

No it wasn't

Go ahead and try and prove that.

Thats simple. It sold less than 5 percent of PS4 userbase and had no games. 

5 percent or less for an add on is a failure. And yes, as i said, VR flopped on every platform.

Just now, jehurey said:

PSVR actually sold the most during the period that Sony was marketing it.

More than all of the others in the PC VR industry, combined.

And that's before I talk about the games.

So yes, PC VR is a failure.

LOL du during the period Sony made some headsets... they sssold :rofl: 

They didn't sell SHIT.  

And there's no game on PSVR better than the best PCVR games... period.

And YOU don't get to talk about games dude :omglol: 

PSVR is a failure... because it's literally dead.

PSVR2 will follow suit... after a mediocre attempt like the first one...

And at the end... PCVR will still be there. 

4 minutes ago, JonbX said:

bought and sold. No way this guy is sitting on over 2k dollars of hardware, going completely unused. He sold that shit or it wasnt his to begin with.  He tells us daily how cheap he is.

i literally created a gif to show how wrong Dynocrap was when he claimed the same thing you did.

https://imgur.com/XeTVzLxhttps://imgur.com/XeTVzLx

:tom:even funnier when he tries to mine that for more jerry fanfic...................on a friday night

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

You haven't done any of that :lawl: 

LOL he just ran away from the argument

Thanks for losing:blessed:

4 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Thats simple. It sold less than 5 percent of PS4 userbase and had no games. 

No, it literally had GOTY winning and GOTY nominated games.

It literally had exclusives in almost every single year through 2020.

Its literally getting the best NEW PC VR game, Moss 2, this year.

Are you saying that a PS4 game that sold 5 million would be considered a failure??????????

This product released only in the second half of the PS4 generation, and the marketing was confusing because you don't know if you needed Move controllers or not, so there was potentially additional costs that the consumer was confused about.

And, setting it up was confusing, and almost intimidating. Much more wires than hooking up the base console to the TV.

.............and it still was the best selling VR device during its lifecycle, which pretty much ended when the PS4's ended.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i literally created a gif to show how wrong Dynocrap was when he claimed the same thing you did.

https://imgur.com/XeTVzLxhttps://imgur.com/XeTVzLx

:tom:even funnier when he tries to mine that for more jerry fanfic...................on a friday night

You sold that shit. Or its your nephews.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Are you saying that a PS4 game that sold 5 million would be considered a failure??????????

This product released only in the second half of the PS4 generation, and the marketing was confusing because you don't know if you needed Move controllers or not, so there was potentially additional costs that the consumer was confused about.

And, setting it up was confusing, and almost intimidating. Much more wires than hooking up the base console to the TV.

.............and it still was the best selling VR device during its lifecycle, which pretty much ended when the PS4's ended.

OMFG.. it's getting MOSS 2 GUYS!!  :kaz: 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Having a GOTY nominee doesnt mean anything. You think sony was like, oh, Gamepost gave us GOTY nominee so who cares that we only sold this to 5 percent of our userbase.

A PS4 game selling 5 million is not the same as hardware selling 5 million. You are so dumb.