Digital Foundry - Xenoblade blade 3 tech Analysis.

Just now, Remij said:

Nobody plays VR for graphics :mj: 

then that explains why PC VR is losing to Oculus :tom: Thanks for setting me up on that one, bud.

And yes, they will play for graphics, on an actual next-gen device.

Thanks for confirming that you are aware that Valve and Oculus are not progressing in their VR tech.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bubu Remi stop!  

Here are the real bullet points   Actual res docked 540p actual res portable Sub-SD Framerate generally 30fps while nothing is happening.  When things are happening drops to low 20

Jerry-go-down 🤣

Posted Images

Just now, jehurey said:

then that explains why PC VR is losing to Oculus :tom: Thanks for setting me up on that one, bud.

And yes, they will play for graphics, on an actual next-gen device.

Thanks for confirming that you are aware that Valve and Oculus are not progressing in their VR tech.

LOL it's because of price idiot :kaz: 

And YOU wont play for anything... we've already confirmed that! :lawl: 

Just now, Remij said:

LOL it's because of price idiot :kaz: 

LOL now PC owners can't afford it.

but he thinks PSVR2 is going to fail, even though its selling for a lower price than PC VR:drake:

He can't stay consistent to save his life. LOL

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL now PC owners can't afford it.

but he thinks PSVR2 is going to fail, even though its selling for a lower price than PC VR:drake:

He can't stay consistent to save his life. LOL

What's it selling for derpy?

Less than a Quest 2? :drake:  

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

What's it selling for derpy?

Less than a Quest 2? :drake:  

Not anymore, after this weekend :tom:

but then again, Sony isn't going to be losing $2.8 billion dollars on the PSVR2 every quarter like Oculus

So.....the PSVR2 will actually turn a profit, so it may actually be more of a success than the Quest 2 on DAY ONE :hest::hest::hest:

Just now, jehurey said:

Not anymore, after this weekend :tom:

but then again, Sony isn't going to be losing $2.8 billion dollars on the PSVR2 every quarter like Oculus

So.....the PSVR2 will actually turn a profit, so it may actually be more of a success than the Quest 2 on DAY ONE :hest::hest::hest:

LOL screenshotting this :mj: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Let me know if Sony invests as much :drake: 

No...........that's now what you were challenging me to.

You're trying to retcon again................and I caught your ass, immediately

Screenshotting this to show in the future what you habitually do.

No...........that's now what you were challenging me to.

You're trying to retcon again................and I caught your ass, immediately

Screenshotting this to show in the future what you habitually do.

LOL this fucking clown thinks he's moving posts :mj: 

Denied bitch.

Every time :reg: 

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

LOL this fucking clown thinks he's moving posts :mj: 

he's now trying to project..............rather angrily..............because I caught his ass

I'll screenshot that to show he easily angry he gets, too. :mjgrin:

he's now trying to project..............rather angrily..............because I caught his ass

I'll screenshot that to show he easily angry he gets, too. :mjgrin:

He went to move the post... and hit is head on it :mj: :omglol: 

Just now, Remij said:

He went to move the post... and hit is head on it :mj: :omglol: 

LOL he's still trying and failing.........he now sounds like jonb where he doesn't know how to type a clever response anymore, but he's trying.

:drake:All because he lost every since VR argument in this thread.

And Ramza agreed with me...............that Lemij literally came in CRYING........LIKE A CHILD, CRYYYYING

"buuuuuuut wut abou'PSVR!!!!!!!":jonb:

:tom:

5 hours ago, Remij said:

And what about the state of PSVR? 

You guys keep looking to PSVR2... and that's for a reason.  Their last VR headset... died off... and support is even less than PCVR at this point.

What about it? The first Sony headset was largely inadequate with outdated tech to accompany it and I don't just mean the PS4 hardware that was running out of steam for VR already in 2017 but the PS camera and PS moves controllers being ancient crappy PS3 tech they quickly slapped together and repurposed for VR. It was an experiment, sold 5m + units and was even the most sold VR headset on the market at some point. It had great support despite it's massive limitations, PSVR2 won't have the same handicaps so I don't see how it's supposed to be a bad sign of anything to come.

I think PSVR2 will start off way stronger and will bring more people over to VR gaming than with PSVR1. At least until PS5 reach a big enough fanbase that allow that but they might as well introduce PSVR2 to PS5 owners sooner rather than later. Let the adoption rate begin despite not having enough PS5 on the market, it will grow with the main product it's attached to over time, which is fine long term.

I expect great things out of PSVR2, not so much commercial success stories but definitely a nice boost to VR visibility. It will reel in new players and raise publishers interests. And like I said many times already it will benefit from all the PCVR ports it will get combined with Sony considerable first party efforts. 

Already confirmed:

Horizon VR

Resident Evil Village VR mode compatible

RE4 Remake VR content? 

TWD Saints and Sinners 2

And dream games being almost a reality:

Gran Turismo 7 VR mode update

A new Wipeout with a VR mode

Astro Bot 2

Half-Life Alyx

All in high quality definition comparable to high end PC VR experiences. I'm excited at the possibilities, personally. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

What about it? The first Sony headset was largely inadequate with outdated tech to accompany it and I don't just mean the PS4 hardware that was running out of steam for VR already in 2017 but the PS camera and PS moves controllers being ancient crappy PS3 tech they quickly slapped together and repurposed for VR. It was an experiment, sold 5m + units and was even the most sold VR headset on the market at some point. It had great support despite it's massive limitations, PSVR2 won't have the same handicaps so I don't see how it's supposed to be a bad sign of anything to come.

I think PSVR2 will start off way stronger and will bring more people over to VR gaming than with PSVR1. At least until PS5 reach a big enough fanbase that allow that but they might as well introduce PSVR2 to PS5 owners sooner rather than later. Let the adoption rate begin despite not having enough PS5 on the market, it will grow with the main product it's attached to over time, which is fine long term.

I expect great things out of PSVR2, not so much commercial success stories but definitely a nice boost to VR visibility. It will reel in new players and raise publishers interests. And like I said many times already it will benefit from all the PCVR ports it will get combined with Sony considerable first party efforts. 

Already confirmed:

Horizon VR

Resident Evil Village VR mode compatible

RE4 Remake VR content? 

TWD Saints and Sinners 2

And dream games being almost a reality:

Gran Turismo 7 VR mode update

A new Wipeout with a VR mode

Astro Bot 2

Half-Life Alyx

All in high quality definition comparable to high end PC VR experiences. I'm excited at the possibilities, personally. 

Their first headset had all the same promise of "high end Sony exclusives" that would possibly come to it.  What we end up getting?  Astro-bot, Gran Turismo, and Until Dawn: RoB?  It sold 5M+ because all the other headsets on the market were over $700 at the time and required decent spec'd PCs to run well.  When you really look at it... it didn't have that great of support from Sony themselves, IMO.

Whether PSVR2 starts off strong or not has everything to do with its pricing.  The world isn't the same as it was when PSVR1 launched.

Sure, of course a new device will garner a boost to VR visibility... they all do in the beginning.

Out of all the games you listed, you're basically asking for more of what is already out there.  Sony's already doing a lot of the same stuff they already did for the first PSVR.  They're moneyhatting some Resident Evil 8 VR and RE4R modes... meaning games that can easily be translated into VR and not built for the ground up for it, and of course there will be an Astro-bot game and a GT7 VR mode.  Basically it's more PSVR1... and you're going to get heaps of Quest 2 mobile games ported to it as well.. 

It'll be a nice little niche headset.. which will follow PSVR1's trajectory with Sony putting some effort in at the beginning and then fizzling out over time.

LOLOLOL

Lemij tried to get Ramza to bash PSVR1, and it didn't work

uZJwzfT.jpg

and then he tries to claim that cows are begging for Half Life Alyx.

Please..............go and find any mention of Half Life Alyx.

I'll wait.