54% of all inflation is being driven by corporate profits

https://www.baystatebanner.com/2022/07/20/corporate-profits-climb-as-inflation-rises/

But yes, let's play the president who has no control over the "free market".

And according to an April report from the Economic Policy Institute, nearly 54% of recent inflationary pressure can be attributed to corporate profits, compared to 11.4% during the last inflationary period between 1979 to 2019. Less than 8% of current inflation can be attributed to rising labor costs.

I wouldn't expect anything less from GOP supporters, they love getting grifter. Wouldn't be surprised at all if some of them here contributed to the "Stop the Steal" scam. :tom: 

A leftist rag citing three progressive NGOs -- including one that's flat-out batshit, another run by a pronoun cultist,  and another who wants a major prog overhaul of the Constitution -- without including extensive hard data is laughable. 

The last time I wasted time on one of these prog studies about windfall energy profits, they were cooking the data by comparing profits from 2020 during the height of the lockdown to 2021 to show a massive increase in profits. In reality profits had simply returned near their 2019 levels.

I'd love to have an objective measure of corporate crisis profiteering but this shit is worthless. :camby:

notice how saucer says really pointless words that serve no other purpose other to try and impress people in his opening sentence.

"NGOs" :drake: non-government organizations...........he literally went out of his way to type that.

when he could've just said "private companies" or "corporations" because that in the fucking title of this thread.

And he doesn't name the companies, and tries to downplay them as ridiculous exceptions to the rule.

Two of them are Visa and Mastercard :hest:yes Saucer tries dismissing Visa and Mastercard as not good examples to use to depict the state of corporations continuing to gouge consumers.

That's like me trying to say that using Ford and General Motors are not good examples to use to depict the state of American manufacturing.

Edited by jehurey
  • aitch 1
19 hours ago, Ike said:

Here comes the bootlicker who's just a disgraced a billionaire in waiting. Haven't picked yourself up by them bootstraps yet? :bena: 

"Disgraced billionaire in waiting" is a fucking awesome reputation to have. :biggrin:

18 hours ago, jehurey said:

notice how saucer says really pointless words that serve no other purpose other to try and impress people in his opening sentence.

"NGOs" :drake: non-government organizations...........he literally went out of his way to type that

Jerry so poorly educated that he's impressed by NGO. :D

On 2022-07-27 at 10:26 PM, Saucer said:

A leftist rag citing three progressive NGOs 

1. Provide Counter-Citation directly saying the opposite. You could be right, but considering your past statements and being often incorrect you are not a reliable self-citation.

2. They are left-center, not "leftist", and "HIGH" fact.  

Economic Policy Institute - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

Edited by Substatic
2 hours ago, Substatic said:

1. Provide Counter-Citation directly saying the opposite. You could be right, but considering your past statements and being often incorrect you are not a reliable self-citation.

2. They are left-center, not "leftist", and "HIGH" fact.  

Economic Policy Institute - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

1. I didn't make the claim. Do your own research.

2. Citing a leftist fake fact-checking site is a chef's kiss. :D

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

1. I didn't make the claim. Do your own research.

2. Citing a leftist fake fact-checking site is a chef's kiss. :D

I didn't think  you were going to provide counter citation to EPI (Ike's central source).  This was an easy win. Next!

Edited by Substatic
28 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I didn't think  you were going to provide counter citation to EPI (Ike's central source).  This was an easy win. Next!

"Hey research my claim for me. If you don't, I win."

Dude you're getting a derpy as Jerry. You're a Sikh. Act like one.

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

What do you mean. The claim in the OP is proven by EPI.

You counter was:

including one that's flat-out batshit

Prove this. Show his citation was wrong with your own.

Edited by Substatic
2 minutes ago, Saucer said:

You seem upset that I fucked you in so many threads by asking for citation after you said stupid and/or wrong shit.

Hint: When you see me logged in don't say stupid and dumb shit.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Saucer said:

To be fair, he didn't ask you to research his claims. He asked you to counter them. Which is basically arguing with credible information. It's not some trap. 

9 hours ago, Saucer said:

Jerry so poorly educated that he's impressed by NGO. :D

LOL i love how he just tried to lie, right here, because he got caught with what he was doing.

Notice how Saucer isn't really responding to anybody else's responses or their counter-aurguments, he's just trying to laugh them off, and just claim that their responses

He always does this. He tries to laugh every off, and ends up running away.

Edited by jehurey

ExxonMobil and Chevron both reported record massive profits thanks to record gasoline prices during the quarter.

Exxon's profit, excluding special items, came to $17.6 billion in the second quarter, nearly double what it made in its very profitable first quarter as oil and gas prices started to soar in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Second-quarter profit was up 273% from the same period a year ago.

Chevron earned $11.4 billion excluding special items, up 74% from the first quarter and 247% from a year ago.

But Biden :cryjerk:

19 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

To be fair, he didn't ask you to research his claims. He asked you to counter them. Which is basically arguing with credible information. It's not some trap. 

Yes he did. He said, "The claim in the OP is proven by EPI." But he hasn't read the report. Neither has Ike. They don't know if it's true or not. They're making an argument from authority uses sources I don't remotely trust to be objective, and when I pointed that out, they then want me to read the report and critique it.

It's a bullshit tactic.

8 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Yes he did. He said, "The claim in the OP is proven by EPI." But he hasn't read the report. Neither has Ike. They don't know if it's true or not. They're making an argument from authority uses sources I don't remotely trust to be objective, and when I pointed that out, they then want me to read the report and critique it.

It's a bullshit tactic.

Post above you about a nearly 300% YoY profit increase and a 74% quarterly increase in profit but this isn’t about corporate greed at all. :roll: 

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Post above you about a nearly 300% YoY profit increase and a 74% quarterly increase in profit but this isn’t about corporate greed at all. :roll: 

No source. You may be right but the way you argue is pretty sloppy.

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

No source. You may be right but the way you argue is pretty sloppy.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chevron-posts-record-11-6-billion-quarterly-profit-11659090268

Or how about all the companies given free money with PPP loans that cut jobs, bought back stocks, and are still raising prices? E.G. Airline companies? All while still cancelling flights.