Eurogamer: Xbox "encouraged" console wars to drive competition, former exec says

1 minute ago, Remij said:

LMFAO his edit :kaz: 

Wii wasn't competition with 360 and PS3.  

yes it was

@FIREPOWER See what I told you? He is trying to go and retcon stuff again, as if we aren't noticing.

"Wii wasn't competition" he says, as Microsoft released a motion-controlled camera add-on during the second half of the X360 gen, and added it to their Xbox One launch.

Edited by jehurey
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Peter Moore owned, had a good sense for games. He made some great exclusivity deals for the Dreamcast and original Xbox.

And that's the thing. Sony and Nintendo knowing that Peter Moore was a formidable opponent is what helped make them better.   Phil Spencer is just coming up lame.   And as cool as

My nikka Moore is still upset https://venturebeat.com/2021/11/22/peter-moore-is-still-angry-about-sony-fuding-the-dreamcast/        

2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Xbox was never leading North America, the Nintendo Wii was way ahead

:mj: What alternate reality are you living in? 

the one where he can pretend to block out things as he sees fit :lawl::lawl::lawl:

• dead 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

yes it was

@FIREPOWER See what I told you? He is trying to go and retcon stuff again, as if we aren't noticing.

"Wii wasn't competition" he says, as Microsoft released a motion-controlled camera add-on during the second half of the X360 gen, and added it to their Xbox One launch.

He's completely delusional :cruise: 

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes it was

It wasn't competition.  Completely different demographics.

Everyone knows Xbox and Playstation are the competitors and Nintendo just does their own thing.... even to this day.

And the XO launch was barely directed towards gamers :tom: 

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

It wasn't competition.  Completely different demographics.

yes it was competition.

oh my god.................this is what you're arguing 16 years after the fact

:hest:dude, you genuinely look and sound embarrassing right now.

NPD_market_share.png

"It had potential!":lemming:

-Lemij

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes it was competition.

oh my god.................this is what you're arguing 16 years after the fact

:hest:dude, you genuinely look and sound embarrassing right now.

NPD_market_share.png

"It had potential!":lemming:

-Lemij

LMFAO Jerky posting an image in a resolution fit for his PC monitor :rofl: 

DAMN way higher than PS3 there LOL thanks for proving my point retard :mj: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

LMFAO Jerky posting an image in a resolution fit for his PC monitor :rofl: 

DAMN way higher than PS3 there LOL thanks for proving my point retard :mj: 

that is wasn't leading the North American market.............because the Wii easily surpassed it almost immediately?

That's my point, thanks for confirming it.

And this graph is from 2009, right as Sony was finally figuring out their game development issue and starting to churn out exclusives.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

that is wasn't leading the North American market.............because the Wii easily surpassed it almost immediately?

That's my point, thanks for confirming it.

And this graph is from 2009, right as Sony was finally figuring out their game development issue and starting to churn out exclusives.

It was leading PS3 retard.. it's direct competition :drake: 

Thanks for confirming it with a tiny little Jerky raping picture :tom: 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

and in second place, behind Wii.

There's nothing you can say that's going to change that simple fact.

LEADING against its competition.

Nothing you say changes the fact that Wii wasn't direct competition for the same demographics... which Sony and MS were.

This is another classic Jerry-go-round....  He want's to argue about this point endlessly.... and hopes that the longer he does.. the more everyone will forget that he lost the original point.

He loses again.. of course.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

no, its behind the wii

and its behind the PS3, worldwide.

sorry...........we don't cut out pieces of history, we present it whole

only people with bad and misleading narratives do that.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nothing you say changes the fact that Wii wasn't direct competition for the same demographics... which Sony and MS were.

This is another classic Jerry-go-round....  He want's to argue about this point endlessly.... and hopes that the longer he does.. the more everyone will forget that he lost the original point.

He loses again.. of course.

Wii was completion. If it wasn’t, MS and Sony wouldn’t have come out with their own motion controllers years later in stupid attempt to steal the Wii’s lightning in a bottle formula. Stop the stupid mental gymnastics. Xbox wasn’t leading anywhere and it’s why it ultimately ended up in last place despite being the first console to launch and starting with a huge lead before the other two consoles launched.

You would have a point if MS only sold consoles in NA but they also sold those shitty defective RROD 360s in Europe and Asia as well and Sony smoked them in EU and Asia, it wasn’t even close. They still footed RROD for European and Asian markets despite Sony’s dominance there.

Your argument has already been destroyed on multiple levels and now you’re just flopping in this thread and making a total fool of yourself :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

no, its behind the wii

and its behind the PS3, worldwide.

sorry...........we don't cut out pieces of history, we present it whole

only people with bad and misleading narratives do that.

See.. he want's to jerry-go-round this all night.

Wii wasn't its competition.

And no, it was leading PS3 world wide.

It was certainly competitive... as I said.  Which is the reason why MS did the right thing by their customers and future potential 360 customers...   Unlike Zune and Windows Phone... which were completely dead in the water.

LOL you thought we forgot that was the argument...  nope.. you lose... again  :hest: 

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Wii was completion. If it wasn’t, MS and Sony wouldn’t have come out with their own motion controllers years later in stupid attempt to steal the Wii’s lightning in a bottle formula. Stop the stupid mental gymnastics. Xbox wasn’t leading anywhere and it’s why it ultimately ended up in last place despite being the first console to launch and starting with a huge lead before the other two consoles launched.

You would have a point if MS only sold consoles in NA but they also sold those shitty defective RROD 360s in Europe as well and Sony smoked them in EU, it wasn’t even close. They still footed RROD for European markets despite Sony’s dominance there.

Your argument has already been destroyed on multiple levels and now you’re just flopping in this thread and making a total fool of yourself :mj:

Not direct competition.  No it wasn't.  Different demographics completely.

Xbox LEAD Playstation.  You're not changing that fact.

And that's why they did what they did to save face for the 360 and not those other products you listed.  The 360 had potential... while it was clear the others were dead.

You know that's true.  LOL but watching you dicksuck jerky is fun in its own way :tom: 

what I don't get is why "Firepower" keeps upvoting jerry and siding with him. Looks like alt activity to me but even if not just why???? 

dude upvoted him a  few thousand times :D  jesus

Edited by kaz
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not direct competition.  No it wasn't.  Different demographics completely.

Xbox LEAD Playstation.  You're not changing that fact.

And that's why they did what they did to save face for the 360 and not those other products you listed.  The 360 had potential... while it was clear the others were dead.

You know that's true.  LOL but watching you dicksuck jerky is fun in its own way :tom: 

Xbox “LEAD” Playstation?  Then how come it ultimately lost and came in last place at the end of the gen Lemij?

:dbry: What alternate timeline are you living in where 360 dominated the PS3 and Wii?

:hest: How do you dominate and still end up losing the generation?

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

Xbox “LEAD” Playstation?  Then how come it ultimately lost and came in last place at the end of the gen Lemij?

:dbry: What alternate timeline are you living in where 360 dominated the PS3 and Wii?

:hest: How do you dominate and still end up losing the generation?

Yes, it did.  Jerky just posted a pic of it dumbass...

And again... it was competitive...  they literally ended up selling about the same.  The fuck outta here.

PS was coming off the PS2... they had everything... Xbox had to fight hard to build up market and mindshare.. and they did.

If you can't admit that... I'm not going to bother talking to you anymore about this.

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

See.. he want's to jerry-go-round this all night.

Wii wasn't its competition.

The person who is not acknowledging the FULL HISTORY and the FULL FACTS............is the one who is intentionally making a Remierry-go-round.

Its very simple.............the moment you acknowledge FULL HISTORY............you've lost this argument.

And you know it.

Which is why you are engaged in a full CIRCULAR ARGUMENT to try and stall for time.

That's one of your Remierry-go-rounds.

Just now, Remij said:

Yes, it did.  Jerky just posted a pic of it dumbass...

No, that's not worldwide.

Xbox was losing to Playstation.

And Xbox was losing to Wii in the United States.

So, there is no version of your claim in which you are correct.

You're wrong from all angles.

5 minutes ago, kaz said:

what I don't get is why "Firepower" keeps upvoting jerry and siding with him. Looks like alt activity to me but even if not just why???? 

You’re still mad about me destroying you last week?

:mjgrin: Are you gonna come in here again to claim that I’m an alt of some long gone forum member who haunts you in your dreams? I give a lot of ppl upvotes when they make sense here not just Jerry. I’ve even given Lemij upvotes the few times he has made good sense with his arguments on this forum.

Edited by FIREPOWER