Xenoblade 3 emulated on PC with 60fps mod

Looking and running damn good already.  Literally since day 1.  FPS never drop below 45.  This is running at 2x the Switch's internal resolution, but there's configs for 4K out there already.

You can already run this game 30fps locked like the Switch with much higher resolution.

@Substatic :diddy:

Queue the incoming tears :blessed: 

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game is twice as long on PC and basically has more content thanks to all the troubleshooting, TSHBO 

PC wins again.  

Having played the game on Switch, I looked at the video and something seemed off.    So looked it up, All particle effects, per objrctymotion blur and post processing effects don't work. 

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Remij said:

Looking and running damn good already.  Literally since day 1.  FPS never drop below 45.  This is running at 2x the Switch's internal resolution, but there's configs for 4K out there already.

You can already run this game 30fps locked like the Switch with much higher resolution.

@Substatic :diddy:

Queue the incoming tears :blessed: 

Having played the game on Switch, I looked at the video and something seemed off. 

So looked it up, All particle effects, per objrctymotion blur and post processing effects don't work. 

The game also crashes during every cutscene and the game is cutscene heavy.    

PC

181654764-54b87765-c312-46d1-8882-04ee22

Switch

181654785-0ac0c2b3-45bc-4ed3-bd68-11dd58

It's getting there, but it's not there yet. 

If you have a hacked non launch Switch (Lite, red box or OLED) it runs at 60fps with all effects and cutscenes. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Having played the game on Switch, I looked at the video and something seemed off. 

So looked it up, All particle effects, per objrctymotion blur and post processing effects don't work. 

The game also crashes during every cutscene and the game is cutscene heavy.    

PC

181654764-54b87765-c312-46d1-8882-04ee22

Switch

181654785-0ac0c2b3-45bc-4ed3-bd68-11dd58

It's getting there, but it's not there yet. 

If you have a hacked non launch Switch (Lite, red box or OLED) it runs at 60fps with all effects and cutscenes. 

Good catch.  Definitely is missing the particle effects as clearly demonstrated by the pics... though I wonder if the DOF effect is still there just that it's tied to resolution, causing it to look far less impactful in the emulated version? Or is it's not working completely?

Really it can run 60fps on a hacked Switch?  That's impressive.  Is that overclocked or something, or does it just unlock the fps?

Edited by Remij
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Good catch.  Definitely is missing the particle effects as clearly demonstrated by the pics... though I wonder if the DOF effect is still there just that it's tied to resolution, causing it to look far less impactful in the emulated version? Or is it's not working completely?

Really it can run 60fps on a hacked Switch?  That's impressive.  Is that overclocked or something, or does it just unlock the fps?

Yea I noticed it immediately since the game has a ton of particle effects, per object motion blur and bunch of other post processing effects during gameplay and real-time cutscenes. 

As far as 60fps on Switch. It has a be a non launch year model switch.

Remember the newer models have a better X1 chip than the launch models (Marico) . Even with the hack a launch model cannot run it at 60fps with over clock. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yea I noticed it immediately since the game has a ton of particle effects, per object motion blur and bunch of other post processing effects during gameplay and real-time cutscenes. 

As far as 60fps on Switch. It has a be a non launch year model switch.

Remember the newer models have a better X1 chip than the launch models (Marico) . Even with the hack a launch model cannot run it at 60fps with over clock. 

I'm surprised.

Does it hold the higher bounds of resolution then?  Because you would think it would be locked to 30 and the increased performance would push the resolution higher than anything else.

It's probably just a mod though, right?  Unlocks the FPS and disables the resolution scaling I imagine.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Best on PC

Happy Fun GIF by reactionseditor

Not quite yet... but probably will be very soon.  Missing effects and things causing the cutscenes to crash.  That could also bring performance down a bit when they get them functioning properly.

Still though, seems like 30fps locked and higher resolutions is already easily on the table.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm surprised.

Does it hold the higher bounds of resolution then?  Because you would think it would be locked to 30 and the increased performance would push the resolution higher than anything else.

It's probably just a mod though, right?  Unlocks the FPS and disables the resolution scaling I imagine.

The Reconstruction wise the game looks the same on launch models and Marico models.   From what DF assessed the image reconstruction for the game is done very early in the graphic pipeline (compared to other methods which reconstructed the image almost at the end) . 

So they may not be able to it off without causing graphical glitches. 

The post processing effects were easier to turn off because that's done last in the pipeline. 

The Marico models X1 chip is much more efficient than the launch models.. Hence the ability to get 60fps via a hacked model vs 30 on a hacked lauch switch. 

19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The Reconstruction wise the game looks the same on launch models and Marico models.   From what DF assessed the image reconstruction for the game is done very early in the graphic pipeline (compared to other methods which reconstructed the image almost at the end) . 

So they may not be able to it off without causing graphical glitches. 

The post processing effects were easier to turn off because that's done last in the pipeline. 

The Marico models X1 chip is much more efficient than the launch models.. Hence the ability to get 60fps via a hacked model vs 30 on a hacked lauch switch. 

What I mean though is that the game dynamically scales resolution and targets 30fps right?

So I would think the hacked Switches are obviously using a mod for the game to unlock the FPS to get it to run at 60.  But my question is that to get it to run at 60fps, the dynamic resolution scaling was likely turned off... otherwise the game would target higher resolution over faster framerate.

Disabling it shouldn't be a problem, it would just force the game to run either at a static resolution of their choice (probably the lower bounds portable profile) so that it can actually reach 60fps. Reconstruction would still happen as normal, it just wouldn't fluctuate dynamically.

Sure the Marico chip is more efficient, but it's not 2x more powerful/efficient though lol.  They're definitely overclocking.

Edited by Remij
25 minutes ago, Remij said:

What I mean though is that the game dynamically scales resolution and targets 30fps right?

So I would think the hacked Switches are obviously using a mod for the game to unlock the FPS to get it to run at 60.  But my question is that to get it to run at 60fps, the dynamic resolution scaling was likely turned off... otherwise the game would target higher resolution over faster framerate.

Disabling it shouldn't be a problem, it would just force the game to run either at a static resolution of their choice (probably the lower bounds portable profile) so that it can actually reach 60fps. Reconstruction would still happen as normal, it just wouldn't fluctuate dynamically.

Sure the Marico chip is more efficient, but it's not 2x more powerful/efficient though lol.  They're definitely overclocking.

*Meant to say 45 fps on launch Switch. 

The chip isn't 2X more powerful or 2X more efficient. 

Not because the retail game runs at 30fps means that's the best it could do.  It's just means that's the most stable FPS they could get and they went with it rather than an unstable unlocked 45 fps. 

I believe launch models overclock gets it to around 45 ish FPS and Mariko overclock gets it to stable 60fps. 

Edited by Goukosan
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lmao, imagine spending 100+ Hours playing through the entirety of the game and dealing with missing graphical features, constant crashes, and technical issues. No thanks.

Hermits will spend 200+ hrs on this game just because of all the troubleshooting and setup they’ll do to get it working. :omglol:

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Hermits will spend 200+ hrs on this game just because of all the troubleshooting and setup they’ll do to get it working. :omglol:

Game is twice as long on PC and basically has more content thanks to all the troubleshooting, TSHBO :omglol:

• Haha 2
  • dead 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Lmao, imagine spending 100+ Hours playing through the entirety of the game and dealing with missing graphical features, constant crashes, and technical issues. No thanks.

Doesnt sound much different that your experience

Just now, Twinblade said:

I mentioned that the game crashed for me on Switch. That only happened once in 10 hours of gameplay tho.

Ah.

Remember, when it comes to jonb, you're talking to a person who is too stupid to open a RAR file.

So if its more complicated than operating a VCR, he probably doesn't know what he's talking about.