What do you think of McDonald's?

There's a McShit two blocks away from my new apartment so I started going there more often than I normally would, especially after getting high. It had been a very long time since I went to one so it felt like rediscovering the clown all over again.

I must say the Big Mac is not good, the sauce is too sweet and there's too much bread (they should remove the middle slice). How did this overrated crap became their most iconic menu item is beyond me. 

I love the fries, that's one thing I can say I always liked. Always too much salt though but whatever, they're always crispy and I love the taste.

Quarter pound with cheese is very basic, lacked bacon but not bad at all reminds me of cheap classic burgers we use to find at every local joint in the early 90s. My only problem is that it's way overpriced for what it is. I could easily replicate and make them better at home for about 1/3 of the price. Plus I asked for a double Quarter pound with cheese tonight but got a single instead, I should have double checked my order before leaving. I forgot these kind of places always gets orders wrong. At least it was the right type of burger... Lmao.

The fruit smoothies are pretty good. Due to some promotions they only cost two bucks right and at that price I'd recommend trying them. You expect them to taste like artificial trash with too much sugar but it's actually not the case at all. They must be using real fruits or concentrate juice. 

What do you guys like or dislike? Any recommendations?

I like going there for breakfast. Their app has pretty decent deals and you earn a lot of free food. :yeshrug:

Also, that new Chicken Sandwich is not too bad. I like their nuggets as well. 

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

McGriddle is goated. The rest is w/e. It's cheap, shitty food but sometimes that's all you're really after because it's Sunday and Chick-Fil-A is closed. ;(

Wtf is a McGriddle? 

So I typically hate most cheaper fast food burger places other than Inn and Out. Can't stand anything from Burgerking, Wendies, etc. But I actually like McDonald's regular burgers and quarter pounder. 

It obviously doesn't compare to the top tier high end places, but they are decent.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Oh yea I don't mind those breakfast burritos either.. they're alright.

Can you order breakfast items at any hour of the day? That would be interesting... :patrice:

2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Btw people who live near Hat Creek Burger (fucking texas only I think) are blessed.  One of the best I ever ate.

I'm seriously thinking of starting my own burger joint once I finish accounting. Nothing fancy, just the classics but well made and fairly priced. 

It really food designed to be addicted to. So the chicken nuggets I get from time to time.

And yeah, its pretty solid breakfast, but that's because the biscuits or mcgriddle buns are designed to be addicted.

In Texas, we have other options with burgers with Whataburger and Braums, In-A-Out just arrived within the past decade.

1 minute ago, lostfool said:

It's shit.  Everything there is shit.  Fucking gross.  Only gross people est there.  Get real food.  

I'm a cook with a 10 years + experience, I've ate at some of the best restaurants around here, that doesn't mean I don't crave cheap shit every now and then.

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm a cook with a 10 years + experience, I've ate at some of the best restaurants around here, that doesn't mean I don't crave cheap shit every now and then.

No doubt. The egg and cheese croissanwich at Burger King owns. I’ll eat them when I go to Disney.