Yep, Gran Turismo 7 is worth a PS5.

Some people might have gotten a PS5 for Demon's Soul, but even though I've always looked at the GT franchise with some suspision, it's always worth it.

GT7 is a work of art.

Works beautiful with my Fanatec set-up, so much smooth with my steering set up.

16 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Some people might have gotten a PS5 for Demon's Soul, but even though I've always looked at the GT franchise with some suspision, it's always worth it.

GT7 is a work of art.

Works beautiful with my Fanatec set-up, so much smooth with my steering set up.

Weren’t you calling GT7 shit a few months ago? What happened?

8 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Weren’t you calling GT7 shit a few months ago? What happened?

Yeah I did.

It's nowhere near a sim but it's a fun arcade sim.

There are better sims out there but there is some charm about the GT franchise.

However, if you want to get your arms shredded, Assetto Corsa Competizione will tear you apart.

36 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Is it as grindy as everybody says it is?

Nah, it's the easiest GT game to make money in.

I'm level 50 (max rank) and I got there in a matter of weeks. I already own hundreds of cars from money I won doing races and free car giveaways.

It was grindy after the first major update but they fixed it after the backlash. It's in a good place now.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yeah I did.

It's nowhere near a sim but it's a fun arcade sim.

There are better sims out there but there is some charm about the GT franchise.

However, if you want to get your arms shredded, Assetto Corsa Competizione will tear you apart.

I agree with this. It's not a proper racing sim like AC but it's a well made and beautiful simcade experience.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

Damn I honestly like Forza Horizon more than GT

It's a far better racing franchise at this point.

But the next "Forza Horizon" game needs to change it up.. because another one that's similar to this will really begin wearing out its welcome.

That's an issue MS has always had with their franchises.  They continue to do the same thing, until it's worn out.  Hopefully Playground Games will understand that and do something different.  Make smaller scale, more focused racing games. Something like a snowmobile racing game, or Jetski racing and try taking on the Wave Race mantle.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I don’t think “one game” will ever justify the purchase of a console. I have to love several of its franchises. 

It's all relative to the amount of time you play/use it.

Like... imagine if you had the game for several months and only played it for a short amount for ONE day...  That would clearly NOT justify the purchase of the console... no matter what that person said about the game.

That's just logic.

But if someone were to play it very often, and have an entire racing setup which works with it... then that could understandably be worth the purchase.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

It's a far better racing franchise at this point.

But the next "Forza Horizon" game needs to change it up.. because another one that's similar to this will really begin wearing out its welcome.

That's an issue MS has always had with their franchises.  They continue to do the same thing, until it's worn out.  Hopefully Playground Games will understand that and do something different.  Make smaller scale, more focused racing games. Something like a snowmobile racing game, or Jetski racing and try taking on the Wave Race mantle.

Dude, its the second time they make a Lego add-on.

Playground's creative team is done.

And I hope the next FH completely changes the formula, because if they put it in another boring place with the same "unlock your festival" gameplay formula, then fuck them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

And I hope the next FH completely changes the formula, because if they put it in another boring place with the same "unlock your festival" gameplay formula, then fuck them.

Yea, I'm beginning to agree.  I love FH5... but enough is enough with this type.  The next game needs to be different.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

The whole focus on "the festival" is annoying in those games.

It makes them feel cheap and dated.

Gran Turismo is literally trying to tell a story, that the history of man is directly related to the history of the automobile.

I've only grown to appreciate that mentality as I have watched way more Top Gear and The Grand Tour within this past 10 years compared to pre-2010. Its just a really cool atmosphere that Polyphony Digital establishes with these games.

40 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's all relative to the amount of time you play/use it.

Like... imagine if you had the game for several months and only played it for a short amount for ONE day...  That would clearly NOT justify the purchase of the console... no matter what that person said about the game.

That's just logic.

But if someone were to play it very often, and have an entire racing setup which works with it... then that could understandably be worth the purchase.

That’s fair 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Damn I honestly like Forza Horizon more than GT

Apples and oranges. 

Now, who actually prefer Forza Motorsport over GT? Now that is the real question.