Any headphones that emulate Apples Spatial Audio & Headtracking?

God damn that spatial audio is amazing. I’ve failed to find something similar for non apple

products tho. Anyone have a recommendation? Sick of moving my Apple TV up and downstairs, I’d like for something to natively implement it when connected to my OLED. 

Edited by ghostz

As amazing as spacial audio is, it’s the M1 Max chip that’s mind-blowing. I get 6-10 hours of hardcore use out of my MacBook. 0 heat. Quiet. It takes less than an hour to fully charge. It’s all very impressive considering it’s almost 11 TF  of power. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

As amazing as spacial audio is, it’s the M1 Max chip that’s mind-blowing. I get 6-10 hours of hardcore use out of my MacBook. 0 heat. Quiet. It takes less than an hour to fully charge. It’s all very impressive considering it’s almost 11 TF  of power. 

Yeah man your M1 is a flat out beast. My m1 air is so good, and I rarely use it, it’ll probably still be solid in 7-8 years… I’ll probably trade it in in a few years though. 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Yeah man your M1 is a flat out beast. My m1 air is so good, and I rarely use it, it’ll probably still be solid in 7-8 years… I’ll probably trade it in in a few years though. 

Yeah, I hadn’t been impressed with a MacBook in a long time. The M1 pro/max is a game-changer, though. I can run a bunch of nodes on 6K/8K clips in Davinci Resolve, and I’ll have 0 slowdown. I don’t have to create proxies either or lower image quality on my timeline. I rate my MacBook a 9.75, with the high price being its only con. 

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I hadn’t been impressed with a MacBook in a long time. The M1 pro/max is a game-changer, though. I can run a bunch of nodes on 6K/8K clips in Davinci Resolve, and I’ll have 0 slowdown. I don’t have to create proxies either or lower image quality on my timeline. I rate my MacBook a 9.75, with the high price being its only con. 

quality has a cost :banderoos:

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Any headphones that emulate Apples Spatial Audio & Headtracking?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Hot Sauce locked and unlocked this topic

https://www.lg.com/us/headphones/lg-tone-t90q-white

The T90 Tone Free earbuds sit at the top of LG’s four-strong headphone range, and the brand claims that they are the world’s first wireless earbuds to support Dolby Head Tracking across all content and devices using an audio virtualiser designed by Dolby specifically for earbuds.

:banderoos: might have found what I need 

Edited by ghostz
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, ghostz said:

https://www.lg.com/us/headphones/lg-tone-t90q-white

The T90 Tone Free earbuds sit at the top of LG’s four-strong headphone range, and the brand claims that they are the world’s first wireless earbuds to support Dolby Head Tracking across all content and devices using an audio virtualiser designed by Dolby specifically for earbuds.

:banderoos: might have found what I need 

are you aware if LG OLED televisions are able to send out Dolby Atmos metadata via bluetooth???:reg::reg::reg:

22 minutes ago, jehurey said:

are you aware if LG OLED televisions are able to send out Dolby Atmos metadata via bluetooth???:reg::reg::reg:

This I don’t know. But it will eventually be done on the software side or more likely a usb dongle

i wonder what LG is even promoting the Headtracking for? What is it even compatible with if not LG products? 

Edited by ghostz
3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

This I don’t know. But it will eventually be done on the software side or more likely a usb dongle

clearly you can go to the T90Q product page, and simply select Alt-F to find the world "OLED" and see if it mentions it, right?

For starts, an Dolby Atmos encode, the tv would have to send out, either as a passthrough, or the tv has to provide encoding. Which an output device usually only DECODES formats, not encode formats.

You know..........don't let me stop you....spend the $230 to found out.:mjgrin:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

clearly you can go to the T90Q product page, and simply select Alt-F to find the world "OLED" and see if it mentions it, right?

For starts, an Dolby Atmos encode, the tv would have to send out, either as a passthrough, or the tv has to provide encoding. Which an output device usually only DECODES formats, not encode formats.

You know..........don't let me stop you....spend the $230 to found out.:mjgrin:

Nah, it’s extremely vague 

**Compatibility and availability may vary by device, application, and content. Dolby Head Tracking and audio virtualizer must be turned on in the LG TONE Free app.

but I wouldn’t buy it until it’s confirmed somewhere. I don’t think they’re even out 

Actually, here’s what I’m seeing:

Dolby head tracking works with any audio content to create a greater sense of space — that’s a big difference from Apple’s version, which is strictly limited to Atmos Music and certain kinds of Atmos or Dolby 5.1 soundtracks. As you might guess, Dolby’s version is also a natural companion to Dolby Atmos content, whether it’s a movie soundtrack or Dolby Atmos Music. But I found that once I enabled it, the effect was available for all of the audio I listened to, including standard stereo tracks and TV shows.

this is also pretty cool

For a lot of folks, the big selling feature will be that little switch you can see on the case’s side, something the T90Q has inherited from the Tone Free FP9 . Flip it toward the headphone jack icon and it transforms the case into a hi-res audio Bluetooth transmitter, which can be used with digital and analog audio sources using either of the included cables.

Edited by ghostz
1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Actually, here’s what I’m seeing:

Dolby head tracking works with any audio content to create a greater sense of space — that’s a big difference from Apple’s version, which is strictly limited to Atmos Music and certain kinds of Atmos or Dolby 5.1 soundtracks. As you might guess, Dolby’s version is also a natural companion to Dolby Atmos content, whether it’s a movie soundtrack or Dolby Atmos Music. But I found that once I enabled it, the effect was available for all of the audio I listened to, including standard stereo tracks and TV shows.

this is also pretty cool

For a lot of folks, the big selling feature will be that little switch you can see on the case’s side, something the T90Q has inherited from the Tone Free FP9 . Flip it toward the headphone jack icon and it transforms the case into a hi-res audio Bluetooth transmitter, which can be used with digital and analog audio sources using either of the included cables.

dolby virtual realization is just a codec that works with any headphones.

and the spatial audio probably works by simply setting the default location when you turn the feature on, and then it just guesses your head movement with motion control.

and also, Dolby Atmos encoding does not work through an analog audio source, so even if the case is a bluetooth transmitter, if its getting the audio through an analog cable, you are not getting Dolby Atmos metadata.

And digitally, it would be sent through the ARC/eARC port.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

dolby virtual realization is just a codec that works with any headphones.

and the spatial audio probably works by simply setting the default location when you turn the feature on, and then it just guesses your head movement with motion control.

and also, Dolby Atmos encoding does not work through an analog audio source, so even if the case is a bluetooth transmitter, if its getting the audio through an analog cable, you are not getting Dolby Atmos metadata.

And digitally, it would be sent through the ARC/eARC port.

Yeah I’m seeing mixed reviews. I’ll wait for more info and maybe try them myself and return if dissatisfied. I’m far from an audiophile as long as it sounds decent I’m fine. This is for movies/tv not music 

Edited by ghostz