What is with Xbox allowing actual shovelware trash on their console platform?

https://www.eurogamer.net/theres-a-rubbish-god-of-war-rip-off-on-the-xbox-store

There's a legit shovelware game that rips off a shitty version of the Kratos model where all you do is basically attack enemies in an arena

It's called "War Gods Zeus of Child"

Untitled-1-Recovered_Geu4ZKY.jpg

Seriously... what the fuck is this?  This is another instance in just the past week of me seeing some complete bullshit shovelware shit on the store.

Has it been like that for a while, or does MS literally not care anymore?

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
  • Remij changed the title to What is with Xbox allowing actual shovelware trash on their console platform?

you know that anti-drug commercial where the father discovers pot in his son's room, and confront's his son about it.

And the father says "where did you learn how to do this?!"

and the son shoots back "I LEARNED IT FROM YOU!!!!"

Well its the same thing with Xbox leadership and indie devs.

Take a look at this month's GamePass games.

TW_ComingSoon_8.2.2022-687247a9f78251e0b

Look at this shit.

Indie devs are looking at shitty and old games and saying to themselves "Xbox gets to charge $15 a month..........for this shit?"

"then I might as well make shit, too"

"I LEARNED IT FROM WATCH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!":lemming:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Sony somehow allowed this on PSN

I honestly had no idea.  Been ages since I've turned on my PS4.  I don't ever remember seeing junk like that.

Did this shit happen after their "indie initiative" shit?  I'm talking about both Xbox and PS here.

And yea, it seems like they're trying to take a page out of Steam's book and make whatever money they can off this junk.

That's really unfortunate.  Steam at least has the tools to mostly deal with filtering out this junk.  You'd hate to start seeing shit like that on your console where you can't as easily do that. :scust: 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I honestly had no idea.  Been ages since I've turned on my PS4.  I don't ever remember seeing junk like that.

Did this shit happen after their "indie initiative" shit?  I'm talking about both Xbox and PS here.

And yea, it seems like they're trying to take a page out of Steam's book and make whatever money they can off this junk.

That's really unfortunate.  Steam at least has the tools to mostly deal with filtering out this junk.  You'd hate to start seeing shit like that on your console where you can't as easily do that. :scust: 

Yeah there's been a fair amount of games like that released recently on PSN. I think Life of Black Tiger started the trend, people saw that you can put together the most broken, unplayable garbage and still sell if for money.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah there's been a fair amount of games like that released recently on PSN. I think Life of Black Tiger started the trend, people saw that you can put together the most broken, unplayable garbage and still sell if for money.

JFC :D